Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point I might consider Kawhi for Butler straight up.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    In a perfect world, I have no doubt Thibbs would make Kawhi's quad explode.
    Might be the main reason I approve the trade tbh.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lottery players. Give me an allstar back. 47 win team goes to 60.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would do that no questions asked.

Pipe dream tho.
    Hope is Minnesota thinks they can make Kawhi stay with them if they do well on the season.

If not, three way deal with the Clippers. Clippers get Kawhi, Spurs get Butler, and Minnesota gets what the Clippers offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray, Green, Butler, Bertans, Aldridge
    White, Bellinelli, Manu, Gay, Gasol

Good for a second round trip (after beating the Lakers or Kawhi's Clippers on the first round), imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray, Green, Butler, Bertans, Aldridge
    White, Bellinelli, Manu, Gay, Gasol

Good for a second round trip (after beating the Lakers or Kawhi's Clippers on the first round), imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, we already discussed this, tbh.

BTW, with those players, what do you think makes more sense, to have Bertans or Gay in the SL?

P/S: I don't know why don't you also highlight the fact that not I'm not only not putting Mills as a starter, I'm leaving him out of the rotation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, we already discussed this, tbh.

BTW, with those players, what do you think makes more sense, to have Bertans or Gay in the SL?

P/S: I don't know why don't you also highlight the fact that not I'm not only not putting Mills as a starter, I'm leaving him out of the rotation.
    it's not like i've said i think bertans should never start... i've just pointed out that your constant projections are just wishcasting.

as far as fit, i think bertans made a ton more sense when kyle anderson was starting most of the year, and/or alongside danny green with a broken shot. with a good shooter like butler/kawhi at the 3, and with patty (or a green with re-discovered shot) starting, there is less of a need for bertans' shooting, since even LMA can stretch the floor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's not like i've said i think bertans should never start... i've just pointed out that your constant projections are just wishcasting.

as far as fit, i think bertans made a ton more sense when kyle anderson was starting most of the year, and/or alongside danny green with a broken shot. with a good shooter like butler/kawhi at the 3, and with patty (or a green with re-discovered shot) starting, there is less of a need for bertans' shooting, since even LMA can stretch the floor
    Butler isn't a very good three point shooter, tbh. And regardless of that, he is going to be the one with the ball on his hands, so it makes more sense to have spot up shooters around him, like Bertans, than one on one players, like Gay.

Also, your problem is thinking these lineups of mine are projections. Well, they are, but of what I would do, not of what I think Pop will do.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point I might consider Kawhi for Butler straight up.
    Yes, straight up Butler for Kawhi is 90cents on the dollar which better then any of the junk offers out there so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like this guy and I would totally see him at SA, but there is no way Leonard wants to go to Minny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we traded for him and things go good, could we offer him an extension during the season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like this guy and I would totally see him at SA, but there is no way Leonard wants to go to Minny.
    Three way trade with the Clippers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At people reading into this.

There's been enough rumors of discontent and cryptic Instagram posts to believe he could be in play next off season, but this
    was a mere formality . . .

They can "only" offer him 4/$110M on an extension, but 5/$190M if he re-signs (4/$141M if he signs elsewhere).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great trade all day for everyone. Minny gets an extremely efficient backup center and a starting caliber bench player and we get a healthy all-star that can emote.

I love how it says it will decrease LA's wins by 22, which goes against da attention thread #235,294,182.5 about Kawhi making anyone an instant contender. I'm completely shocked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully people can spell Jimmy more easily.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like watching the bouncing ball every week it's another team another package of players.........Once again no one knows ............ As Spur's Talk Continues......................

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three way trade with the Clippers.
    I am glad so many are now on the Buckets bandwagon.

The problem with any 3way involving Butler and Kawhi is that Kawhi is so toxic that any third party (clippers or sixers) giving up assets may prefer Butler over Leonard and would just deal directly for Butler. The only way to get Butler would be for the third party to not be willing to offer enough to make a deal work. Spurs would have to add asset(s) to the 3rd party offer to get Butler. Hopefully that would only be a pick and Milutinov. I don't believe Spurs get anything extra in a Butler deal.

If Jimmy is available, Spurs should try to make a deal directly before Wolves start getting offers. It may already be too late. I am bummed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe I'm confused but does it matter wtf Kawhi wants and where he wants to go? If Spurs trade him, it's to whomever they feel has has the best offer sheet. Teams not in LA already know it's most likely a 1 year rental.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Please let this happen RC. Thibs is notorious for running his players into the ground. Pop better check the thread on them tires to make sure there's at least 2/32 inches left

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Do it RC!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Do it RC!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe I'm confused but does it matter wtf Kawhi wants and where he wants to go? If Spurs trade him, it's to whomever they feel has has the best offer sheet. Teams not in LA already know it's most likely a 1 year rental.
    I agree, I’d love to trade him where he doesn’t want to, just to piss him. But it’s way too risky for the other team which will lose a good player for almost nothing if Leonard leaves after just one year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am glad so many are now on the Buckets bandwagon.

The problem with any 3way involving Butler and Kawhi is that Kawhi is so toxic that any third party (clippers or sixers) giving up assets may prefer Butler over Leonard and would just deal directly for Butler. The only way to get Butler would be for the third party to not be willing to offer enough to make a deal work. Spurs would have to add asset(s) to the 3rd party offer to get Butler. Hopefully that would only be a pick and Milutinov. I don't believe Spurs get anything extra in a Butler deal.

If Jimmy is available, Spurs should try to make a deal directly before Wolves start getting offers. It may already be too late. I am bummed.
    That might be true trading with a non LA team, but since we would be trading with the Clippers, that wouldn't be a problem. And the Clippers would obviously rather have Kawhi than Butler.

Thread Information