Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, this is very disappointing news for the Spurs. OKC is 4-12 right now. Assuming they need to reach 50 wins to make the playoffs, they only have to go 46-20 the rest of the way, which is very, very doable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC isn't known for their patience with injury recovery? Recall, this is the same team that chose to repair Westbrook's meniscus in 2013 (in effect ending their playoff run), rather than merely removing it and getting him back on the court ASAP. They operate with the big picture in mind.
    Then they rushed him back, negating the repair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is good for the NBA

butthurt spurs fans

I rather have OKC healthy and on top of the West

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, this is very disappointing news for the Spurs. OKC is 4-12 right now. Assuming they need to reach 50 wins to make the playoffs, they only have to go 46-20 the rest of the way, which is very, very doable.
    Yeah I think OKC is making the playoffs this year tbh...unless KD's injury has lasting effects even once he comes back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This whole brace business sounds like he's getting rushed back...
    yep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only? That's a 70% winning record. Last year, with KD playing at an MVP level, their winning percentage was 72%. It's getting really close, that's why this looks like a feeler to try to figure out if there's any chance of getting there or to just shut it down for the season, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only? That's a 70% winning record. Last year, with KD playing at an MVP level, their winning percentage was 72%. It's getting really close, that's why this looks like a feeler to try to figure out if there's any chance of getting there or to just shut it down for the season, IMO.
    More like 69%, which translates to a 57-win season on an 82-game schedule. Not easy, but hardly impossible with the amount of talent on this OKC team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More like 69%, which translates to a 57-win season on an 82-game schedule. Not easy, but hardly impossible with the amount of talent on this OKC team.
    I didn't call it impossible, but like I said, it's getting to that point where the ballclub needs to figure out what the best course of action is. I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to shut down WB and KD if they can't manage to at least win 4 or 5 of their next 10 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russell Westbrook can't lead this team to the playoffs without Durant. Whatever OKC gained in team chemistry without their Big 2 will go out the window. I expect Westbirck to dominate the ball and throw up trashier shots than before. I would love to see them make it though, they make things interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The concern with Westbrook is similar to the concern Spurs' fans have had with Manu over the years when he returns from injury, tbh..

Obviously there's a significant disparity in their durability, as Manu is a little fragile and Russ is a juiced-up monster, but just like Manu, Westbrook's style of play makes you worry, as a fan..he only understands how to play at 1 pace/speed, which is 100% intensity at all times..

Rushing him back and potentially risking aggravating the injury is exacerbated by OKC having to play with extreme urgency for the rest of the season, just to make it into the playoffs..so, while I'd still rather avoid them, they're still the worst matchup for the Spurs, they probably won't be the same team in April, as there's a strong chance that key players will be worn out/injured again IMO..

The Big Three Southwest Texas Fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook with 20-7-6 as OKC is up 26 over NY at the half.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have 12 losses doing the cake part of their schedule.Each month their opp. winning percentage increases. They have to play Memphis 3 times (2 in Memphis) LAC 3 times. the Spurs 3 time (2 in S.A), GSW 3 times (2 in Oakland) not to mention the bottom of the west has been very compe ive with the Pelicans, Kings, Suns, Nuggets and Jazz (at home at least).

They also need close to perfect health over the final 5 months of the regular season.

The 69% winning percentage is ,in theory, doable its probably around 50/50 that they make the PS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A top seed is almost impossible for them to get. They'd probably need 55 wins for that, by going 50-15, .762,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WOW WESTBROOK LOOKS GOOD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SPURS = ED

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    panicky, forever afraid Spurs fan

We don't even know if Durant is going to be right when he comes back. A lot of things have to fall into place for OKC to make the post season in what is shaping up to be a very compe ive west record-wise. , the 7 seed only has five losses right now. I just don't see them being able to make up the ground.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is everyone so worried about the Thunder? We beat them last season, and we'll beat them again. FTT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they want to think long term though imo they should tank this season. Get in the lottery and secure an awesome young player in the draft. One thing San Antonio hasn't had the pleasure of having in about 19 years, our highest pick being the trade to get kawhi at no.15. Westbrook, Ibaka and Durant are all young and they'll be contending for years to come. They should tank and you never know what goods they could pick up in the lottery. It's up to them but adding a lottery player to their team would be an unexpected surprise for them and something San Antonio hasn't had in nearly 20 years. They will definitely make the playoffs if they want to make the playoffs but IMO they'd be better off tanking.

They are only 5 games behind 8th seeded Phoenix. If they want to make the playoffs they will make the playoffs. Up to them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is everyone so worried about the Thunder? We beat them last season, and we'll beat them again. FTT.
    As long as Scott Brooks is their coach we have nothing to worry about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How exactly are they ed when he was healthy last year and they beat the Thunder in the playoffs? Durant was healthy as well.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How exactly are they ed when he was healthy last year and they beat the Thunder in the playoffs? Durant was healthy as well.
    He's a Westbrick ball washer tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Steven Adams fans

Thread Information