Page 6 of 85 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Acting like it would make a difference for Brazil to send a B or an A team.

, I don't even know if Brazil has an A team right now. Who knows, maybe they will finally play decently without all their regular scrubs, tbh.

Btw, folks here acting like nobody gives a about the Olympics but Brazil clearly preferring it over the CA.

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    Yeah they did. I mean, look at the rosters . That BR team wouldn't even win a "Brasileirao" tbh

I was in Buenos Aires that day, but my Argie fellows were pretty classy during that huge upset I'll give them that

Argentina hasn't won a Copa America since 93, so it's actually 23 years since their last major le with the "big boys". No World Cup, no Copa America, no Confederation Cup, nothing.

They really need to step up this time. They have by far the best team of this tournament. Brazil has no chance to win this tournament. B roster with a crap coach.
    23 years !!!!!! oh

all they can hold their balls on to is the 2008 gold medal in Beijin

and even then Messi had to be handheld by the Great Roman Riquelme

got damn bunch of losers

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Gold medal that Brazil hasn't won yet

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Because neither Dybala, nor Icardi play the same position as Di María, Lavezzi or Lamela.
    midfielder/wing (Di Maria), creator (Lamela) or straight up forward (Lavezzi)... what are Dybala and Icardi, defenders now?

Heck, just ing take at lease one of them instead of Lavezzi that's there because he's Tata's good buddy. I mean, he isn't thinking of taking him to Russia when he's 33 years old, right?

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    , I still remember that '93 Copa America in Ecuador... daddy Argentina beating down on our Mexican sons... Batigol with both goals...

You can still find copies from VCR tapes on Youtube, tbh...

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    The one in 2004 you guys were pretty close. Tevez started to dance in the end, Adriano got upset and the rest is history

That final was probably more exciting than the WC le in 2002 tbh.
    that was a straight up choke... ing Bielsa should've been kicked out after that embarrassing 2002 World Cup showing...

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    midfielder/wing (Di Maria), creator (Lamela) or straight up forward (Lavezzi)... what are Dybala and Icardi, defenders now?

Heck, just ing take at lease one of them instead of Lavezzi that's there because he's Tata's good buddy. I mean, he isn't thinking of taking him to Russia when he's 33 years old, right?
    Dimaria, Lamela and Lavezzi are all wings. Dybala and Icardi are forwards that play through the center of the attack.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Dimaria, Lamela and Lavezzi are all wings. Dybala and Icardi are forwards that play through the center of the attack.
    Dybala starts at midfield in Juve... he's can play 9/10...

Lavezzi always played 9, he's just too old now. Tata plays him open, but he's a forward. He isn't your typical winger.

tbh, with Tata, everyone but Higuain plays open. Even Tevez and Messi.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Dybala starts at midfield in Juve... he's can play 9/10...

Lavezzi always played 9, he's just too old now. Tata plays him open, but he's a forward. He isn't your typical winger.

tbh, with Tata, everyone but Higuain plays open. Even Tevez and Messi.
    The ? When has Lavezzi ever played as a 9?

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    The ? When has Lavezzi ever played as a 9?
    In Napoli he played all 3 positions (winger, striker and 10)... In San Lorenzo he was a supporting forward. When you're young, you can move around. Even Messi was the same thing. He started more as a winger, with Etoo and Ronaldinho, then moved all around (false 9, etc etc etc).

That's why I don't buy there's no room for Dybala. And again, what's the masterplan with Lavezzi long term? Even short term, he basically left PSG through the backdoor and went to China.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    In Napoli he played all 3 positions (winger, striker and 10)... In San Lorenzo he was a supporting forward. When you're young, you can move around. Even Messi was the same thing. He started more as a winger, with Etoo and Ronaldinho, then moved all around (false 9, etc etc etc).

That's why I don't buy there's no room for Dybala. And again, what's the masterplan with Lavezzi long term? Even short term, he basically left PSG through the backdoor and went to China.
    Lavezzi has never played as a number 9, tbh.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Lavezzi is there just 'cause he a good locker room guy. And an Alphanel favourite. And what Alphanel wants goes, tbh.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Lavezzi has never played as a number 9, tbh.
    yeah, ok.

Not even sure why are you making excuses for Martino, tbh, it's no revelation he's a mediocre coach.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Lavezzi is there just 'cause he a good locker room guy. And an Alphanel favourite. And what Alphanel wants goes, tbh.
    lol @ glue guy...

That's exactly what I was pointing out about Martino, he doesn't have the balls or authority to manage egos... he's a buddy-buddy coach.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    yeah, ok.

Not even sure why are you making excuses for Martino, tbh, it's no revelation he's a mediocre coach.
    I'm not making excuses for Martino. I'm just stating a fact: Lavezzi and Dybala don't play the same position.

I would take Dybala over Lavezzi anyday, tbh. But I wouldn't play 4-3-3 either.

And when did this turn into a Lavezzi vs Dybala debate? At first, you guys were crying about Dybala not being ahead of Aguero and Huguain. That's where I jumped, tbh.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    I'm not making excuses for Martino. I'm just stating a fact: Lavezzi and Dybala don't play the same position.

I would take Dybala over Lavezzi anyday, tbh. But I wouldn't play 4-3-3 either.

And when did this turn into a Lavezzi vs Dybala debate? At first, you guys were crying about Dybala not being ahead of Aguero and Huguain. That's where I jumped, tbh.
    This all started on Martino not taking Dybala "because he wasn't going to play"... well, on paper, neither is Lavezzi, Lamela and a bunch of his buddies. That's where this came from.

Plus you said Icardi and Dybala are , but they're no more than current Lavezzi or that pecho frio Lamela...

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    But besides being " ". They are also forwards that play thriugh the center of the attack. And we already have 2 top 10 players at that position on the roster.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    But besides being " ". They are also forwards that play thriugh the center of the attack. And we already have 2 top 10 players at that position on the roster.
    My beef with Higuain is that he missed in critical moments... I like his work rate, etc... But the goals he missed in the WC Final and the CA Final wanted me to kill him, tbh... I just go back and think about those and can't shake off the "choker" label...

He has a great opportunity in this tournament to redeem himself...

My Team
    Uruguay
    Post Count
    I think you should consider some guys from the Oriental Province of Uruguay TBH.... Godin and Suarez would fit wonderfully with the main team TBH

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    , I still remember that '93 Copa America in Ecuador... daddy Argentina beating down on our Mexican sons... Batigol with both goals...

93 was the one Arg scored in the final from a throw-in?

btw you seem so old remembering the WCs and the cups

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count

having to order an antique VCR to be able to see the last time your team won

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    93 was the one Arg scored in the final from a throw-in?

btw you seem so old remembering the WCs and the cups
    He isn't ElNono for nothing, tbh.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    He isn't ElNono for nothing, tbh.
    ElAbuelo

having to order an antique VCR to be able to see the last time your team won

TBH, Argentina Copa America performance the past two decades is both embarrassing and puzzling ...the thing is that other than that 2002 disgrace, they have really done well in WCs since 1986, but they just kept running into their daddy Germany; otherwise they could have had 2 other world chips...

Thread Information