Page 57 of 376 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 9382
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree he would be a big upgrade if healthy. Numbers from Locked On Jazz:

92nd percentile pick and roll production in the league.

EFG% when players went under on screens: 91%, #1 in NBA.

He'd space the floor for Kawhi, be able to cover twos. Not a perfect player, but an upgrade for sure.
    I can't remember the percentage on corner 3's but I think it's pretty high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we can't get CP3, Georgie is my next pick. Has improved offensively, is accustomed to being a leader from IND and UTA, and obviously still carries his defensive calling card. Would improve what was already one of the best defensive starting lineups in the league. Plus he gets to come back to his basketball home where he was previously loved.

Hill/Green/Kawhi would be the scariest defensive backcourt in the league...although don't know if we'd be able to retain Danny and fetch Hill.

Do not not NOT want Lowry. Low efficiency, high volume player which would just take shots out of Kawhi's hands.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    The Spurs were like the Rockets once, when they kicked out a 6'10" do-it-all guy in Hedo for failing to hit his 3s in the playoffs. Perhaps they've regretted that decision. So they gave chance after chance to a 6'10" do nothing at all guy in Bonner despite failing to hit his 3s playoffs after playoffs.
    The Spurs gifted that a 10 year $27.1M career for being a career garbage time player. To add fuel to the fire, the Spurs had a chance to amnesty him and use the money to improve the team and they chose to keep him and re-up him in free agency instead.

They had a better season last year with Hardin at PG, and a much worse season with him as a shooting guard. He's a ball dominant player. So is Paul. I don't see the marriage working out.
    The Rockets were a dysfunctional hot mess with Ty Lawson running the point and was in the process of bringing down the whole team when Houston made the switch to put Harden back at the point and benching that hot mess of a player before eventually trading him to Indiana. If I may play devils advocate for a moment, Kawhi is a ball dominant player too. What makes you think he'll be a good fit next to Leonard? They already have two ball dominant players (LMA, Leonard) in the starting lineup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So looks like Pop may be getting back his long lost son, George.
    Notwithstanding all the CP3 chatter, I think that was kind of the plan all along. And I am okay with that. I would be okay with Patrick Beverley on his contract, too, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs gifted that a 10 year $27.1M career for being a career garbage time player. To add fuel to the fire, the Spurs had a chance to amnesty him and use the money to improve the team and they chose to keep him and re-up him in free agency instead.

Pop has created the ball-dominant Kawhi we have had the last couple of seasons. He is also extremely effective off the ball. That's what he did before Pop reverted to 90's ball.

The Rockets were a dysfunctional hot mess with Ty Lawson running the point and was in the process of bringing down the whole team when Houston made the switch to put Harden back at the point and benching that hot mess of a player before eventually trading him to Indiana. If I may play devils advocate for a moment, Kawhi is a ball dominant player too. What makes you think he'll be a good fit next to Leonard? They already have two ball dominant players (LMA, Leonard) in the starting lineup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would take Rubio *ducks*

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well I do think Paul would be a slight upgrade over Lawson (that's a joke). But Hardin's whole career, he's been ball dominant. He came off the bench in OKC because he and Russ couldn't share. Kawhi has evolved into a ball dominant player as we have no one that can effectively manufacture a shot in the last 5 seconds of the shot clock. That said, the first few years, Kawhi played off the ball and was just as efficient. Whether Kawhi initiates the offense or Parker does, Kawhi can still average 20 points a game off the ball. Maybe Harden can too, but every play in Houston was him breaking down a guy off the dribble and either shooting a layup or passing to a three point shooter. And in his selfish way, I think that's how he wants to keep things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs signs George Hill and Adam Hanga this off-season, I hope Pop starts the game with this lineup against Pacers:

PG - George Hill
    SG - Adam Hanga
    SF - Kawhi Leonard
    PF - Davis Bertans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ducks love white players..Any white player would do for ducks.

Ducks would trade kawhi for Jimmer

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2016-2017
    Win Share

10.6 Chris Paul
    10.1 Kyle Lowry
    6.1 Ricky Rubio
    5.9 George Hill
    5.3 Patrick Beverly
    5.1 Patty Mills
    3.0 Tony Parker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they draft pretty well

Capella, Harrell, and Decker all seem like solid picks
    You think so?

Capella is a good defender but nothing special. Offense he doesn't have much to his game.

Harrell has some intriguing skill set, but I don't think he is a great fit in Houston.

Decker is okay. He doesn't do anything special from what I have seen.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree he would be a big upgrade if healthy. Numbers from Locked On Jazz:

92nd percentile pick and roll production in the league.

EFG% when players went under on screens: 91%, #1 in NBA.

He'd space the floor for Kawhi, be able to cover twos. Not a perfect player, but an upgrade for sure.
    That and the Spurs' defense at PG would go from a glaring weakness to a strength. But I would be worried about Hill's playmaking abilities, he can make the basic passes but you need to be better than that against the Warriors.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill, Green, Kawhi, LMA, Dedmon
    Murray, Hanga, Anderson, Bertans, Lee

Not a perfect rotation (someone out of the three perimeter bench guys needs to be a top shooter), but probably the best D in the league. Gets worst if you sub Pau for Dedmon, though, even if Gasol remains a bench player.
    Where does Parker fit into this? Stretched to make room for Hill?

If Hill gets around $22M in season one, stretching Parker should leave the Spurs with about $10M in cap space. Does your scenario use it all on Dedmon?

I think Manu fits better with that bench than Hanga, not enough scoring threats the way yours stands. It also depends on who the 11th-15th men are.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yawn. Yesterday was exciting. Today, nothing to see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would take Rubio *ducks*
    I would too *ducks behind you and hopes the bullets aren't aimed at me*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    green on the block

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs open on trading danny

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm shocked. SHOCKED I tell you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty obvious move, since they would never part ways with Parker, unfortunately..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    coachmac may end up right this whole time...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should get a lot of suitors, at 10 million his contract is solid

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Pretty obvious move, since they would never part ways with Parker, unfortunately..
    tell that to tmtcsc tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs open to trading DG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the move we need for a CP3 or Georgie.

Obviously it makes more sense to move Parker, but I don't think they could ever do it, especially since he went down playing his heart out in the playoffs. Spurs will remain loyal to the Big 3.

Thread Information