My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Ian Darke
    ‏@IanDarkeESPN
    Showered with beer by angry Mexican fans as USA win at Azteca for first time. I think it was beer anyway.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count

Truck yeah!

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    So far in 2012: Historic first ever wins at Italy and at Mexico.

Jurgen!

I may be setting the bar low, but Ill be happy with another wc qualification.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    So no one wants to buy Dempsey, so he's refusing to play for Fulham and just got fined. Lose-lose situation here.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    messy situation. Hope he lands somewhere where he can play for trophies

They already said they aren't going to trade Dempsey unless it's for great value,so I don't expect him to going to a Champions League team like he wants.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    It's a real shame because Clint did this same bull when he wanted out of New England. As a US fan I like Clint and want him to continue progressing to bigger clubs, but sometimes he can be a selfish .

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    So who's going to accept Dempsey now? He should have just signed up for Arsenal if he really felt ty with Fulham.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    It's a real shame because Clint did this same bull when he wanted out of New England. As a US fan I like Clint and want him to continue progressing to bigger clubs, but sometimes he can be a selfish .
    Oh, you mean like trying to get the most money and the best situation for himself and his family? Fulham is looking out for their best interests, so I don't see why Clint shouldn't do the same. And it's not as if Clint is the only player in recent memory to GTFO of Fulham as soon as they could.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I don't really think he's being selfish because I think Fullham is lying out their asses here. Liverpool admitted they wanted to bring him in and they HAD to have made an offer if Clint was saying it was a done deal. Fullham likely want too much but if Clint is willing to sit out then what leverage do they have?

As for what Clint did with NE, NE. MLS is pretty ing harsh on its players when they want to leave. Look at how Cameron's transfer nearly broke down. Soccer isn't like the NBA businesswise, IMO. I think players have a serious need to fight for themselves because no union is going to.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Tweets All / No replies
    17 Aug Clint Dempsey ‏@clint_dempsey
    The truth will come out soon.
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    17 Aug Clint Dempsey ‏@clint_dempsey
    There are two sides to the story.
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

Believe.
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    If Clint wasn't selfish when he tried getting out of NE he wouldn't be the player he is now. We can't want him to continue to progress to bigger clubs and be upset at him being selfish at the same time.

Jol went from calling the whole thing an embarrassment and saying it would likely be impossible for Dempsey to play for Fulham a few days ago to back peddling and getting upset at the supporters for calling Dempsey out during the game on Saturday. He even said Dempsey would be welcome back and hopefully play for Fulham again.

It's very odd that Dempsey and his people have had virtually no public comment (except for his tweets) concerning this matter.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Jol is ing full of . Look, I've never been a Fullham fan and always been a Dempsey fan but they just seem to be hanging him out to dry and Jol is now back pedaling like crazy.

Liverpool has come out and said they were interested so why am I supposed to think there wasn't an offer? It doesn't make sense.

Jozy 4 goals in two games...for me it is hard to remember this chap is only 22.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    So Fulham should just sell Dempsey for peanuts? Bull . Yes, Dempsey has the right to want a better situation, but refusing to play does nothing but lower his value and piss Fulham off even more. It's not Fulham's fault that no Champions League club wants Clint and Liverpool doesn't want to pony up any cash.

lol Clint forced to train with the Youth Squad

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Can't blame high profile clubs from not wanting him either. As Clint has gotten better, he's become a more selfish player. That works when you play for Fulham, but he wouldn't be a top player on a top-flight club, and none of them want to see selfish play from one of their role players.

Meanwhile, Michael Bradley put on his big boy pants a few years ago, realized he needed to be more of a team player, and now plays on a squad that may actually have a chance to compete for a Champs League spot.

Amazing how that works.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_b...er-united.html

The Clint Dempsey saga at Fulham continues.

The U.S. national team star will not play for the Cottagers in their upcoming showdown with Manchester United, having been left out of the squad for Saturday's showdown.

The transfer rumor mill has gone very quiet on Dempsey, with a long-rumored move to Liverpool looking less and less like a possibility by the day. In fact, Fulham has lodged a formal complaint against Liverpool for unsettling their leading scorer by publicly acknowledging interest in Dempsey without ever making a formal bid.

Fulham manager Martin Jol has spoken about wanting Dempsey to stay at Fulham, and has extended an olive branch in that regard, but with Dempsey clearly wanting to leave the club it looks as though the situation remains unresolved as we stand just a week before the close of the summer transfer window.

What do you think of this development? Starting to think Dempsey will stay at Fulham? Still holding out hope that a big club makes a bid for him? Where would you like to see him wind up?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    So Fulham should just sell Dempsey for peanuts? Bull . Yes, Dempsey has the right to want a better situation, but refusing to play does nothing but lower his value and piss Fulham off even more. It's not Fulham's fault that no Champions League club wants Clint and Liverpool doesn't want to pony up any cash.

lol Clint forced to train with the Youth Squad
    I don't believe he's refusing to play. Liverpool has come out and stated they wanted Clint and then Fullham got pissed off they pretty much ed up their lie.

Eventually its going to come out so I'll wait and see how it plays out but its in Fullham's best interests to move him.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    I'd just like to see him play.

Although I haven't followed this closely, it always rankles with me when millionaire athletes do this

Clint may be in the right, or maybe not...What's wrong with kicking some ass with Fulham and setting yourself up for the next transfer window?

Now he's mos def sullied his rep in the eyes of other clubs...imo

Thread Information