Page 55 of 278 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 6947
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Nice quotes from OL Elijah Rodriguez of Cypress Creek who Texas picked up late in 2014 (OrangeBloods):

"It was a very hard decision," Rodriguez said about changing his commitment from Colorado to Texas. "It took a lot of prayer and thought. I never expected UT to come through with an offer with the coaching change and everything. It was a huge blessing. A few of the major reasons were: I get to be closer to home; UT has been my dream school ever since I've been a little kid… whenever they called me I was ecstatic about it. Once I committed to Colorado, I didn't want to switch because when I tell someone I want to do something, I want to stick with that. I just felt like for my future UT would be the best option. From the academic standpoint, I want to be a mechanical engineer and hopefully get into the oil industry, so it would be great to have a degree from Texas. My family has gone to school here. My grandpa played football on the team way back when, and my brother is going to walk on the football team so I get to play with him. He's going to do probably center or guard."

"I've been working out hard and doing everything I'm making sure I finish off strong with my grades,"
    he said. "Sometimes you have to fight off "senioritis" a little bit. Thank God I've been doing a decent job at that. I'm so excited. I'm nervous too because I know it's going to be a lot of hard work, but I'm really excited to be a part of it. I've been hearing a lot of great things about what they're doing here with Coach Strong, and I'm so excited to be a part of that. Every time I'm working out I'm like, 'Should I do this extra rep? I'm going to UT next year I have to do the extra rep.' So, I keep that in my mind."

"I've gained about 10 pounds. I weigh 290 now. They said just gain as much weight as I can muscle-wise and stay fast and athletic. I'm going to do my job, very coachable, always want to be the best. I'm going to do whatever I can to be a leader."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Daylon Mack told Auburns 247 site that he's going to watch Texas intently this year. In particular he plans on watching DT Malcom Brown closely.

Scout also stated Mack may be wavering in his commitment and that Auburn in top group with Texas.
    I'd push that angle hard if I were Coach Rumph. Watch Malcom.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'd push that angle hard if I were Coach Rumph. Watch Malcom.
    No kidding. Doesn't really look like you could go wrong watching Tank either.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Pic of CB Keivon Ramsey from last weekend:

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Alabama came by to see Texas commit DE Charles Omenihu today, according to his Twitter.
    @Charles_94: Humbling experience ...
    @Charles_94: Still feel nervous and they left like 15 mins ago

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on DT/DE Sterling Johnson of Clayton, NC ( 24/7):

“I talked to Coach (Chris) Rumph last week. He’s a good guy and he is a funny person,” Johnson said. “We talked about how the workouts were coming and how the defense was doing. They kind of want me to be like Jackson Jeffcoat."

“(Texas) is definitely important to me,” he added. “So far my leader is Tennessee, but Texas, I’m definitely going to give them a hard look."

“First of all, everything is bigger in Texas and that includes football and how everyone there takes it a lot more serious,” Johnson said. “The coaching staff is really good. I feel like Coach Strong is going to lead them to at least nine if not ten wins this year, easily. I feel like their defense is going to be better back to where it was before they hit their decline.”

“I’m trying to get out to Clemson, Ohio State, Penn State, Ole Miss, Texas, Florida, Florida State and back down to Alabama,” he said. “I’m not quite sure when I’ll visit Texas, but it will be during the summer for sure."

“I’m looking for a couple more schools to offer me and I will take a couple more visits. Then I will make a decision around the fall sometime. I’m hoping Auburn, Georgia and Texas A&M come through with an offer.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from JUCO TE Andrew Davis of Iowa Western C.C. (24/7):

“I’m mainly interested in Illinois and Texas,” said Davis. “I’m especially interested in Texas though for sure. Their offensive style matches what I’m looking for, so I’m definitely interested.”

“I thinking I’m going to take an unofficial visit there (Texas) this summer sometime,” he said. “Probably sometime in June.”

“I’m just not sure right now when I want to make a decision or who I would pick,” Davis said.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DT Darrion Daniels of Dallas Bishop Dunne talks about where things stand with Texas (24/7):

“I expect some coaches will be coming by pretty soon, but usually when schools come by it's usually by surprise. I don’t know until that day that they are coming,” Daniels said. “I’m going to do the majority of my visits during the summer.”

“I haven’t received any calls yet, but I talked to Coach (Charlie) Strong, Coach (Bruce) Chambers and Coach (Chris) Rumph a few times,” Daniels said. “I think the last time was probably about two weeks ago."

“They just told me about how much they want me and how I’m a perfect fit for UT. They were just keeping it into my ear.”

“I have a pretty good relationship with Coach Rumph. He’s really cool,” Daniels said. “He seems like a very aggressive coach, but he also showed me how that if I come to UT that I don’t have to come to him for just academics or just for football, he said I could come to him for anything and any time I need him."

“That really did something for me,” he added. “I like when coaches want to deal with not just your football life with somebody, but also a personal life.”

“As of now, all of the schools have my attention right now,” he said. “It’s just the simple fact that the schools that I visited I am really impressed with.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LB Darrin Kirkland of Indianapolis, IN has decided to move his commitment date back to August.

He was originally scheduled to decide May 30th. Texas offered on Easter Sunday.

http://247sports.com/Player/Darrin-Kirkland-Jr-32396

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/273960...ights/69484390
    In a Michigan recruiting article on 24/7, the writer says he is lead to believe that it is the Texas offer that pushed back Kirklands decision date. He also thinks that it is possible that Texas becomes a real player in his recruitment alongside Michigan and Tennessee, who seems to be the leaders right now.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Reposting myself from Shaggy: I think we may reconnect with Cali QB Travis Waller. Hear me out.

First, he said the other day that Oregon — who is at 57% to land him on 247's Crystal Ball — has backed off lately (possibly because of Kyler Murray).

Second, he said this to 247 back in mid-March:

“Growing up, I was a big Texas fan so I was always watching their games a lot. I like their style of play for sure. They utilize the quarterback a lot and I definitely believe I can help them win games. Right now my coach is trying to reach out to them so hopefully he’ll get back to me."
    Finally, and most important, Shawn Watson followed him on Twitter today.

http://247sports.com/Player/Travis-Waller-35666
    http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1328146/highlights/88524377

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A few quote and notes from QB Kai Locksley of Gilman (MD.), per 24/7.

Locksley said that Texas was one of the 5-6 schools that made him feel like he was the biggest priority.

"Texas, I love Coach (Charlie) Strong," Locksley said. "I've known him since he worked with my father at Florida. I know what type of guy he is. He's a player's coach, and he gets the job done, and he's a real hardworking coach."

"Hopefully after the Texas and Baylor swing I'll be able to see the schools I can really see myself playing for, and recycle through that top six or five and narrow it down to three and make a choice."

Locksley also told 24/7, that he would like to make his decision before his senior season begins.

hamiltonESPN: If a fan of #Baylor #Oklahoma #Texas #gigem #Michigan #Oregon #UCLA #Stanford #Notre Dame...you are in it for #ESPN300 No. 70 (RB) Soso Jamabo

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Sounds pretty average to me.

Highlights of Texas' 2015 OL commit Patrick Vahe of Euless Trinity.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmKxQ...e_gdata_player

Love the intensity and the idea of what he can become under Wickline.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    According to his Twitter, Texas will be by North Forney today to see TE Hunter Herndon.

He is committed to Rice as a QB, but he was in Austin for the spring game.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1760758/highlights/91724377

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LSU has offered 2016 S Deontay Anderson of Manvel.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 talks about Texas' chances with newly available RB Rodney Anderson of Katy:

“He’ll still be looking at Texas A&M, but I wouldn’t be so sure he goes back there,” the source said. “I know Alabama, Texas, LSU, Oklahoma and maybe one or two more are schools that can definitely be in it if they choose to be.”

“That will be key for Texas,” the source said. “They’ll need to spend some time with him and then go from there. They definitely could have a good shot though if they press him.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per 24/7, Coach Vaughn will be in Newton today to see CB Roney Elam work out.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A few quotes from DT Daylon Mack of Gladewater, per Scout.

"I'm still committed to them (A&M). I am looking at a couple of things right now though," Mack said.

"Just (looking through) some things in the process and some schools," he said. "I can't tell you all the schools but Texas is one of them."

Any new updates on Kam Martin?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A few quotes from DT Daylon Mack of Gladewater, per Scout.

"I'm still committed to them (A&M). I am looking at a couple of things right now though," Mack said.

"Just (looking through) some things in the process and some schools," he said. "I can't tell you all the schools but Texas is one of them."

bloeddyr-

Do you have a sub over there? If so, what you do think so far?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Any new updates on Kam Martin?
    24/7 saying Coach Vaughn will be at Port Arthur Memorial today.

My feeling is the Texas staff may like a few 2016 RBs more than Martin right now.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on traveling coaches from 24/7....

-Coach Jean-Mary was in Aledo to see WR Ryan Newsome.

-Coach Rumph will be in Rockwall to see RB/ATH Chris Warren III.

-Unknown staff stopped by Burton to see ATH Louis Brown.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    http://hornsillustrated.com/clevelan...y-vince-young/

vince young trying out again...this time for browns

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    bloeddyr-

Do you have a sub over there? If so, what you do think so far?
    No. I saw a free article earlier today. I did see an "offer" from Scout a few days ago, about paying for one month ($5) and get two more months for free. I don't know if the offer is still out there, but you could give it a try.

I'm considering taken the offer. From my understanding, ever since Wilkerson got hired, their quality has risen. My only "problem" is that it doesn't seem like they have in-depth articles. All the articles seems short. Also, I don't know what they have to offer outside of the recruiting updates. That's one of the reasons why I like 24/7 with all their "Daily 5" and "2-4-7" articles. Great reads.

Thread Information