Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Just picked up the new Rob Sonic and it's definitely worth checking out. Although I liked him better with Sonic Sum his new stuff since he's gone to Definitive Jux still kicks ass. The beats are grimy as and his lyrics are unmatchable. Album is called Sabotage Gigante.

Check the song "smoke em if you got um" featuring Aesop Rock. Just pay the .99 cents on itunes you cheap bas s. These two together are unreal. If they ever make an entire album together it would be absolutely amazing. They've already collabed on a couple now so I wouldn't be surprised.
    I've heard "the over under" and "dead as disco" and I definitely have to pick that up. Just have to stop being such a cheap mother er.

I posted this in another thread, but I guess it belongs here. New Nas track by C-Webb (far superior to Blunt Ashes).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HhdDJXOj43Y

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    I've heard "the over under" and "dead as disco" and I definitely have to pick that up. Just have to stop being such a cheap mother er.
    I've listened to Rob Sonic since he was with Sonic Sum, hence my screen name, The Sanity Annex. I really wish he'd get back to the beats he first started on with Sonic Sum. Much more mellow and I feel they complimented his flow better. Still though, the guy is like no one else I've ever heard and no matter what beat he's on, it's gonna be sick. "Spyhunter feat. Busdriver" is insane.

Did you pick up "Telicatessen"? Rob did all the his own beats on that album, all digital. Pretting interesting story behind that album.

reppin the 16th letter! Fillmoe's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    College
    Miami Hurricanes
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=yEVOtx9qukg

im 2 guns up ride or die til the suns up!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    I've listened to Rob Sonic since he was with Sonic Sum, hence my screen name, The Sanity Annex. I really wish he'd get back to the beats he first started on with Sonic Sum. Much more mellow and I feel they complimented his flow better. Still though, the guy is like no one else I've ever heard and no matter what beat he's on, it's gonna be sick. "Spyhunter feat. Busdriver" is insane.

Did you pick up "Telicatessen"? Rob did all the his own beats on that album, all digital. Pretting interesting story behind that album.
    Oh for sure. I think that I've had "Shoplift" stuck in my head since the album dropped.

Anyways, what do yall like for album of the year? While Brother Ali was definitely the (ditto for Desire), I have to give it to The Offering (which IMO is better than Heavy Mental).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    College
    Miami Hurricanes

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    College
    Miami Hurricanes
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=TdbvYCsr4HU

JADA! that kiss of death album was heavily slept on

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Anyways, what do yall like for album of the year? While Brother Ali was definitely the
    I gotta go with Brother Ali. Album was un ingbelievable.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    College
    Miami Hurricanes
    i dont know about album of the year, but this is definitely the mixtape of the year.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    I know I haven't heard a LOT of the ones that will probably get mentioned here, but I have been loving the out of "Eardrum" the last week or so.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    I know I haven't heard a LOT of the ones that will probably get mentioned here, but I have been loving the out of "Eardrum" the last week or so.
    You've been loving it more than the last week. I've heard you mention it multiple times. It's a good album, but for me personally, Talib on that album doesn't change it up enough. And his voice has always sounded a bit whiny to me. I'm waiting for Mos Def's new album to be finished. He released Black Magic and there are a lot of good and a lot of bad songs on that. I heard that was just a preview to his new album with some of those same tracks being kept.

Brother Ali was a 10/10 from start to finish.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    You've been loving it more than the last week. I've heard you mention it multiple times. It's a good album, but for me personally, Talib on that album doesn't change it up enough. And his voice has always sounded a bit whiny to me. I'm waiting for Mos Def's new album to be finished. He released Black Magic and there are a lot of good and a lot of bad songs on that. I heard that was just a preview to his new album with some of those same tracks being kept.

Brother Ali was a 10/10 from start to finish.
    No, I've talked about "Quality" a lot (which I think is a better album), but I downloaded "Eardrum" just a few days ago.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    No, I've talked about "Quality" a lot (which I think is a better album), but I downloaded "Eardrum" just a few days ago.
    Really? I thought it was you. Which one you like better?

I think quality was much better than Eardrum.

edit: I see you liked Quality better as well.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    I'm not to big a fan of Eardrum. Nothing against Talib's skills, but I just can't get behind the beats.

As for Brother Ali, I think that I liked Shadows more than the new ish. Not saying that it's bad album, but Shadows is some ing genious.

About Album of the Year, I almost forgot about "Over Time". Talk about a great album, that has to be up there.

Name
    Seth Hill
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Carolina Tar Heels
    Been listining to a lot of these guys, real good

http://www.myspace.com/eyedeaandabilities

New Percee P album is the , 2 Brothers From The Gutter is crazy good with that Contra beat

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    College
    Miami Hurricanes
    Brisco,Rick Ross,Young C,Flo-Rida,Triple C's (Carol City Cartel),Smitty, Slick Pulla,C-ride,Joe Hound and Currency

Most of these are young cats from dade yall look out 4 them

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Does anyone have the non-DJ full version of Watch your mouth from Wu?

It's from their LP coming out in December.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    New Prefuse 73 coming out Oct 23rd "Preparations".

http://www.myspace.com/prefusion1973

Sounds great.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Just got around to picking up Perseverance by Percee P. Some good there. Also picked up Sabotage Gigante, but I haven't listened to it yet.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Also picked up Sabotage Gigante, but I haven't listened to it yet.
    nice

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    i'm gonna grab beat konducta in India on the way home. didn't see if was out. the promo video is hilarious. anyone else have it already?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Yeah. It's very good. Got it on itunes a while ago.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Also picked up Craft of the Lost Arts. Only listened to it once so far, but this is amazing. Definitely up there as far as AOTY goes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    College
    Miami Hurricanes

just got this... classic !

Too weird to live, and too rare to die. midgetonadonkey's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Negro music sucks. Anyone who love negro music is committing blasphemy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    College
    Miami Hurricanes

Thread Information