Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, Holy ! Just saw something!

Anyone wanna guess how bad the young college educated vote was for Trump in the Republican primaries? Like it's ridiculous. I'm talking 18-34 college educated Republicans in the bachelor's and the advanced degree categories

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So then "The Onion" is a sarcasm website.

Abstract concept is not your cup of tea.
    Gotta win the Internet over trivial semantics.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also someone with an advanced degree is way ing smarter than a ing high school dropout.
    Almost always. Though, I wouldn't say this election was about high school dropouts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting a degree is not about being on the winning political side. Are you saying if people with degrees were really smart they would have voted for the winning Presidential candidate? Those two things aren't remotely related. Voting isn't about predicting the winner.

Maybe you should take some advanced Logic courses.
    Really poor reading comprehension skills. Why didn't the smart people realize that running Hillary Clinton was ing stupid?

You run a crippled horse, you're not that smart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta win the Internet over trivial semantics.
    You're the one who challenged it, dip .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, Holy ! Just saw something!

Anyone wanna guess how bad the young college educated vote was for Trump in the Republican primaries? Like it's ridiculous. I'm talking 18-34 college educated Republicans in the bachelor's and the advanced degree categories
    Millennials remain the most Democratic age cohort: 51% of Millennials (ages 18-34) identify as Democrats or lean Democratic, compared with 35% who identify as Republican or lean Republican. This is little changed in recent years; in 2008, Millennials leaned Democratic by a wider margin (55% to 30%). (For more on Millennials’ political at udes, see “Millennials in Adulthood,” March 7, 2014.)

Education level aside, young people tend to vote democratic, if they vote. They are more for "anything goes" aka "liberal" than "rules" aka "conservative".

All this aside, you're still talking about the candidate who won. You should be trying to figure out why you lost instead of berating the voter base for the winner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This whole thing is ridiculous. If the info showed that Trump voters had more advanced degrees and higher IQs Trump s would 100% use it to mock other people. No one in the world doubts that If they're being honest.
    Proof from a hypothetical isn't proof of anything.

Aaron, do you have an advanced degree? You seem to deify the degree as if it's some mark of genius. It's not.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really poor reading comprehension skills. Why didn't the smart people realize that running Hillary Clinton was ing stupid?

You run a crippled horse, you're not that smart.
    This is dumb on a number of levels. For one thing, Hillary Clinton was not nominated by a consortium of college graduates, she was nominated by delegates representing registered Democrats participating in the primary. Hillary Clinton's nomination has nothing to do with the value of a college degree.

Secondly, Hillary Clinton was most successful in the Democratic Primary with voters who had "High School or Less" education. Bernie Sanders did considerably better with voters who had some College education or more than he did with people who didn't have any college education.

Third, you don't know that Bernie Sanders would have won if he had been the nominee. You don't know that any Democratic nominee would have won. Democratic voters, degreed and otherwise, were given the choices they were given just like Republicans were.

Nothing you're saying makes sense. All you've done is display a strange resentment against college education.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Proof from a hypothetical isn't proof of anything.

Aaron, do you have an advanced degree? You seem to deify the degree as if it's some mark of genius. It's not.
    It's really not. I know a lot of people with Master's degrees and higher who are not that smart. Nonetheless, many of the most intelligent people do hold high degrees and do good work. But many times for all of their intelligence, they often have glaring blind spots as well.

However, people who have to experience a grind are the ones often "more in touch." Frankly, this was the narrative that Dems used against Romney just one cycle ago. Suddenly that's not a thing now that Trump is en vogue.
    Last edited by Spurtacular; 12-16-2017 at 02:40 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is dumb on a number of levels. For one thing, Hillary Clinton was not nominated by a consortium of college graduates, she was nominated by delegates representing registered Democrats participating in the primary. Hillary Clinton's nomination has nothing to do with the value of a college degree.
    So those who ed Bernie over and pushed Hillary to the forefront didn't have degrees? So those who voted for Hillary didn't have degrees? or go blind, got.
    Secondly, Hillary Clinton was most successful in the Democratic Primary with voters who had "High School or Less" education. Bernie Sanders did considerably better with voters who had some College education or more than he did with people who didn't have any college education.
    So the educated folks allowed themselves to be silenced by a bunch of mouth breathing knuckle draggers... twice.
    Third, you don't know that Bernie Sanders would have won if he had been the nominee. You don't know that any Democratic nominee would have won. Democratic voters, degreed and otherwise, were given the choices they were given just like Republicans were.

Nothing you're saying makes sense.
    Either the college degree means something in the election or it doesn't. Whichever you decide, tell that to Aaron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So those who ed Bernie over and pushed Hillary to the forefront didn't have degrees? So those who voted for Hillary didn't have degrees? or go blind, got.

So the educated folks allowed themselves to be silenced by a bunch of mouth breathing knuckle draggers... twice.

Either the college degree means something in the election or it doesn't. Whichever you decide, tell that to Aaron.
    Aaron's doing just fine on his own. It's a pretty simple data point. People with higher education tended not to vote for Donald Trump. Period.

For some reason the implication that college-educated people are generally more intelligent has you incensed to a degree that you're making nonsensical counter-arguments about the political strategies (or votes lol) of specific college graduates. It's like saying a Medical Degree doesn't necessarily make you a better doctor because you found an article about a surgeon who was unsuccessful in a heart transplant.

It's okay if you didn't get a degree, no one here is judging you. Maybe you need to make peace with it yourself?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're the one who challenged it, dip .
    You're the one that thinks he won the Internet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aaron's doing just fine on his own. It's a pretty simple data point. People with higher education tended not to vote for Donald Trump. Period.
    Or Hillary, according to you.
    For some reason the implication that college-educated people are generally more intelligent has you incensed to a degree that you're making nonsensical counter-arguments about the political strategies (or votes lol) of specific college graduates. It's like saying a Medical Degree doesn't necessarily make you a better doctor because you found an article about a surgeon who was unsuccessful in a heart transplant.
    Why do you capitalize "medical degree" as it's a proper noun?

You don't even understand the argument.

It's a sour grapes argument. Sure you lost, but you feel better knowing that people with degrees voted for someone who was a poor choice.
    It's okay if you didn't get a degree, no one here is judging you. Maybe you need to make peace with it yourself?
    I see you totally ignored my response because you're lost, as usual.

When you want to compare W2s and degrees, let me know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're the one that thinks he won the Internet.
    That's your brain dead retort any time someone shoves their in your eye socket around here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's your brain dead retort any time someone shoves their in your eye socket around here.
    It's funny how your retorts go gay when you get angry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny how your retorts go gay when you get angry
    You think gays each other in the eye sockets?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think gays each other in the eye sockets?
    You visualize it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or Hillary, according to you.
    By comparison to college-educated people in the Democratic primary, right.

You don't even understand the argument.

It's a sour grapes argument. Sure you lost, but you feel better knowing that people with degrees voted for someone who was a poor choice.
    No, it's a statement of fact that you have spent hours whining about because of its implications. You see "college educated = more intelligent" and you go on the same old "Then why did Hillary lose?" tangent as you've done countless other times.

I see you totally ignored my response because you're lost, as usual.
    Your response was a non sequitur and did not merit further attention. The education level of the people in power at the DNC is not a necessary indictment of college education, and it's irrelevant to a discussion on voter behavior results and trends.

When you want to compare W2s and degrees, let me know.
    Share personal information with you? Not a chance.

Make no mistake, I don't care if you have a degree or not, or what your job/pay is, I'm simply observing that you seem resentful towards college education. Your tough guy posturing is unnecessary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By comparison to college-educated people in the Democratic primary, right.
    Don't act like you were a Bernie supporter. You're Hillary through and through.
    No, it's a statement of fact that you have spent hours whining about because of its implications. You see "college educated = more intelligent" and you go on the same old "Then why did Hillary lose?" tangent as you've done countless other times.
    No, I see someone overlooking just why they lost as they continue to draw the same faulty conclusions as before. Again, you're not up to speed on the argument, like always.

If the winning side is dumb, what does that say about the losing side?
    Your response was a non sequitur and did not merit further attention. The education level of the people in power at the DNC is not a necessary indictment of college education, and it's irrelevant to a discussion on voter behavior results and trends.
    However the lack of education on the other side somehow underscores just how important college degrees are in the voting process.
    Share personal information with you? Not a chance.

Make no mistake, I don't care if you have a degree or not, or what your job/pay is, I'm simply observing that you seem resentful towards college education. Your tough guy posturing is unnecessary.
    "It's ok if you didn't get a degree" - You

You try to play the "hurr durr yur dumb" angle then when called out you pretend you weren't.

The offer stands. Of course you'll run away from it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Millennials remain the most Democratic age cohort: 51% of Millennials (ages 18-34) identify as Democrats or lean Democratic, compared with 35% who identify as Republican or lean Republican. This is little changed in recent years; in 2008, Millennials leaned Democratic by a wider margin (55% to 30%). (For more on Millennials’ political at udes, see “Millennials in Adulthood,” March 7, 2014.)

Education level aside, young people tend to vote democratic, if they vote. They are more for "anything goes" aka "liberal" than "rules" aka "conservative".

All this aside, you're still talking about the candidate who won. You should be trying to figure out why you lost instead of berating the voter base for the winner
    Who the s doing this?!?!? I been in a great mood lately. The Moore victory and some of the other elections got me feeling really good about 2018. I just stated a throwaway fact that his base is largely dumb white trash. Which is true I dunno maybe it's like highly offensive but it's true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truthfully what got me feeling extra good partially is that really dumb white trash base of his. This republican never Trump conservative I follow on Twitter was pointing out all the stupid ing people they and other far right nut groups nominated who lost. Like by his logic they would have 55 to 57 Senate seats if the more sane Republicans had won the primaries.

Like this Christen O'Donnell she's up in one of the northeast states there was a republican who was going to take over for someone who retiring and he was like way ahead in the polls. Then the tea party was upset with the establishment Republicans so they nominated this O'Donnell and she won the primaries but lost by like 20 points in the election because she was such a far right crazy re . Then there was this guy Todd Akin who was leading in red state Missouri and said if your raped your body will reject the baby so you don't need an abortion. Plus several other goobers he mentioned because in the primaries you get these really right wing nutjobs like Chris who push forward these guys who are unelectable in general elections.

It's already shaping up pretty good they got this chemtrail Kelli in Arizona this Tarkenian guy in Nevada and Bannon promising he gonna primary a lot more of these people with unelectable Roy Moore type losers who can't win general elections. All we got to do is nominate boring people like Doug Jones and we should be fine
    Last edited by AaronY; 12-16-2017 at 08:46 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing phenomenal

As Mother Jones reported last year, Ward has “has flirted with the conspiracy-theory fringe by making appearances on 9/11 truther radio programs, advising citizens to stay vigilant against UN helicopters, warning against government ‘indoctrination,’ and proposing an unusual theory that the Affordable Care Act was part of a plot to force rural residents to move to cities.”

More of that please. Me gusta

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoa...

This brought out some real feelings of inferiority.

W-2s and Degrees... Choose your weapons Gentlemen, we have a duel royale.

Conservatives think liberals are stupid and liberals think conservatives are stupid.
    Go figure. Those polls splitting up voters by college education or lack thereof have been fine tinder.

The video showing Roy Moore's campaign manager totally mystified by swearing in on the Bible; the Judicial nominee totally unable to answer questions concerning law, do show a penchant the current administration has for backing unqualified citizens for positions that require some knowledge. Is this what has DMC bugged? these ordinary citizens thinking they can just step in and run the FBI? Government for and by the people dammit. "Listen to me, I'm not stupid, I just wallow in ignorance." And.... Donald Trump is president. Bang. Ya see there, this is what you get smart people. Bannon told me so.

There was a video showing a group of younger black people ecstatic over Obama's election victory. I believe they thought they would get free cell phones. I guess Obama needed to nominate a few of them for Secretary of State. Maybe the DNC could round em up and select them for "minor" State Supreme Court positions, anyone can do it.( With the exception of Bible thumping pedophiles.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This brought out some real feelings of inferiority.

W-2s and Degrees... Choose your weapons Gentlemen, we have a duel royale.

Conservatives think liberals are stupid and liberals think conservatives are stupid.
    Go figure. Those polls splitting up voters by college education or lack thereof have been fine tinder.

The video showing Roy Moore's campaign manager totally mystified by swearing in on the Bible; the Judicial nominee totally unable to answer questions concerning law, do show a penchant the current administration has for backing unqualified citizens for positions that require some knowledge. Is this what has DMC bugged? these ordinary citizens thinking they can just step in and run the FBI? Government for and by the people dammit. "Listen to me, I'm not stupid, I just wallow in ignorance." And.... Donald Trump is president. Bang. Ya see there, this is what you get smart people. Bannon told me so.

There was a video showing a group of younger black people ecstatic over Obama's election victory. I believe they thought they would get free cell phones. I guess Obama needed to nominate a few of them for Secretary of State. Maybe the DNC could round em up and select them for "minor" State Supreme Court positions, anyone can do it.( With the exception of Bible thumping pedophiles.)
    I don't think conservatives are stupid i think Trump conservatives are really stupid. The Romney ones like I showed earlier are not at all. Like if Romney primaried Trump in 2020 the education divide would would be insanely stark
    Last edited by AaronY; 12-16-2017 at 10:02 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Besides I like literally showed reams of facts backing up what I was saying to show it wasn't a matter of opinion.

Thread Information