Page 67 of 207 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 5170
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Latest with RB Daje Johnson (24/7):

"I’ve been working out with my trainer, Jimel Cofer, every day,” said Johnson. “He’s a former player who played for Michigan State, so he has a good grasp on what to do. I’ve been pushing myself hard every single day, working with him. We train hard. He has Bennie’s workouts and he’s incorporated those with his as well. It’s really paid off. I feel like I’ve gotten bigger, which is the main thing I’ve wanted to do. I also feel like I’ve gotten faster and have been doing a lot of speed training.”

“I just felt it would be in my best interest to not run track for my school,” Johnson explained. “I work out every single day. I’m just trying to focus on being the best for football. Don’t get me wrong, track workouts are good, but football is more important to me. Actually, the work outs that I do have track workouts in them, but they prepare you more for football and having better football speed, rather than just running on a track. So to me, it makes more sense for me to do that.”

“I am really looking forward to it,” he told Hookem.com. “We are supposed to report on June 4th and, to be honest, it can’t get here quick enough. I’m ready to grind on the field every single day. I’ve already set goals for myself and plan to hit them all the first year. I want to see the field immediately, from the start, and plan to do just that. I’m going to work hard to do my part to get the Horns back to where they belong.”

“I’m going to be doing everything it sounds like,” Johnson said. “I’ll be like a regular running back, a utility back, lining up all over the backfield, lining up in the slot, playing wideout and just rotating through all of those. I’ll also be on kickoff returns it sounds like, which is right up my alley. They just want me to get in open space, because they know that’s where I’m the most dangerous. I’m ready to get some of those screen passes, hitch passes or a go route to get me out there. I know I can do some damage once that happens. I’ll have a chance to show off my speed.”

“They want to try me there (in the Wildcat),” Johnson said while laughing. “I’ve actually run it some throughout high school, but for the most part I’d just get the ball and run. I never passed, even though I wanted to. I guess my coach didn’t trust me putting the ball in the air! I can throw though and can put it deep. I’m going to give it a shot for sure and am looking forward to it.”

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2013 DE Daeshon Hall Wavering on Texas?

http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2012/...ering-on-texas

The athletic DE from Lancaster committed to the Longhorns in late February after a whirlwind recruitment, but has since made visits to Baylor's pro day and had an unofficial visit to Texas A&M. Hall may have been accompanying teammates and it's not clear what his intentions were, but where there are smokescreens, there may be fire. Mack Brown has not tolerated recruits making visits - unofficial or otherwise - while committed to Texas, but a thin year at DE in-state and an inability to grab a commitment from Alief's Torrodney Prevot , may be granting us a tolerance borne of necessity.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Wescott Eberts ‏ @SBN_Wescott
    Multiple reports now that Texas won't be pursuing Trinity Valley CC DT Quincy Russell, the 2011 signee who failed to qualify.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Wescott Eberts ‏ @SBN_Wescott
    Multiple reports now that Texas won't be pursuing Trinity Valley CC DT Quincy Russell, the 2011 signee who failed to qualify.
    This is definitely true. He texted 24/7 yesterday to let them know that Texas will be moving on.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Could 2014 OL Cameron Robinson from Monroe, LA already have an offer from UT? You wonder if the UT staff being filled with former SEC guys has convinced Mack to get on top of the elite prospects as early as possible. Here's the latest from Robinson:

"Coach (Stacy) Searels actually came by on Wednesday. We were having spring practices. I think I showed him what he wanted to see. After he left, he pretty much told me he saw what he wanted to see."

"I talked to coach (Mack) Brown and he offered me that morning on the phone. He had told me that coach Searels would be stopping by."

"Mack Brown called my coach. My coach had told me that we needed to call him and he wanted to speak with me. So we called him on Wednesday morning. He basically said he saw my film and he liked what they saw on they were offering."

"I don't want to say it's guaranteed, but I'd say it's about 90 percent that I'll go to one of their camps," Robinson said. "Either my head coach or one of my assistants would bring me up."

"They're definitely in my top three, along with Alabama and LSU," Robinson said.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A couple more quotes from 2014 DE Hoza Scott:

“Major Applewhite, I talked to him yesterday on the phone,” Scott said Wednesday. “He was telling me I’m a great football player and when it’s time to offer a scholarship they’re going to offer me. He wants me to get up there to meet coach Mack Brown because he only offers scholarships in person. He said ‘My coach he really wants to see you,’ so I’m going to try and get out there.”

“He’s (Manny Diaz) supposed to be coming down here next week to come watch me practice,” he said. “That’s what coach Applewhite told me.”

“My decision, I’m going to make it after football season next year,” Scott said. “That way after that I can just focus on football and not worry.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per 24/7, Major Applewhite and Bruce Chambers were at Beaumont West Brook yesterday to see DE Caleb Bluiett. It is official that he will be moving to TE once he gets to campus in June.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 reporting that 2014 OL Demetrius Knox from Fort Worth All Saints has received his coveted Ohio State offer. One of the top offensive lineman in the state for that class could be off of the board soon.

"I don't know how I'm not crying right now."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Looks like VY will land with the Buffalo Bills. Tweet from DE Mario Williams:

bbwolf90
    Congrats to @VinceYoung glad to have you!

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Looks like VY will land with the Buffalo Bills. Tweet from DE Mario Williams:

bbwolf90
    Congrats to @VinceYoung glad to have you!

@VinceYoung: I have always respected the Bills organization and am looking forward to being a part of the team

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    @VinceYoung: I have always respected the Bills organization and am looking forward to being a part of the team
    the bills don't even respect the bills organization

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RB Dontre Wilson told OrangeBloods this evening that he's definitely pushing his commitment back. He may not even make a decision in 2012.

From Twitter verse

max_olson Robbie Rhodes confirmed what we've been hearing: He's not committing to Texas tomorrow. Baylor still the favorite

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Any news on the possible commit this weekend?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Pics from the state track meet:

S Adrian Colbert

OL Kennedy Estelle

ATH Kendall Sanders

CB Antwuan Davis

WR Robbie Rhodes

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Results from the state track meet:

ATH Kendall Sanders finished 4th in the long jump at 23' 1".

OL Kennedy Estelle finished 3rd in the shotput with 60' 8".

WR Robbie Rhodes wins 1st in the 200m at 21.06 seconds.
    -part of 1st place 4x100
    -part of 2nd place 4x200

CB Antwuan Davis took 2nd in the 100m at 10.58 (lost by .01 seconds).

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Aaron Green to TCU. Not ideal since I saw him play us in high school every year and he's pretty darn good.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    HornsNation Q&A with DE Hassan Ridgeway:

http://espn.go.com/colleges/texas/fo...assan-ridgeway

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Any news on the possible commit this weekend?
    Like BevoBoom posted above, Rhodes isn't expected to pull the trigger this weekend. However, OrangeBloods says they spoke to someone close to Rhodes last night and they think he could make a decision in the upcoming week. That was before he met with the Texas staff. His interest in Baylor is genuine but a weekend in Austin is usually a good thing.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    FSU Board Chairman blasts new ACC deal and says the response from the fanbase has been overwhelmingly negative:

"It's mind-boggling and shocking," said Haggard. "How can the ACC give up third tier rights for football but keep them for basketball?"

"It continues the perception that the ACC favors the North Carolina schools," noted Haggard.

"How do you not look into that option," asked Haggard. "On behalf of the Board of Trustees I can say that unanimously we would be in favor of seeing what the Big 12 might have to offer. We have to do what is in Florida State's best interest."

"With the SEC making the kind of money it does it's time to act," said Haggard. "You can't sit back and be content in the ACC. This is a different time financially. This isn't 10-15 years ago when money was rolling in."

"No FSU graduate puts on his resume or interviews for a job saying they are in the same conference as Duke and Virginia," he said. "Conference affiliation really has no impact on academics."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Jimbo Fisher:

"There have been no official talks, but I think you always have to look out there to see what's best for Florida State. If that [jumping to the Big 12] is what's best for Florida State, then that's what we need to do."

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The reality was bad, however. The initial bump in television revenue is actually just over $1 million a year, sources said, and a total in the $12 million range next season. The deal is back loaded so the bigger money comes in escalator provisions that, considering how broadcast rights keep growing, probably will be below market by the time any sizeable gains are realized.
    That additional $4 million per school, per year? That won't come until 2021, nine years in, sources said.
    Privately, almost everyone was troubled by the deal.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...GlvbnM-;_ylv=3

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The reality was bad, however. The initial bump in television revenue is actually just over $1 million a year, sources said, and a total in the $12 million range next season. The deal is back loaded so the bigger money comes in escalator provisions that, considering how broadcast rights keep growing, probably will be below market by the time any sizeable gains are realized.
    That additional $4 million per school, per year? That won't come until 2021, nine years in, sources said.
    Privately, almost everyone was troubled by the deal.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...GlvbnM-;_ylv=3
    This is going to be fun and help us get through the long summer.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This is going to be fun and help us get through the long summer.

It's a lot more fun when talk is focused on FSU, Miami, Clemson, etc as opposed to Louisville or Cincinnati.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    S Adrian Colbert won state in the 200m with a time of 21.45. Can't wait to watch this kid play safety.

Thread Information