Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So even before all this bull shenanigans with his camp started last offseason, Sors were seriously not willing to offer the Supermax?? If true, I don’t agree with that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, the prevailing ST theory crurrently is that Spurs and KL have already had their meeting. That KL knows no Supermax is coming, and the game is over?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the spurs even in the offseason were unwilling to give Kawhi the supermax?? When he was allegedly healthy? That’s dumb... why??
    Maybe ownership balked? Or maybe the Spurs hoped to convince him to take a regular max, so the team had more flexibility?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, the prevailing ST theory crurrently is that Spurs and KL have already had their meeting. That KL knows no Supermax is coming, and the game is over?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7.5 * 5 = 37.5 or not even close to the difference. Not to mention that I'm not sure he can go to another franchise that is a big market and still not have to pay state income tax.
    Great point! Kawhi makes the most money if he were to stay with the Spurs. From the NBA.

However, say if he were to go to PHI (and win a championship there). He might get a 300milion deal from Nike, or at least that's what Kawhi might believe right now and/or told by his uncle or who-ever. And by the way, it was so convenient that it was a Sixers doctor that did not clear Kawhi to play.

Also, remember Stephen Jackson saying Kawhi wants to be like KD, Lebron "One of those guys"?

He [Kevin Durant] inked a 10-year extension with the sportswear giant in 2014 worth as much as $300 million, including royalties
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2017/06/09/the-nbas-biggest-shoe-deals/#525c5ed71520

On a side note, fellow math greek here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhitter is a cancer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly I wish this were over already. I'm at the point where I don't care where Kawhi ends up. If he is healthy and doesn't have some chronic issue great. If he's traded for a very good package of players and pick great. Just do it already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly I wish this were over already. I'm at the point where I don't care where Kawhi ends up. If he is healthy and doesn't have some chronic issue great. If he's traded for a very good package of players and pick great. Just do it already.
    same here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They won’t do anything until at least the draft lottery happens. No one even knows the pick order yet. Boston coul end up with #2 or #3 overall if things break right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you people are babies

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What movie's this from?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What movie's this from?
    Dazed and confused?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dazed and confused?
    this

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They won’t do anything until at least the draft lottery happens. No one even knows the pick order yet. Boston coul end up with #2 or #3 overall if things break right.
    Was thinking the same, they’ll probably ship him off to a team with the top pick

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dazed and confused?
    I thought it was, but I haven't watched it in years. I'll have to watch it again. The way this season has gone, it might be time to fire up a blunt (I don't normally smoke at all) and watch something like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was thinking the same, they’ll probably ship him off to a team with the top pick
    Nah. Phoenix is a dumpster fire. They KNOW that Kawhi will bolt, and therefor won’t trade the pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also despite small market Spurs have very marketable colors and jerseys. A LeBron and Kawhi dynamic duo they could brand that perfectly with silver and black everything. Warriors, Bulls, Thunder and Spurs have the most marketable jerseys in league imo.
    Thunder? Worst duds in pro sports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by Uriel; 05-11-2018 at 09:07 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense until at least closer to free agency time. I don't see how any team especially the Sixers & Celtics (most likely trade targets) would even throw a package or talk about it with the Spurs yet. Right now they're probably getting silly offers from NY, Orlando, Milwaukee, etc...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense until at least closer to free agency time. I don't see how any team especially the Sixers & Celtics (most likely trade targets) would even throw a package or talk about it with the Spurs yet. Right now they're probably getting silly offers from NY, Orlando, Milwaukee, etc...
    My friend; teams are definitley making offers and feeling SA out. Probably every damn team except GS.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So let me know if I got this right...

1. Spurs doctors are saying that Kawhi has a degenerative injury that will get worse over time, but he is healthy enough to play.
    2. Kawhi's doctor is saying that it is not degenerative and that Kawhi should rest it and it will completely recover.

Is that right? If so, it explains why the Spurs won't give Kawhi the max. It also explains why Kawhi has hard feelings about the Spurs and why he doesn't trust their doctors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My friend; teams are definitley making offers and feeling SA out. Probably every damn team except GS.
    Maybe your right my only point was that Boston in the middle of their playoff run probably hasn't had the time to assess it yet since they are still in the playoffs. Secondly, Philly would want to see about Lebron before Kawhi. Imo these two teams are the only ones that make sense besides any kind of multi-team trade Getting clarification on this soon would be nice though.

Thread Information