Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Chump afraid of market forces quelling his gimpy politics
    In which boycotts are you currently participating?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    UA will be fine. Now, if Affliction Clothing announced its support for athletes, things might get interesting.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn kim kong UN spokesman just shredded us and trump

Said he is a deranged megalomaniac

Said even his own country dislikes him

And said NK wants peace in the world buf US stands against it

Pretty strong words imo. They also said their missile has 100% chance to visit the US mainland
    Pretty strong words...

You follow around these two insecure fat kids bleating out their statements like they are in some sort of spoiled child rap contest worth winning.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I won't be buying any UA clothing

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Somehow the right wingers think it is worse to sit/kneel during national anthem than to vote for Donald Trump as president. Thats like saying " you" to the United States for four years.
    Not really. It’s more like saying you to pansy ass liberals.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A fantastic end to the Laver Cup - a weekend of stars (Federer, Nadal), legend coaches (Borg, McEnroe) and the future (Zverev, Kyrgios) honoring those who paved the way before them. NBA and NFL players should take the example of tennis and keep their protest/politics out of sport.

Kudos to Federer for the idea, organizing it and coming through in the clutch with 2 tiebreakers for the win - simply the GOAT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even Stevie Wonder taking a knee on do 's ass

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even Stevie Wonder taking a knee on do 's ass

I wouldn't want to pay good money to see this. Good thing Paul McCartney is British - although I wouldn't be surprised to see it - he was waving a gay pride flag at his concert and made some joke about Fake News - doesn't he know a lot of his audience are probably old, Catholic Cubans who voted for Trump?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I wouldn't want to pay good money to see this. Good thing Paul McCartney is British - although I wouldn't be surprised to see it - he was waving a gay pride flag at his concert and made some joke about Fake News - doesn't he know a lot of his audience are probably old, Catholic Cubans who voted for Trump?
    People who like fake news?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People who like fake news?
    Huh?

I vote with my money - cancelled NBA League pass and no more Heat/Spurs games for me and my brother. Haven't even watched a Spurs game since first Spurs/GSW last season - just not the same without Timmy - and don't want to hear Pop spout off on Trump - I want to be entertained - not listen to this (if I want to hear it, I'll just come to this board :-)

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Huh?

I vote with my money - cancelled NBA League pass and no more Heat/Spurs games for me and my brother. Haven't even watched a Spurs game since first Spurs/GSW last season - just not the same without Timmy - and don't want to hear Pop spout off on Trump - I want to be entertained - not listen to this (if I want to hear it, I'll just come to this board :-)
    Eh, you probably wouldn't mind so much if they were political views with which you agreed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh?

That was one time.

You Trump supporters need to learn how to compartmentalize.

Just because a certain team of any sport is critical of a president doesn't mean you should sop watching. It's a stupid and silly approach.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, you probably wouldn't mind so much if they were political views with which you agreed.
    No, MJ and Federer never spout political views because they want to appeal to the widest audience and they know that there are people of all different persuasions. Does Lebron not think about the millions who voted for Trump or those in the middle who might not think kindly of the president being called "bum"? Now, Trump went too far with this "b***h" - I don't approve of that kind of language at all. The whole situation is crazy and should not be in sports at all - it should be about escape and entertainment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cowboys' Jerry Jones: Anthem 'Not the Place' to Stage Protest

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No, MJ and Federer never spout political views because they want to appeal to the widest audience and they know that there are people of all different persuasions. Does Lebron not think about the millions who voted for Trump or those in the middle who might not think kindly of the president being called "bum"? Now, Trump went too far with this "b***h" - I don't approve of that kind of language at all. The whole situation is crazy and should not be in sports at all - it should be about escape and entertainment.
    You still approve of Trump though. If LeBron is taking a financial risk by saying what he really thinks I respect him all the more for it. I don't remember the movie about a black boxer who chose to not comment on the draft during Vietnam, but one was sure made about the one who did. These people don't exist just to entertain you, but you are free to make your statement as well. If you stopped giving money to a person or organization because of their conservative political views, I'd love to read about it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was one time.

You Trump supporters need to learn how to compartmentalize.

Just because a certain team of any sport is critical of a president doesn't mean you should sop watching. It's a stupid and silly approach.
    Not one time, Reck. According to this - 6 times (although 2 of them are iffy):

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/05/dona...how-rant-video

And why should I have to watch players taking a knee - disrespecting our flag/anthem? Or watch Lebron and his team mates with his "hands up, don't shoot" protest - what a farce. I don't waste my hard earned money to see that. Do I go to work and spout off on politics? No, I don't - I know better - that the majority of government workers are Dems so whenever someone mentions Trump, I just smile and keep my mouth shut. Well, same thing, these athletes are working - providing a service/entertainment.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You still approve of Trump though. If LeBron is taking a financial risk by saying what he really thinks I respect him all the more for it. I don't remember the movie about a black boxer who chose to not comment on the draft during Vietnam, but one was sure made about the one who did. These people don't exist just to entertain you, but you are free to make your statement as well. If you stopped giving money to a person or organization because of their conservative political views, I'd love to read about it.
    I am all for free speech but there is an appropriate time and place for it, and I don't think it should be the workplace. Do you think that people who work at Dunkin Doughnuts or whatever shop should be allowed to not serve policemen coffee? Or that teachers should be allowed to remove students from class rooms because they wear MAGA t-shirts?

I don't recall any conservative spouting their political views in the workplace (minus politicians/media - since that is their workplace) - they tend to keep their mouth shut but millions pulled the Trump lever in the privacy of the voting booth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am all for free speech but there is an appropriate time and place for it, and I don't think it should be the workplace. Do you think that people who work at Dunkin Doughnuts or whatever shop should be allowed to not serve policemen coffee? Or that teachers should be allowed to remove students from class rooms because they wear MAGA t-shirts?

I don't recall any conservative spouting their political views in the workplace (minus politicians/media - since that is their workplace) - they tend to keep their mouth shut but millions pulled the Trump lever in the privacy of the voting booth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.dailywire.com/news/21457/...mpaign=dwbrand

Pat fans letting their players know they are wrong

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I am all for free speech but there is an appropriate time and place for it, and I don't think it should be the workplace. Do you think that people who work at Dunkin Doughnuts or whatever shop should be allowed to not serve policemen coffee?
    No.
    Or that teachers should be allowed to remove students from class rooms because they wear MAGA t-shirts?
    No. But those aren't examples of people simply expressing an opinion.

You've never heard of Ted Nugent or Kid Rock?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    http://www.dailywire.com/news/21457/...mpaign=dwbrand

Pat fans letting their players know they are wrong
    Snowflake fans. Did they leave like dear leader told them to?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.No. But those aren't examples of people simply expressing an opinion.

You've never heard of Ted Nugent or Kid Rock?
    Well, should a bank teller be allowed to say "Go Trump" or "Go Hillary" to every customer on election day? Should the bank officials allow that or should I, as a customer, have to listen to that?

I've heard their names but just like Kim Kardashian? I really don't know much about them - not exactly in my sphere/world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well, should a bank teller be allowed to say "Go Trump" or "Go Hillary" to every customer on election day? Should the bank officials allow that or should I, as a customer, have to listen to that?
    The NFL players aren't saying a word. Ultimately, employers can make decisions regarding that. I don't understand why people think it's a specifically partisan protest. I think police shootings in general are dangerously underreported. Nobody can give any reliable statistics on them because no one is required to record them. That alone is good enough reason to protest.

I've heard their names but just like Kim Kardashian? I really don't know much about them - not exactly in my sphere/world.
    Great. Now you know such people exist.

Thread Information