Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Stomping on Laker haters Purple & Gold's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Arsenal's my fav team in the Premiership, I like how they're developing their young players, and a big fan of Henry. They essentially made it to the finals of the Carling cup with their second unit, and still let them play in the Finals. Arsenal is in a tough spot in the Champion' League, but still have a chance. Barca on the other hand, needs a miracle.

I hate Chelsea almost as much as I hat Man U, with their signings of random big name players who haven't done this year like Schevchenko and Ballack.
    I've been a Chelsea fan for many years and only recently have they had money. And they never won till they started spending. It was always the usual teams ManU, Arsenal, and Liverpool that had all the money. And those were the teams that would win. And now those are the teams that are complaining the most. But seriously I also don't like that they can buy every player, but if they don't there's no way they can compete. If the EPL wants it to be more fair then they need some type of cap or luxury tax. Same goes with teams like Real Madrid or Barca. Those are the teams that created the disparity, not Chelsea. They only took what they did to a new level.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    See you miss the point, over here, it is rated as 5th or 6th out of the European leagues, if they knock the arse out then great and i will be very ing pleased but in terms of other teams in Europe they are not one of the big ones!
    Yeah the Dutch league is pretty weak. Other than Ajax and PSV everybody else sucks. , even the Mexican league is a better league top to bottom.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A salary cap would kill off the game, the reason fans watch the game in the first place is that they get to see some of the greatest talent in the World do battle, its supply and demand, if the demand wasnt there, players wouldnt get paid as much as they do as the clubs wouldnt have the income that they do, hence the reason why the European CL is probably the biggest club compe ion in the world.

As for Arsenal have no money to spend, thats rubbish, they have always had money to spend, and the same can be said for Newcarsual and Tottenham, they just refused to spend it and instead went off a developed a youth set and discovered some good players - Viera for example cost £11million...
    Yeah if they put some type of cap it would create more of an equal playing field in England, but you would never be able to compete with the other super clubs from other countries. I consider the EPL the strongest league in Europe with Spain a close number 2. And it's funny to hear the other big name teams cry. They've been outspending everybody else for years. As for Chelsea there's already rumors that Abromovich doesn't want to really spend anymore. And who can blame him, he already spent a load of money.

And whatever happened to the super league they were talking about. Kind of like the Champions League, but not in a tournament form. Where it would be an actual league. And teams would get relegated and be brought up from their respective countries leagues. I know the leagues wouldn't like that, but that would make a great European League. That would even be that much better than the CL.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I've been a Chelsea fan for many years and only recently have they had money. And they never won till they started spending. It was always the usual teams ManU, Arsenal, and Liverpool that had all the money. And those were the teams that would win. And now those are the teams that are complaining the most. But seriously I also don't like that they can buy every player, but if they don't there's no way they can compete. If the EPL wants it to be more fair then they need some type of cap or luxury tax. Same goes with teams like Real Madrid or Barca. Those are the teams that created the disparity, not Chelsea. They only took what they did to a new level.
    I have no problem with teams spending money, don't get me wrong. I was referring to the players I generally dislike on Chelsea rather than the fact they spent cash on them. I have been an Henry fan for almost a decade so it tends to influence my team preference.

As for the big teams crying about Chelsea's spending, I don't feel sorry for them, although now it just puts Chelsea in the group with LVP, ARS and ManU with everyone behind. I think a cap might work, as Italy has the same prob (Inter, Roma, Milan, Juventus) with only 4 teams usually making noise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.... I hope you guys are ready for some good games tomorrow. For those watching on ESPN2 & ESPN Classic, they're gonna show Liverpool v Barcelona at 1:30 Central, and Chelsea v Porto afterwards on ESPN Classic. The other matches not shown on regular cable is Lyon v Roma, and Valencia v Inter.

This is do or die for favorites such as Barcelona and Inter (not to mention Arsenal and Real Madrid on Wed). Inter Milan is going to pay for playing like such es in the first leg at the San Siro, trying to close games with only a one goal lead. Now they have to go into Valencia and they technically must win, or tie with a score of 2-2 or higher to advance.
    Last edited by SAtown; 03-05-2007 at 07:24 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is how my manutd team wins games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liverpool are through and i can't wait to see them win the champions league for the 6th time!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So after Tuesday Barcelona, Inter Milan, Porto, and Lyon are out; Chelsea, Liverpool, Valencia, and Roma are through to the Quarterfinals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That goal in the Roma game was one of the sickest I have seen in awhile

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at least valencia advance

sucks though inter is out

good fight though, cant wait for suspensions to be handed out which will make it harder for valencia in the next round...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So after Tuesday Barcelona, Inter Milan, Porto, and Lyon are out; Chelsea, Liverpool, Valencia, and Roma are through to the Quarterfinals.
    barca is out? they just beat liverpool

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    barca is out? they just beat liverpool
    there are two legs one at camp nou in barcelona and one at anfield in liverpool.

the game two weeks ago at the camp nou liverpool won 2-1 and at the game at anfiel barcelona won 1-0.

so it was 2-2 overall, but because liverpool scored 2 away goals and barcelona only scored 1 liverpool go through on the away goal rule.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you haven't seen it heres the valencia vs inter fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nUFt0_RfVY

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Yeahhhhh I got Real and Bayern on TV and I'm watching Arsenal online.

GO GUNNERS!

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Damnit, I thought they said Henry was going to start! Arsenal can't even allow a goal or they're toast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeahhhhh I got Real and Bayern on TV and I'm watching Arsenal online.

GO GUNNERS!
    How do you get online games?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    LMFAO @ REAL MADRID! Oh my god.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Got this link from Purple and Gold: http://myp2p.eu/Weekdays.htm

I personally use Sopcast to watch the game: http://download.sopcast.com/download/SopCast.zip

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man U. should have scored already

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Chelsea advances.

Some damn good games yesterday. That Barcelona/Liverpool game was a great game. Exciting from the get go. Messi got schooled yesterday and they kept trying to attack on his side when Ronaldhino and Eto'o is on the the other side. Big mistake IMO. Also Deco didn't look that good.

Valencia also looked good. And the Italians want to fight at the end of the game. What else is new. I enjoyed seeing that Inter player in a choke hold.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Man U. should have scored already
    Man U cheated their way to a win last game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man U cheated their way to a win last game.
    Thats fine Im talking about this game on now

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Thats fine Im talking about this game on now
    They're both kind of related.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GGGGGGOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea I realize the teams play twice and the total goals matter, but I am talking about this particular game

Thread Information