Page 56 of 119 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2968
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What were you expecting from a KKK Grand Dragon?
    Telling that to a reporter?

Its pretty ed up.

We going to the ter quick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but to a degree, he's right. I know everyone wants him to focus exclusively on the #$%$, alt-Right, White Nationalists and the like but the truth of the matter is that the far bigger issue is that increasingly, people in this country (including the groups just mentioned) think that they have a right to use violence in support of their position whether by intimidating people of different views, ripping down statues or preventing people from speaking by use of or threat of violence. this needs to stop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but to a degree, he's right. I know everyone wants him to focus exclusively on the #$%$, alt-Right, White Nationalists and the like but the truth of the matter is that the far bigger issue is that increasingly, people in this country (including the groups just mentioned) think that they have a right to use violence in support of their position whether by intimidating people of different views, ripping down statues or preventing people from speaking by use of or threat of violence. this needs to stop.
    thanks for the info

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    amazing that the BLM can burn down a city (Ferguson) and they get support from the idiot liberal media.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't matter how,why or what the PRESIDENT says ,the liberal media will spin it to suit their agenda. I'm glad he stood up to them and blamed the side ..BOTH SIDES.. for what happened this past weekend. The mother of the woman killed even THANKED the PRESIDENT for his remarks. STOP THE HATE, LIBS-DIMS-your side is the one perpetuating the anger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And as many as 4,000 Cherokees died on the "Trail of Tears" in 1838. More than 45,000 American Indians were relocated to the West during Jackson's administration, Obviously, "eliminating Confederate memorials would open the door to the removal of other historical monuments such as those honoring George Washington and Thomas Jefferson."! But I do not agree with the current trend of re-writing history. History should be learned from not hidden. How many famous people are going to disappear because they owned slave

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And as many as 4,000 Cherokees died on the "Trail of Tears" in 1838. More than 45,000 American Indians were relocated to the West during Jackson's administration, Obviously, "eliminating Confederate memorials would open the door to the removal of other historical monuments such as those honoring George Washington and Thomas Jefferson."! But I do not agree with the current trend of re-writing history. History should be learned from not hidden. How many famous people are going to disappear because they owned slave
    thanks for the info

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't matter how,why or what the PRESIDENT says ,the liberal media will spin it to suit their agenda. I'm glad he stood up to them and blamed the side ..BOTH SIDES.. for what happened this past weekend. The mother of the woman killed even THANKED the PRESIDENT for his remarks. STOP THE HATE, LIBS-DIMS-your side is the one perpetuating the anger.
    The media tried what -10 farking times today- to put words into Donny mouth?
    Media Dork: "So are you saying ____ ____ ___?"

Loved it when Don simply repeated word for word what he had already said.
    Also loved it when Don put his hand up and said "Excuse me" and continued on with his answer when media tried to disorderly shout out questions to him during his answers.

Fake Media = evil little s constantly trying to stir up .

I'm not even a Don supporter and simply a great session today.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The media tried what -10 farking times today- to put words into Donny mouth?
    Media Dork: "So are you saying ____ ____ ___?"

Loved it when Don simply repeated word for word what he had already said.
    Also loved it when Don put his hand up and said "Excuse me" and continued on with his answer when media tried to disorderly shout out questions to him during his answers.
    Yep, he never faltered. It was incredible. It was his finest hour.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The woman who participated in the dismantling of a confederate statue in Durham, North Carolina has been slapped with multiple felonies.

According to the (Link: nypost.com) , the Durham Sheriff's Office has confirmed Takiya Thompson has been charged with "disorderly conduct by injury to a statue, damage to real property, participation in a riot with property damage in excess of $1,500 — and inciting others to riot where there is property damage in excess of $1,500." These felonies are considered class H and F felonies, which carries up to 25 months and 41 months in the slammer.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyway hope everyone enjoyed the worst day in US Presidential History.

What a time to be alive!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Anyway hope everyone enjoyed the worst day in US Presidential History.

What a time to be alive!
    Aside from Election Day it was the best day since.

He soldieredPERIOD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who switched parties from Democrat to Republican because he hated the Civil Rights Act?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy . People are still trying to invoke "historical value" as an excuse to keep these so-called monuments up?

Let's unpack this.

Most of the these monuments were erected some 50-60 years after the end of the civil war mainly as a petty defiant gesture to them "damn Yankees."

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...uments/479751/

Furthermore, they are basically confederate propaganda that aims to paint the Confederacy in a positive and heroic light ("Honoring those boys in gray"). Maybe they're heroic to redneck southerners who are still immensely pissed off about "losing the war of Northern aggression" 150 years ago, but to the majority of Americans, even in the South, those men were enemies of the United States of America. I agree we should keep the statues up if they're accurately labelled for what they are: misleading Southern propaganda. But that's not why people want them kept up. They want them kept because they're "proud" of their ancestors being traitors and standing up to, again, "them damn Yankees," Therefore, they have ZERO historical value.

And there's no equivalency to draw with Washington, Jefferson, etc. They were men of fault, sure, but their redeeming value is, I don't know, founding the in' United States.

And most of these statues are barely old enough to even quality as antiques. They're worthless to everyone expect salty rednecks who like drunkedly shouting, "The south will rise again," as they their sister.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is like Timberwolves fans taking credit for Lakers Championships after 1965

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Holy . People are still trying to invoke "historical value" as an excuse to keep these so-called monuments up?

Let's unpack this.

Most of the these monuments were erected some 50-60 years after the end of the civil war mainly as a petty defiant gesture to them "damn Yankees."

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...uments/479751/

Furthermore, they are basically confederate propaganda that aims to paint the Confederacy in a positive and heroic light ("Honoring those boys in gray"). Maybe they're heroic to redneck southerners who are still immensely pissed off about "losing the war of Northern aggression" a 150 years ago, but to the majority of Americans, even in the South, those men were enemies of the United States of America. I agree we should keep the statues up if they're accurately labelled for what they are: misleading Southern propaganda. But that's not why people want them kept up. They want them kept because they're "proud" of their ancestors being traitors and standing up to, again, "them damn Yankees," Therefore, they have ZERO historical value.

And there's no equivalency to draw with Washington, Jefferson, etc. They were men of fault, sure, but their redeeming value is, I don't know, founding the in' United States.

And most of these statues are barely old enough to even quality as antiques. They're worthless to everyone expect salty rednecks who like drunkedly shouting, "The south will rise again," as they their sister.

They've been walking, driving and passing these monuments by their entire lives, but, now, NOW, NOW they're intractable on the issue.

Fine, but, everybody goes that ever been a bad person in any way, shape, matter, or, form. And I mean I want a full vetting of every piece of marble, etc formed into a monument in this country. Washington Monument needs to come down. The Jefferson Memorial needs to be leveled. Both of these men enslaved human beings.

Chop/chop!!!

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They've been walking, driving and passing these monuments by their entire lives, but, now, NOW, NOW they're intractable on the issue.

Fine, but, everybody goes that ever been a bad person in any way, shape, matter, or, form. And I mean I want a full vetting of every piece of marble, etc formed into a monument in this country. Washington Monument needs to come down. The Jefferson Memorial needs to be leveled. Both of these men enslaved human beings.

Chop/chop!!!
    What about that statue of Magic out front of Staples?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What about that statue of Magic out front of Staples?
    He didn't mean to get AIDs and us out of another 5 NBA les.

The statue for Kobe can be decommissioned though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DOH!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Chop/chop!!!
    I CAN´T SLEEP THINKING ABOUT THAT WASHINGTON MOTHER ER WHIPPING BLACKIES! THEY HAD FEELINGS! PLANS TO LIVE A GOOD LIFE!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I CAN´T SLEEP THINKING ABOUT THAT WASHINGTON MOTHER ER WHIPPING BLACKIES! THEY HAD FEELINGS! PLANS TO LIVE A GOOD LIFE!
    The kicker? I can't get my wife to spank me. "No, Dale, that wouldn't be right. No. Now, go set the table for dinner."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The kicker? I can't get my wife to spank me. "No, Dale, that wouldn't be right. No. Now, go set the table for dinner."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MikeNaro is a massive re . Prior to the 60's, Republicans were often called "progressives," and were the party that broke up monopolies, ushered in environmentalism and conservationism, and warned about things like the Military Industrial Complex. Furthermore, the "democrats" who enacted Jim Crow are very different from post-Civil Rights-era democrats. What MikeNaro's re ed picture also fails to mention is that it was Harry S. Truman (D) who desegregated the Armed Forces and it was Lyndon Johnson who signed the Civil Rights act.

Now I think the modern Democratic party is stuck on stupid, choosing to focus more on iden y politics than anything else, but equating Dixiecrats with today's liberals and mid-century progressive Republicans to today's GOP is re ation of the highest order.

Thread Information