Page 55 of 94 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2350
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like that Jaylin Williams got a First Team vote. Probably someone got him confused with his teammate. Lol.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good clarification. Still a weird vote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/NBAPR/status/1655633839551643649

https://twitter.com/NBAPR/status/1655634010444292117

https://twitter.com/NBAPR/status/1655634427047813120

Uh... got 9/10 right, and the one I missed was Nembhard in whose place Tari Eason was named. In my defense, Tari Eason came up 10th in voting, and Nembhard 11th by just 1 point, so I didn't do too bad

Well, Ivey came 6th in total voting, so he did end up making 2nd team and almost 1st.
    I expected Eason over Ivey. But both got in! And thankfully Sochan made it too. No controversial misses/ selections by the NBA. They got it right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good clarification. Still a weird vote.
    Just some OKC fanboi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thunderup got his media credentials

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy b day jeremy ! Sprinkles is on the rise

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duren would have been the better pick.

Duren is a better low post player, rebounder and defensive shot blocker and finisher around the basket which would work well with Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do have some concerns about Sochan's fit around Wemby on the court. Also how he reacts to all the media and cultural attention Wemby will get.

The latter is a concern for anybody. I could see a Dejounte Murray getting annoyed with Wembanyama becoming the instant star and face of the franchise. My feeling is Jeremy is a great teammate and won't give a .

On the court, I do think Pop/staff need to figure out where to get players their best spots. It's getting clear that Sochan is incredibly effective driving. He's too fast for guys his size, too big for smaller guys. He's already a matchup problem. Fortunately, it seems like Wembanyama can often be put on the perimeter to give Sochan these drives. It's not just an issue for Sochan -- Keldon is a good driver, Wesley is a slasher. Pop loves to have players put pressure on the rim; it distorts the defense even when it doesn't result in an immediate shot. So the question is how to move Victor around to get these attacks activated, while giving the slashers the ability to just lob it to him when needed. With Sochan as much as anybody you don't want them to cannibalize each other. A good problem to work out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duren is a better low post player, rebounder and defensive shot blocker and finisher around the basket
    That is, he duplicates Victor's role, and does not complement it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do have some concerns about Sochan's fit around Wemby on the court. Also how he reacts to all the media and cultural attention Wemby will get.

The latter is a concern for anybody. I could see a Dejounte Murray getting annoyed with Wembanyama becoming the instant star and face of the franchise. My feeling is Jeremy is a great teammate and won't give a .

On the court, I do think Pop/staff need to figure out where to get players their best spots. It's getting clear that Sochan is incredibly effective driving. He's too fast for guys his size, too big for smaller guys. He's already a matchup problem. Fortunately, it seems like Wembanyama can often be put on the perimeter to give Sochan these drives. It's not just an issue for Sochan -- Keldon is a good driver, Wesley is a slasher. Pop loves to have players put pressure on the rim; it distorts the defense even when it doesn't result in an immediate shot. So the question is how to move Victor around to get these attacks activated, while giving the slashers the ability to just lob it to him when needed. With Sochan as much as anybody you don't want them to cannibalize each other. A good problem to work out.
    Wemby himself is a slasher/driver.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Sochan is vastly underrated. We‘ve seen him shoot of the dribble fadeaways from midrange. If his shot ever comes along he can be way more than just a starter on a contender

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Sochan is vastly underrated. We‘ve seen him shoot of the dribble fadeaways from midrange. If his shot ever comes along he can be way more than just a starter on a contender
    I agree, he reminds me of Kawhi a little bit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I both think his shooting is going to be perfectly fine in time and that he's going to be a massive problem for defenses -- and his defense will start popping once we have a system around Wemby in place. He has All-Star upside. I just hope he doesn't think Wemby is stunting him but don't think he will.

He's already too fast for many bigs and too big for guys his speed. Other teams will have to have a long, fluid big on Wembanyama, and who has that player? They'll have to double Wembanyama a lot and this will leave Sochan so much floor to crash into on the move, plus he has the vision to see shooters, can score, or even hit Wembanyama back. That's going to be really, really hard to guard.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I both think his shooting is going to be perfectly fine in time and that he's going to be a massive problem for defenses -- and his defense will start popping once we have a system around Wemby in place. He has All-Star upside. I just hope he doesn't think Wemby is stunting him but don't think he will.

He's already too fast for many bigs and too big for guys his speed. Other teams will have to have a long, fluid big on Wembanyama, and who has that player? They'll have to double Wembanyama a lot and this will leave Sochan so much floor to crash into on the move, plus he has the vision to see shooters, can score, or even hit Wembanyama back. That's going to be really, really hard to guard.
    everybody is going to benefit from Wenby, I wouldn't be surprise if Keldon and Vassel improve their assists and 3 point shooting thanks to him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duren would have been the better pick.

Duren is a better low post player, rebounder and defensive shot blocker and finisher around the basket which would work well with Wemby.

Sochan is a perfect fit for Wemby. Someone that can easily swap inside/outside with Wemby at both ends, unlike Duren who is a center through and through. In the long run Wemby will always end up being a center, no true center will ever be a great fit alongside him.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is a perfect fit for Wemby. Someone that can easily swap inside/outside with Wemby at both ends, unlike Duren who is a center through and through. In the long run Wemby will always end up being a center, no true center will ever be a great fit alongside him.
    If Robinson and Duncan(both low post players) can play together so can Duren abd Wemby who has a better game away from the basket than either Robinson and Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Robinson and Duncan(both low post players) can play together so can Duren abd Wemby who has a better game away from the basket than either Robinson and Duncan.
    Robinson was not a low post player. He was a cutter/slasher/face up shooter.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robinson was not a low post player. He was a cutter/slasher/face up shooter.
    He wasn't shooting the ball like Wemby will.

Robinson was scoring in the post and also cutting to the basket on short drives, face up jumper from inside 10 feet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also why Zollins is perfect for Wembanyama for different reasons. I fight with some other user over whether Collins can play PF and here's where he does. (Sort of: labels here are fluid.) Collins can hit from deep - if more from the top of the key than elsewhere. Defenses will need to figure out whether to stay at home with Wembanyama and this will leave Collins open. Alternatively, we'll see Wembanyama drag his defender out for Collins to post or Sochan to drive.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Different times, where what was required in a PF wasn't the same and two of the greatest players of all time, who for the first 3-4 seasons as teammates, were close enough to their prime (albeit on opposite ends of the spectrum), which led to talent trumping fit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan needs to become stronger so he can play the draymond role and allow wemby to roam on the weakside. He already has draymonds ability to switch and guard perimeter players. If he’s able to hold his own against centers then we’ve really got something

offensively he’s only going to get better as a playmaker but obviously continuing to develop his shooting is going to go a long way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We aren't in the 90's though.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We aren't in the 90's though.
    It doesn't matter. I knew that lame excuse will be brought up.

Thread Information