Page 54 of 103 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2572
    foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And get tons of shots from their P&Rs and LMA's post-ups, too. It wouldn't make sense to deny the SL offense runs that way.

Getting everybody shots...It's just delusional. There is no team in the league that works that way.

GSW have three main scorers. 1-a/1-b and vice versa in Curry/KD and then Klay as #3 option. The same with any elite team.
    I said touches not shots, as for Golden State. They have a motion offense/system. Yes they get shots a lot of the time off screens and cuts.

Bottom line is that the next step in Kawhi's evolution is making his teammates better. I think we can all agree Kawhi is not the most gifted passer and may be his biggest weakness. He looks for his shot a lot and while he is typically amazingly efficient it hurts everyone else, cause a free flowing offense lets people touch the ball. Role players who touch the ball more feel more comfortable which leads to more makes. Can anyone remember when we were the big one and Duncan carried the whole team and end of games typically ended with double teams leading to open threes. We would wonder who's gonna step up and make the big shot. I was young but the years the role players hit shots we won and the years we lost they didn't. That was my impression at least. My point is, the way he plays now he's putting a lot of pressure on himself when/if we go deep. LMA already stated that it was hard for him to turn it on when he was neglected(my words) for the most part and then expected to just turn it on. Most players can't do it. Only the great ones can which is why Kawhi imo needs to try to involve the team more, let things come naturally and be what we need which is a closer. or in Tim Grover's words a cleaner. May be it's just something as simple as him finding more of a feel for the game, and when to take his shots and when to be a decoy and get someone else a shot. He's very young just hope he figures it out before he really enters his prime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said touches not shots, as for Golden State. They have a motion offense/system. Yes they get shots a lot of the time off screens and cuts.
    And the players who get the shots are still Curry, KD and Klay.

People here talk about USG% and FGAs like they're things that should be distributed equally...

Bottom line is that the next step in Kawhi's evolution is making his teammates better. I think we can all agree Kawhi is not the most gifted passer and may be his biggest weakness. He looks for his shot a lot and while he is typically amazingly efficient it hurts everyone else
    At least, Im not the only one thinking that Kawhi has tried to involve people but our shooters are streaky af, with- without him on court.

"Although
    Kawhi Leonard recorded just three assists on the night, it’s clear that he is really focusing on becoming a better distributor and playmaker this year. Sometimes tonight, this actually worked to his disadvantage, as he appeared to give up wide open layups or shots at the rim in favor of kicking the ball back out. Still, it’s good to see him working on sharpening this aspect of his game and taking on a more LeBron-esque role in terms of wanting to set the tone for the offense"
    https://www.poundingtherock.com/2017...etroit-pistons

We would wonder who's gonna step up and make the big shot. I was young but the years the role players hit shots we won and the years we lost they didn't.
    In today NBA, which role player made a winning shot in the Finals? In last 3-4 seasons I only remember winning shots from Irving's in game 7 and KD in game 3.

And they're not exactly role players.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 01-02-2018 at 12:36 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So..for a few weeks we won't watch these things? I'm devastated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So lame!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I freaked out when I saw this. Horrible officiating. He's ahead of the game with drawing fouls...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The NBA is pathetic. If Kawhi can't get back healthy to the player he was last season in the playoffs, I think I'm done with the NBA.

I said when Tim was done, I would probably stop watching the NBA, but Kawhi turned himself into a top 3 player last season, so I wanted to continue watching because of him.

I really hope Kawhi isn't done and that he can get back to the form he was in during the playoffs and even go beyond that. I just hope his career isn't derailed by injuries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You know, I seriously quit watching football for pussy calls. Basketball is next!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I freaked out when I saw this. Horrible officiating. He's ahead of the game with drawing fouls...
    He's not ahead of the game, the refs are ing stupid!! A ing 7yr old kid could see dude hands straight up an wasn't fouling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What in the flying ?

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Gross as , wtf?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ladies and gentlemen your 2018 MVP front runner?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The league tried to take away Harden's ridiculous "continuation" fouls and instead screwed up all players' expectations. Now Harden is doing like this, hopefully the league at least looks at it in the offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the amount of energy he expands to get a whistle like that is just stupid.

Just play the damn game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not ahead of the game, the refs are ing stupid!! A ing 7yr old kid could see dude hands straight up an wasn't fouling.
    I didn't say that as a compliment but more of like, he's pathetic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the amount of energy he expands to get a whistle like that is just stupid.

Just play the damn game.
    That's exactly why he doesn't succeed in the playoffs. You don't get those calls in playoffs. When he doesn't have the assistance he gets frustrated and flames out. It's up to Paul to carry him when that happens which Paul hasn't shown he can do either. Might be special or a complete Hindenburg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That white guy for the Knicks got sent back to the 70s.

https://streamable.com/kigc0
    pretty nasty for a team to space out the floor like that ... having the 4 and 5 in opposite corners, making spin moves like that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's exactly why he doesn't succeed in the playoffs. You don't get those calls in playoffs. When he doesn't have the assistance he gets frustrated and flames out. It's up to Paul to carry him when that happens which Paul hasn't shown he can do either. Might be special or a complete Hindenburg.
    Can't wait for Jeff Van Gundy to scream "Oh, the humanity," during the West semi-finals.
    Last edited by BillMc; 01-02-2018 at 04:11 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait for Jeff Gundy to scream "Oh, the humanity," during the West semi-finals.
    as long as i don't have to hear Marc Jackson say, "momma there goes that man." lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the post.

I'm not saying LMA should get the MVP, but he can't even get honorable mention while putting the Spurs on his back basically for half a season? I think people just assume its Pop's magic. ..
    Last edited by BillMc; 01-02-2018 at 07:31 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the post.

I'm not saying LMA should get the MVP, but he can't even get honorable mention while putting the Spurs on his back basically for half a season? I think people just assume its Pop's magic. ..
    It's just another way for the media to casually disregard the Spurs. But we''re all used to it by now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thought this was interesting:

https://www.basketball-reference.com...01&idx=players

It's a comparison among Gay, Jeff Green and Michael Beasley this season. They're all very similar player, and while Rudy has been the best by a slight margin, the other two guys are on min deals. Gotta hope Rudy has the highest upside.

Thread Information