Page 60 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1686
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol that sig made my day...

6 weeks in the psych ward with restricted / no internet access or phone has me all kinds of ed up

cheers doc for keeping my delusion alive!!

-------

has anyone got their kawhi tho's yet?
    I forgot to mention that Americans need to order Lx3 at the least....for SA peeps maybe Lx6 😂

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do not care. It’s not there for you. Nor do you need to quote me to tell me that unless you are attention whorin which you are

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    get well soon Kyle...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to read it, but I can't. Oh well, if they don't want anyone outside of SA to be able to read it, they can shove it up their a$$es.

Thanks for at least putting up the link. I guess only locals can read it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to read it, but I can't. Oh well, if they don't want anyone outside of SA to be able to read it, they can shove it up their a$$es.

Due to copyright and such I won't post the whole thing (it's a long article too and a very entertaining read for subscribers), but it goes in depth into what he did in the summer to improve and I think you are one of those fans who are interested in the players' training regimes, etc so I will share the relevant quotes.

The article starts poetically highlighting his motivation for his workout regime this season as coming from how he ended the season playing against GSW, and the burning desire to play and produce play like that every night.

The article goes on to mention how all 3 prior summers he had worked on a regimen prescribed by the Spurs coaching staff and focused on the summer league, but this time he was free to design what he wanted to do with his own summer workouts on his own. He knew what he wanted to work on and he asked his dad (a basketball coach) and brother ( a former UConn football player and athlete trainer) for advice.

Kyle Sr. informed his son he was preparing to return. Though Kyle Sr. promised a hands-off approach when Anderson entered the Spurs’ culture, he felt this was the time to temporarily suspend that agreement.

“This summer was important because he was going into his contract year and I just had to get my hands on him a little more than I usually do,” he said. Kyle Sr. gave his son a schedule. He wanted Anderson to relocate to Los Angeles where his agent, Thaddeus Foucher of Wasserman Media Group, could assist in coordinating workouts with other clients like Russell Westbrook and Anthony Davis.

The reasoning was simple: “The new chapter in your life is you being more aggressive offensively,” his father said. “How are you going to do that if you’re not playing against peers? If you’re not playing against your peers, how will you be able to gauge if you can do it when the season comes?” But before Anderson could workout with peers, he needed an individual overhaul.
    Wilkins (his bro) created a list of things he wanted Anderson to improve on.

Wilkins did not want Anderson to get too big. Anderson needed to be light enough toplay the guard and small forward positions. But Anderson needed to add muscle in case Popovich called his number to play the four.

Said Wilkins: “We don’t know what you are, but let’s put you in the best position and the best shape possible to guard two through four. Let’s find ways to lower your body mass, build confidence, get you stronger, give you stronger endurance. He said ‘OK,I’m on board.’” Anderson worked with Wilkins three to four times a week starting at 7:30 a.m. His core was the focus. Anderson did deadlifts, squats, “plyometrics stuff that was all basketbal lrelated.” Anderson worked out at Dumbbells Health & Fitness Gym in North Bergen, New Jersey. Wilkins described the club as a “meathead” gym. Nothing flashy. No fancy equipment. No distractions.

Anderson would spend 20 minutes working his upper body, chest and shoulders. The next 20 minutes were for basketball-related activities. Wilkins had Anderson flipping heavy tires, and performing power cleans with dumbbells, which simulated rebounding. There was a 15-pound medicine ball and a 50-foot monkey bar.

Anderson practiced the Mikan drill — named after NBA legend George Mikan — which helps forwards and centers obtain a rhythm for rebounding and scoring in the paint. Wilkins called that workout, “The Kyrie’s,” as Anderson would mimic layup drills using the medicine ball.

“The reason I called those Kyrie’s is because the way Kyrie (Irving) attacks the rim,”Wilkins said. “Spins it left, right. So, when you look at Kyle’s game this year, he’sfinishing around the rim a lot better because for three months to start every workout, hehad to do the Mikan drill back and forth for about six or seven times on a monkey bar.That would allow him to finish around contact.”

The deadlifts were important, too. The workouts helped Anderson’s explosion when going up to rebound.“ But also, when you see him defensively, he’s now consistently in a defensive squat,”Wilkins said. “He’s lower, he’s more comfortable. And we did a lot of jump roping, too .A rope for him is foot speed. Once we got him in that core of doing all those different activities, getting a low center of gravity, now let’s work on your foot work. Let’s cutoff different angles.”

Anderson played handball with his brother using a tennis ball. The drill enhanced Anderson’s hand speed and lateral quickness.“ Everything that we did had a meaning behind it,” Wilkins said. “It had some type of basketball-related activity so he could see it.”
    The article goes on to describe a steep ass hill Wilkins would climb up and down several times himself in NJ while he was a football athlete. It works on you mentally bc it will hit you with exhaustion at one point and stings like . Anderson needed to run up and back at it for 6 times.

“The first time you run it three times and you think that was one of the hardest things I ever did in my life,” Wilkins said. “And then you go back a week later and have to runit six times. And you think, ‘No way I’m running this six times,’ and you do. And then the third time, you have to run it nine times.” Anderson could not complete the hill challenge the first few attempts. After five tries, Wilkins said he vomited, laid out on the ground, exhausted. “You’re running and running, and then all of a sudden the transmission blows,” he said. But Anderson needed to complete the drill for endurance. It was also a mental challenge Anderson needed to master. Run up. Walk down. Do it again. It was one of the hardest routines Anderson ever encountered until he finally completed the challenge with no side effects.
    For his shooting, he stuck to one shooting motion. In the past apparently so many different coaches had given him advice on how to shoot that he wasn't consistent with staying with one shot. This summer he stuck with Chip's advice and decided to just shoot the entire summer in all his drills one way. He said it helped and he's noticed more accuracy with his shot, but doing it in games is the real challenge.

Kyle arranged on his own to participate in some workouts with Carmelo, JR Smith and other pros. Of interest, there is no mention ever made of the workout he and Dejounte were going to have with Kawhi. This article is so in depth into Kyle's summer that if they had in fact trained together it would be there.

As a speculation on my part, I tend to think given Kawhi's tendinopathy, that the workouts were cancelled.

There are some interviews where Carmelo gives his opinion on Kyle's improvement (that particular interview is here in this thread somewhere, he gave that interview after the game the Spurs won against OkC at home). Doc Rivers also talked about Kyle's improvement after the win against the Clippers and there is a snippet of that interview in the article.

The article concludes mentioning his current mental state of keeping to himself and not get too high or too low based on how he's played in a particular game.

“I don’t like to get too high on myself if I’m playing well or not,” Anderson said. “I just try to keep it going. ... I don’t want to say I’m playing well or anything. I just want tofocus on the next game.”
    It's really bittersweet that I think this article was a piece that Jabari Young had been working on for some time and it was published just after Kyle got injured. The irony.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 12-05-2017 at 02:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^Hope he is able to do another workout like this one next off season...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really interesting background to the obvious improvement in some facets of the game. I love to read this kind of stuff instead of all the bickering between fanboys.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Due to copyright and such I won't post the whole thing (it's a long article too and a very entertaining read for subscribers), but it goes in depth into what he did in the summer to improve and I think you are one of those fans who are interested in the players' training regimes, etc so I will share the relevant quotes.

The article starts poetically highlighting his motivation for his workout regime this season as coming from how he ended the season playing against GSW, and the burning desire to play and produce play like that every night.

The article goes on to mention how all 3 prior summers he had worked on a regimen prescribed by the Spurs coaching staff and focused on the summer league, but this time he was free to design what he wanted to do with his own summer workouts on his own. He knew what he wanted to work on and he asked his dad (a basketball coach) and brother ( a former UConn football player and athlete trainer) for advice.

The article goes on to describe a steep ass hill Wilkins would climb up and down several times himself in NJ while he was a football athlete. It works on you mentally bc it will hit you with exhaustion at one point and stings like . Anderson needed to run up and back at it for 6 times.

For his shooting, he stuck to one shooting motion. In the past apparently so many different coaches had given him advice on how to shoot that he wasn't consistent with staying with one shot. This summer he stuck with Chip's advice and decided to just shoot the entire summer in all his drills one way. He said it helped and he's noticed more accuracy with his shot, but doing it in games is the real challenge.

Kyle arranged on his own to participate in some workouts with Carmelo, JR Smith and other pros. Of interest, there is no mention ever made of the workout he and Dejounte were going to have with Kawhi. This article is so in depth into Kyle's summer that if they had in fact trained together it would be there.

As a speculation on my part, I tend to think given Kawhi's tendinopathy, that the workouts were cancelled.

There are some interviews where Carmelo gives his opinion on Kyle's improvement (that particular interview is here in this thread somewhere, he gave that interview after the game the Spurs won against OkC at home). Doc Rivers also talked about Kyle's improvement after the win against the Clippers and there is a snippet of that interview in the article.

The article concludes mentioning his current mental state of keeping to himself and not get too high or too low based on how he's played in a particular game.

It's really bittersweet that I think this article was a piece that Jabari Young had been working on for some time and it was published just after Kyle got injured. The irony.
    Glad he practiced the mikan drill. It prevented him from missing all those wide open layups.... NOT

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Delusional or not ($$$)??

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3HEXuzrQpYg

Kyle will be fully healed & ready for action by Xmas

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

wow great read. Jabari been doing some good work this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad he practiced the mikan drill. It prevented him from missing all those wide open layups.... NOT

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like kyle, hes just a wimp. Embarassing that he cries over everything

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like kyle, hes just a wimp. Embarassing that he cries over everything
    the NBA is an entertainment product and these guys get payed millions for how well they play a game, not for how tough they act.

even the toughest gangsta NBA player is still only getting payed for how well he plays this game to entertain fans of all ages.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the NBA is an entertainment product and these guys get payed millions for how well they play a game, not for how tough they act.

even the toughest gangsta NBA player is still only getting payed for how well he plays this game to entertain fans of all ages.
    Great point

Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    team sucks without him

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    any word? SAGirl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim wasnt athletic he was smart. He was instinctual. He had positioning not quickness.

Instinctual swimming

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Instinctual swimming
    Damn bro, that's some digging. Props.

Edit: also, that kid they're showing who got second? He's like half the size of Timmy...
    Tim must have thought he was a shoe-in to the Olympics, with his length.
    I should never thank a natural disaster, but...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guy is injured. Let him get well, and Pop figure out how to fit him in with a fully healthy roster. I think Aldridge has missed him the most since he got a number of easy baskets each game fed by Kyle. But Aldridge and Kawhi have their own chemistry to figure out.

Team misses his rebounding, defense, passing, bbiq. He's make clutch plays often on defense in 4th Q, getting a steal or a block that stalls the other team's momentum, or recovering a 50/50 ball, something. They miss him. Whoever doesn't miss him is just trolling.. which is par for the course in this site. Most of his minutes have gone to Bryn Forbes, who has played well, but aside of his shooting, he doesn't do the other stuff Kyle is capable of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guy is injured. Let him get well, and Pop figure out how to fit him in with a fully healthy roster. I think Aldridge has missed him the most since he got a number of easy baskets each game fed by Kyle. But Aldridge and Kawhi have their own chemistry to figure out.

Team misses his rebounding, defense, passing, bbiq. He's make clutch plays often on defense in 4th Q, getting a steal or a block that stalls the other team's momentum, or recovering a 50/50 ball, something. They miss him. Whoever doesn't miss him is just trolling.. which is par for the course in this site. Most of his minutes have gone to Bryn Forbes, who has played well, but aside of his shooting, he doesn't do the other stuff Kyle is capable of.
    He needs to be the 1st guy off the bench when he comes back. The guy is simply productive on the court now. Both sides.
    Him, Gay and Kawhi along with a 5 make for a very tall and switchable line up for most teams.

Thread Information