My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Nice av dallaskd!

I can't wait to see Nog tear it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could you imagine if they matched up Tanner and Shogun? I know Tanner has ties to Chute Box but he didn't train with the guys in Brazil, right? Wasn't he at a CB location in the states?

Well, this could be an amazing fight that I would love to see.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Nice av dallaskd!

u want one?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Could you imagine if they matched up Tanner and Shogun? I know Tanner has ties to Chute Box but he didn't train with the guys in Brazil, right? Wasn't he at a CB location in the states?

Well, this could be an amazing fight that I would love to see.

Well, in the current issue of realfighter magazine Shogun states he would fight wandy any time even though they train together. "Its just business."

So I could see Tanner and Shogun agreeing. But Tanner and Shogun would be horrible match up for Tanner. I love Evan Tanner but he would be destroyed, plus he would need to gain some weight or Shogun drop down.

And Tanner from what I understand he is training in the Cali (LA) location.
    Last edited by Evan; 05-23-2007 at 09:24 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Sure. Any Cro Cop or Evan Tanner?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    yeah. h/o

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

MMA SIGS

H/o and ill get some cro cop and tanner avatars

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shogun and Wandy would be insane! Would love to see that.

Tanner is one my favorite fighters of all time but it would definitely be a bad match up for him, especially the stand up. But these guys are two tough and skilled fighters and it would very interesting to watch them. If Tanner could manage to get the clinch or in good position on the ground then he might be able to work some of his game.

If anything, we all know that Tanner can take a lot punishment and give a great fight.

It will be awesome to see Shogun in UFC although I'll miss his soccer kicks.

BTW, Shogun and I were born on the exact same day in history which practically makes me Chute Box tough.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I hate Silva.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If anything, we all know that Tanner can take a lot punishment and give a great fight
    Oh yeah. Totally. That fight with Franklin....just wow.

It will be awesome to see Shogun in UFC although I'll miss his soccer kicks.
    Me too but I have always worried that stomps would one day kill someone. All it would take is one kick to the throat. It would have been a matter of time IMO.

BTW, Shogun and I were born on the exact same day in history which practically makes me Chute Box tough.
    Hahahaha!
    Last edited by Evan; 05-23-2007 at 10:07 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    thanks dallaskd, I will use one of those over on another forum I visit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WOW the LIddell and Rampage weigh in is TOmm on ESPN news. I didnt think ESPN saw it as a sport.....its about time.

Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    H/o and ill get some cro cop and tanner avatars
    Thanks for the link...I'll play with the resizr site too...

Nice av dallaskd!

Cool to see you chime in here! (and you're a Mavs fan ) I hadn't seen your site before yesterday (it was linked in Bob Sturm's blog). I forgot that Gonzaga was a former CB guy (I still wouldn't consider him a "CB guy")...I mainly found it odd to link Tanner with CB success when he hasn't done anything with them yet. Eh, no biggie though...I still bookmarked your site

Randy Moss for me...which makes me a trouble maker with skills?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Thanks Leonard, yeah I was glad Sturm linked me. Very cool. I have only been up and running for about 6 weeks now.

Yeah you may be right about Tanner being on the list. I do know he has cross trained with them a few times but he is probably not to be considered a true "Chute Boxe" success story as it stand right now but its debatable I suppose. But Since he is a true member now I added him. If he was still doing that silly "foundation" that he bailed on so quick I would not have added him.

As for Gonzaga, they claim him a a member but it certainly is a confusing issue. I have tried to find out for sure why he left and if he is truly completely gone. I have a half written entry on his rise to fame that I am wa ing to post as soon as I find a solid, legit non rumor story on why he left. The closest thing I can find is it has something to do with training time and it was not such a big deal. Nothing dramatic.

Anyway, I appreciate the discussion guys, love debating some good ol mma. Glad I saw this forum, I am a Mavs fan but this is a good one. Think I will stick around as long as the ADMIN doesn't mind someone just parked in a off topic sub forum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Leonard, yeah I was glad Sturm linked me. Very cool. I have only been up and running for about 6 weeks now.

Yeah you may be right about Tanner being on the list. I do know he has cross trained with them a few times but he is probably not to be considered a true "Chute Boxe" success story as it stand right now but its debatable I suppose. But Since he is a true member now I added him. If he was still doing that silly "foundation" that he bailed on so quick I would not have added him.

As for Gonzaga, they claim him a a member but it certainly is a confusing issue. I have tried to find out for sure why he left and if he is truly completely gone. I have a half written entry on his rise to fame that I am wa ing to post as soon as I find a solid, legit non rumor story on why he left. The closest thing I can find is it has something to do with training time and it was not such a big deal. Nothing dramatic.

Anyway, I appreciate the discussion guys, love debating some good ol mma. Glad I saw this forum, I am a Mavs fan but this is a good one. Think I will stick around as long as the ADMIN doesn't mind someone just parked in a off topic sub forum.

I wonder if I will now have 2 Mavs fans as friends ? Leonard and I put aside our basketball differences and are MMA chums now. Who said violence doesnt solve anything....it brings people together .

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ATRAIN, I think we now have proof violence solves everything and makes the world that much closer together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ATRAIN, I think we now have proof violence solves everything and makes the world that much closer together.

Wuuurd Up my brotha in MMA. Man I have seen that preview video on the UFC71 website where Rampage says he is going to whoop chucks ass at LEAST 20 times so far this week. Im sooooo excited.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Cool...I'll check your site often. Are you a journalist or writer by trade, or just an MMA fan that started up a site??

Don't worry about that...Kori is very cool. She hasn't booted me yet, so her tolerance is fairly high

I wonder if I will now have 2 Mavs fans as friends ? Leonard and I put aside our basketball differences and are MMA chums now. Who said violence doesnt solve anything....it brings people together .

I'm a Mavs fan (never miss a game) but it's far from life and death for me. MMA is my #1 sport these days...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Big announcements at UFC 71???

Dana intro's:

Shogun
    Mayhem Miller
    One of Arona/Overeem/Lil Nog (probably Nog since his brother signed, and Overeem has a K-1 fight in June)

Those are the rumors anyway...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is Dana really going to fight o?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    So is Dana really going to fight o?
    Nope

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Then what was that whole promo about?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Then what was that whole promo about?
    That was supposed to be the actual sparring match, but o didn't show.
    Last edited by LEONARD; 05-24-2007 at 12:31 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Bodog Odds:
    http://www.bodog.com/sports-betting/...rtial-arts.jsp

Carmelo Marrero +220
    Wilson Gouveia -280

Jeremy Stephens +260
    Din Thomas -330

Sean Salmon -125
    Alan Belcher -105

Thiago Silva -230
    James Irvin +190

Kalib Starnes +190
    Chris Leben -230

Houston Alexander +400
    Keith Jardine -600

Terry Martin +120
    Ivan Salaverry -150

Karo Parisyan -260
    Josh Burkman +200

Chuck Liddell -175
    Quinton Jackson +145

It looks like a lot of bets are being placed on Rampage & Burkman based on how the odds have moved the last couple days.

If I was laying money I like Stephens, Alexander, Martin, Burkman, and Rampage as UD bets. BTW, I put together a spreadsheet going back to Dec 30th and placed $20 on every underdog (UFC and Pride cards). I'd be up about $500. I was just curious with all the upsets lately how it would work out.

Thread Information