Page 65 of 238 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 5940
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2015 TE Jordan Davis has committed to A&M.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on 2015 QB Ricky Town after the Texas camp (24/7).
    Great quotes. The coaches apparently walked away pretty damn impressed with him.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Video interview with DE Solomon Thomas from OrangeBloods:

http://vimeo.com/68330473

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Video interview with DE Solomon Thomas from OrangeBloods:

http://vimeo.com/68330473
    They have an interview with DB Jamal Adams as well.

http://vimeo.com/68219970

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some notes from 24/7...

-OL Jovan Pruitt and S Payton Hendrix of Dallas Bishop Dunne are supposed to be on campus today.

-2015 DT Daylon Mack is supposedly opening his recruitment up again. His mother isn't happy that he seems to be rushing the process. With that said, A&M is still the overwhelming favorite and he'd be committed right now if he had his parents' blessing.

-S Arrion Springs has decided to make his commitent at the The Opening. The bad news is he's headed for an unofficial visit to Oregon on June 18th, but the good news is the Texas staff will get the last word as he'll be in Austin on June 28th before heading to The Opening.

-It appears that A&M is out front for OL Zach Ledwik after he visited College Station recently. He cited the "small town feel" as something he can relate to and he likes the engineering school. He's not sure if he wants to make a decision soon or wait to take official visits in the fall.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    S Jamal Adams is unofficially visiting Florida this weekend, per 24/7.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2015 WR DaMarkus Lodge of Cedar Hill is on campus, according to 24/7.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Several unofficial reports that WR Emanuel Porter is on campus and has committed to Texas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 saying Texas is hosting a punter today. Corbin Daly of Charlotte, NC is in town.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/596720/#highlights/43852373

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some good reads from Barking Carnival on the offense and defensive schemes we're seeing from UT. I don't know how many of y'all are familiar with LonghornScott, but he makes things pretty simple to understand.

http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2013/...art-2#comments

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2015 QB Kyler Murray of Allen discusses his Texas offer (HornsNation):

“Definitely excited about Texas,” he said. “With the A&M offer people say ‘Blah, blah, blah’ and whatever. That’s not true. I am definitely weighing my options and am highly interested in Texas. They do everything I like. I love the coaches. We’ll have a better relationship as this goes on. But I love everything about Texas right now.”

“Basically he (Mack Brown) said that he was all in,”
    Murray said. “They like what I can do. They said they need a guy that can move around and throw the ball at the same time. I can do all of that. He definitely likes me and wants me to come down.”

“Whether he (Murray's father) hates them or not, he definitely loves Coach Brown and Coach [Major] Applewhite,”
    Murray said. “He is good friends with Bruce Chambers so he’s psyched.”

“Texas A&M, I mean, yes, of course, it’s a big thing that my dad went there,”
    he said. “If it wasn’t Texas A&M it wouldn’t be this big. People wouldn’t be making as big a deal about it as they are. To me, Texas A&M is just another school. I’m going to look at it the same as every other school. I have a good relationship with the coaches. I’m just going to go wherever I feel is best for me. Texas, I definitely have an interest in Texas. Wherever I go is where I am meant to be.”

“I’m still 15,”
    he said, laughing. “It is crazy with the state championship, all the offers, the attention. It is a dream to be a young kid and be able to go wherever you want to play football, and I have that chance. It’s pretty cool.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2015 QB Ricky Town's father talks about the trip to Austin (HornsNation):

“We liked it a lot. They’re straight shooters. They're genuine dudes,” Town said. "It’s a good fit. It’s not one of those schools that’s like, ‘blah, blah.’ They get down to business and they wanted to see very specific stuff and know that you were interested in them. I think they hit it off with Ricky really well.”

“Their stadium is huge. Top-notch facilities. It’s just a classy place,”
    Town said. “I think it’s a really good fit. It’s just a matter if him really seeing these top three or five schools he’s interested in and going from there.”

“He (Mack Brown) has to put on his recruiting face and he’s a very friendly and cordial guy, very talkative and informative,”
    Town said. “But when I asked if he had any advice for the kid, his recruiting face came off. He got real intimate."

“He talked about what you really have to do, and he gave us genuine, genuine information and advice. There were a couple times when he was more of a family member than a coach at this point. He gave extremely valid and great advice.”

“Texas may have caused us to slow it down a little bit,”
    Rick Town said. “You can’t just jump into decision. His mom wants to see the school before he commits, so we really starting thinking about us coming to a game at Texas, a game at Alabama, a game at a couple other schools and really get a feel before we commit.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More quotes from 2015 DE/LB Anthony Wheeler of Dallas Skyline (HornsNation):

“I want to keep the linebacker tradition going at Skyline,”
    he said. “There is a little bit of pressure because so many good linebackers have come out of Skyline. Some are doing good in college. It’s a lot of pressure.”

“It went pretty good down there (in Austin),”
    he said. “I actually played linebacker some. They played me at defensive end, too, and I did pretty good with that. I liked the way the whole camp went, the presentations about the school and the way the coaches treated everyone. I liked how the camp went.”

“I actually like linebacker the best but it really doesn’t matter where I play,”
    he said. “They are very similar. I feel like I like linebacker more because of the mental part of the game. You have to train yourself more to understand the game and show how much more critical you can be.”

“He (Manny Diaz) talked to me and said that he liked the way I look,”
    Wheeler said. “He just told me I need to work on the mental part of the game and on my footwork some. He sees me being a good prospect in 2015.”

“My goal was just to show what all I could do, how good of a player I could be and to see how the coaches interact with other players during the camp,”
    he said. “It’s a family atmosphere at Texas.”

“UT, SMU, Texas Tech, Notre Dame, LSU and OU (are the favorites),”
    he said.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2015 RB Jay Bradford says he considered comitting to Texas last Sunday (HornsNation):

“I really wanted to commit,” Bradford said. “But I’ve got to have more time to think about things.”

“When I got that offer from the Mack Brown, my heart kind of just stopped,”
    he said. “I was like, ‘Wait, what? An offer from the Mack Brown?’ I was speechless."

“He’s (Mack Brown) one of a kind,”
    he said. “He’s funny, he knows what he’s talking about, he has so much experience and one thing I really did like was his office. You don’t see an office like that anywhere. It was amazing. I liked that. I held the rings and held the Heisman. Whew, that Heisman was heavy.”

“I talked to my grandma and grandpa all about it. They’re leaning toward Texas because it is close to home and it’s a great school for business, and I want to go into business,”
    he said. “But I’ve got a few more years to think about this stuff.”

“It was hard to get my name out there coming from such a small school,”
    Bradford said. “I guess now the word is getting out.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2015 WR Kemah Siverand gives an update on his recruitment (HornsNation):

“The (Texas) staff was pretty cool with me,” Siverand said. “I like the staff and I could see myself playing for Texas. But I could also see myself playing at some other universities as well.”

“Texas took their time and brought in two professors from my major that I want to major in, engineering,”
    Siverand said. “I don’t think any other university would do that. I know I’m going to be taking an official visit to Texas next year.”

“My mom, she said she could see me going there because she likes the staff and they have good mentors, and she likes coach Brown because he’s honest,”
    Siverand said. “That’s the one thing she really liked about the coaches, they’re honest.”

“It’s still a long way away,”
    Siverand said. “I did not tell them I was going to commit or anything and they got excited and said I might commit. That wasn’t what I said. I just have to watch what I say.”

“Texas rolled out the red carpet for me, they did all this for me and they really want me,”
    he said. “It’s been meaningful to me. Like I said, I could see myself at Texas someday.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Take a look at these Texas Longhorn yoga poses. I'm a big fan of "the Diaz" and the "AD Head in the Sand":

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/fan_shot_im...1/lhn-yoga.jpg

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Several unofficial reports that WR Emanuel Porter is on campus and has committed to Texas.
    As of an hour ago, 24/7 saying he's not quite in Austin yet but his mother is with him. This should get done today.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WR Emanuel Porter is in the books, per 24/7.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Geoff Ketchum ‏@gkketch 26sApparently, we've seen the second "sike!!!" moment of the day. Nothing official yet with Emmanuel Porter... Yet is a key word.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I honestly believe this is the first time I've seen Jermaine Roberts being close to smile on a picture. The person on the left goes as "Coach Lee", but I'm not sure if that's St. Augustines head coach?

Another one alongside Quandre Diggs

Post Count
    I don't get why the practice field is grass but the stadium surface is turf. Stupid.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The outside practice field is grass and the bubble is turf...

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 saying Texas is hosting a punter today. Corbin Daly of Charlotte, NC is in town.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/596720/#highlights/43852373
    committed

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Another one alongside Quandre Diggs
    wtf kinda filter is that

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So is Porter committed or not? Who is the decommit that wants to recommit?

Thread Information