Page 68 of 207 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 5170
    Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Max Olson ‏ @max_olson
    A few notes on what's new with Jake Raulerson. Looks like the Texas commit will play DE and...long snap? http://es.pn/JoAn6E #longhorns

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Latest with ATH Kendall Sanders:

"It's wonderful to be here (at the state track meet) because I really didn't put in the work to be able to come here," Sanders said. "So I just felt blessed to be able to come here and be in the top 9 … actually the top 4. I just love that I was able to come up here and compete."

"I really didn't worry about track this year. I was focused about football. I'm getting ready to come into Texas and play football," Sanders said. "They're going to start me out on offense first. I'm coming in positive. I like offense. I want to play receiver. So I'm coming in trying to soak in everything from Jaxon Shipley, Mike Davis and all the great receivers there and just learn the receiver position and try to master it and get out there on the field."

"You just have to stay on it (with Wylie's workout)," he said. "They're long workouts and they burn because when we get up there you do it with speed. You can't just do one and then take a 20 minute break and then do another one. You have to continue to do it."

"I'm ready for it. I've been trying to train my body for it and my mind," he said.

"We're (Sanders and Dalton Santos) pushing each other every day at APEX," Sanders said. "He gets me sometimes on the weights but sometimes he gets tired and I push him and I can get him. I get him in the speed workouts. I take pride in that part because he's fast to be that big. We have a great time working out."

"When they first offered me I was really excited and like, 'I have to go to Texas,'" Sanders said. "Then I started thinking about it and I was like, 'Which one is for me?' That's when I went to my family because I didn't do it before (on the Oklahoma State commitment) and I wasn't happy with the decision. So I went to my family and we prayed about it and we came out with Texas. I just felt good about Texas."

"Three weeks, I'm counting them down," he said. "I'm ready."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Random fact on WR Robbie Rhodes from 24/7...his father was a high school teammate of RB Johnathan Gray's father. The two families have been in contact recently.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    HornsNation Q&A with DT Paul Boyette, Jr.:

http://espn.go.com/colleges/texas/fo...aul-boyette-jr

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LB Raaquan Davis of Rockwall-Heath has committed to Baylor:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n-Davis-125649

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2014 CB Darrion Johnson of Brenham has been offered by OU.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Latest with DE/LB Mike Mitc (24/7):

“The Longhorns are definitely a team I like,” he told Hookem.com. “Texas is the school in our state. They’re the big, key school. Everyone wants to play for Texas. Getting out there and playing with kids from your state and representing your state is awesome.”

“Texas has recently stopped by to see me,” said Mitc . “It was actually the wide receivers coach, Coach (Darrell) Wyatt. What he basically said, was that Texas was still in the evaluation process. They’re looking at a few different players at different positions, so I’m just sitting and waiting to see what they are going to do.”

“I actually had a chance to visit a while back,” said Mitc . “They invited me down for their junior day, so I attended that. It was a great time and I had a lot of fun. The whole visit was awesome. I really liked the facilities and the stadium was awesome too.”

“I really like Coach (Manny) Diaz,” Mitc said. “He’s just an awesome coach and great guy. My dad and I had a chance to sit down with him to talk for a while when we were down there. He’s a very knowledgeable coach who knows what he’s doing when it comes to my position and running the entire defense. He is someone who I could see myself playing for.”

“If Texas did offer,” explained Mitc , “then that would put them right in the thick of things for me. They would shoot up the list for sure. Like I said, I like Texas. They’re a great school. So for them to offer would definitely be a big deal for me.”

“There’s a few other schools I really like as well,” explained Mitc . “As for in-state, I like TCU, Baylor and Texas A&M. Other ones that are out of state are Oregon, Ohio State, Vanderbilt and Ole Miss. I have some visits set up this summer. I’m going to hit up plenty of the schools around the state of Texas, so that may change as far as favorites go. I am keeping my options open right now though.”

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Scroll past the football info for some important info on UT. This doesn't sound good at all.
    It's free.
    http://insidetexas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30205

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from S Adrian Colbert:

"He (UT Track coach, Bubba Thornton) just put it in my head that if this was the place for me, I should just do it (commit to Texas) now. I slept on it that night and knew this was what I wanted and he was right," Colbert said.

"I have fond memories (of committing to UT). Vivid memories actually. I can tell you everything about it," Colbert said. "We were in his (Mack's) office, his wife was in there as well with my whole family. Him and his wife were playing with my baby brother. Then we were just talking and I told him I was ready, I was ready to change my commitment to Texas. My parents and my family all loved it."

"I'm ready for that (football workouts). That's been on my mind a lot lately," Colbert said. "It's been purely track lately. I'll start working on footwork, getting back in the weight room, just getting out on the field and working, getting ready to go to Texas."

"It's just a natural feel for it. When I first came to town (for the state track meet), I was actually asleep. It woke me up. I just felt this feeling that I was there. It just gives me a great feeling in my heart. I'm home," Colbert said.

"The coaches haven't really told me anything about playing time. They just expect me to come in and work hard, maybe I'll get that shot. That's what I'm looking forward to," Colbert said. "Wherever they need me, that's where I'll be."

"I'm very physical, very physical when I'm on the field. People just haven't seen that yet," Colbert said. "I'll show them. When I put the pads on and bring the speed to you, it's going to hurt."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from DE Daeshon Hall (24/7):

“I thought it would be over and done with (after committing to Texas),” Hall said. “But I still see these schools coming after me. It's a process.”

“I'm still committed to Texas,” Hall said. “I'm just committed to Texas. That's it.”

“The coaches told me to communicate with them if I wanted to go somewhere,” Hall said. “It's just one of those deals. I'm happy with my commitment.”

“It's pretty tough,” Hall said of having schools trying to get him to change his mind. “But if you know what you want you can handle it. Texas is a great place to be.”

“Coach Giles has treated me like family,” Hall said. “Coach Chambers, too.”

“The best part is the all attention you get and when you walk down the street people know who you are,” Hall said. “The worst part is the stories that get out about you that are false.”

“That's just a rumor (about moving home to Washington),” Hall said. “I'm just playing AAU basketball there, but I'm coming back. I'll be back in the fall.”

“I'm looking forward to just working with Coach Giles and seeing how we work together,” Hall said.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quick quotes from the mother of WR Robbie Rhodes. Told OrangeBloods it was a "near perfect" visit.

"I kid you not. Me, Robbie, my brother, all of us - we have a high respect for coach Brown and his staff. I can't find anything bad to say at all," Mrs. Rhodes said. "I went home and talked to my husband about it (he was not able to attend the meeting)."

"I'm just like y'all, I'm in the dark. I live at home with Robbie, me and my husband, and even we don't know where he's going to go," Mrs. Rhodes said.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    USC picked up the #2 RB (according to Rivals) in the country today:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...i75Vy64AlGPZB4

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Scroll past the football info for some important info on UT. This doesn't sound good at all.
    It's free.
    http://insidetexas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30205
    I already sent a message via fax, email, and called to Rick Perry supporting Bill Powers and promising not to vote for him if he leaves his position, I would encourage you all do the same.

Mailing Address:
    Texans for Rick Perry
    PMB 217, P.O. Box 2013
    Austin, TX 78768
    Phone:
    512-478-3276
    Fax:
    512-478-4734
    General Email:
    [email protected]

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DB Maurice Smith picked up an offer from Michigan today.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 has released their national Top 100 for the 2014 class. Important names to remember:

5.) OT, Cameron Robinson, Ouachita Parish (Monroe, LA) (6-5, 320)

10.) CB, Edward Paris, Mansfield Timberview (6-1, 190)

24.) DE, Solomon Thomas, Coppell (6-3, 251)

27.) DE, Hoza Scott, La Porte (6-3, 225)

28.) OT, Demetrius Knox, Fort Worth All Saints (6-5, 300)

36.) CB, Nick Watkins, Dallas Bishop Dunne (6-0, 170)

52.) QB, Jerrod Heard, Denton Guyer (6-2, 175)

61.) WR/DB, Devion Hall, Texarkana Liberty-Eylau (6-2, 180)

65.) ATH, Nick Harvey, Lancaster (5-10, 175)

71.) S, Patrick Mahomes, Whitehouse (6-3, 185)

76.) WR, KD Cannon, Mount Pleasant (6-0, 155)

88.) S, Jamal Adams, Carrollton Hebron (6-0, 185)

95.) RB, Donald Catalon, Aldine Eisenhower (5-11, 190)

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Best film of DE/LB Mike Mitc that I've seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVCjF...ature=youtu.be

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Top 24/7 for 2014 expands to 100:

http://247sports.com/Recruit/Top-247/2014

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Very Impressive!! I think he could transition to DE if needed as well. That should increases his value for Texas especially if Torrodney continues to slow play his recruitment and Hall keeps a wondering eye.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    From Baylor 24/7 on Big XII additions:

------------------------
    About three weeks ago, one of my sources on conference realignment called. I thought he was just calling to catch up and say " o."

I was wrong.

The BCS meetings regarding a college football playoff at the FBS level were approaching, and he told me to watch carefully what came out of those meetings.

Soon after the ACC schools received their new ESPN contract - which averaged $17 million per school, per year over 15 years - the news leaked of a Big 12 contract for the top two tiers in the range of $20 million apiece. That meant two tiers of the Big 12 was valued at $3 million more than all three tiers of ACC programming.

At that time, at least 10 universities started a market research study on the value of their tier three rights, which remain in possession by Big 12 schools after equally distributing the top two tiers.

Louisville, Pitt, Miami, Florida State, Clemson, Maryland, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, Georgia Tech, and BYU all received their studies and went to media outlets to gauge the monetary value.

Notre Dame would receive the largest amount, followed by Florida State, Clemson, Georgia Tech, and Virginia Tech. The others were all told that their rights were valued in the $4 million range.

Last Thursday, intermediaries from several schools reached out to decision makers to start conversations about possibly moving to the Big 12.

On Saturday, the Chairman of Florida State's Board of Trustees blasted the ACC contract - especially in terms of the ins utions where football was more of a focus than basetball.

Another detail that came to light was that the new ACC contract was backloaded - with members not receiving the $17 million until 2021. The Big 12 deal had a greater rate of acceleration, with schools receiving the $20 million by 2015 - when the rumored ESPN contract would go into effect.

As of today, the ESPN Big 12 contract has not been signed. Escalator clauses in the contract for getting back to 12 teams will raise the contract northward of $25 million per team. The media contracts for the Big 12 will reopen for negotiation if the league expands past 12 teams.

At this time, the Big 12 powers are happy with the thought of 12 teams and a new conference championship game. However, a few of the league's major players would like the contract to reopen for possibly more money by going to 14 teams.

With 14 teams, expected payouts would be approximately $28 million per school, with another $2 million or so per team coming from a conference championship game. And remember, the schools also have their tier 3 rights - unlike the ACC.

Florida State and Clemson coaches have been told a possible move to the Big 12 was under way, and to be ready for this on the road recruiting.

Secondly, our sources also state a Big 12 Tier 3 Network for the schools without the pull of a Texas or OU could form and would likely mean an additional $4 million to $6 million for those ins utions. This would ensure constant programming for either Fox Sports or ESPN to show in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and other conference markets. Adding two ACC schools would further the reach of this network.

Originally Texas and OU were wanting to remain at 10 schools in the conference, but they began to consider expansion when the tier 3 studies were done by the other schools. The ability of the Big 12 to attract national brands such as Florida State and Clemson raised the bar a bit for a conference long-since stabilized by a 13-year grant of rights by its members.

The next obstacle is finding the right teams to add - and how many. There are several suitors for the additional two or four seats. The issue remains which schools could increase the current contract to the maximum projected $28 million.

Our sources have told us decisions could be made by May 30, when the Big 12 has its annual membership meeting.

All situations can change. However, according to people we trust, if Clemson and Florida State inform the ACC of their decision to leave - and the schools complete the application process for Big 12 membership - then discussions could take place at the May meeting.

It is unclear if the power brokers in the conference would rubber-stamp the applications, or if a school like Texas or Oklahoma would balk at FSU and Clemson being the first two added to the conference ranks.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A&M commit Ishmael Wilson just picked up coveted offer from LSU.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A&M commit Ishmael Wilson just picked up coveted offer from LSU.
    How long before he switches?

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    How long before he switches?
    We might not know when exactly, but with his love for LSU and A&M's reputation of decommits... we can almost call it inevitable.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm laughing right now.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    New JUCO name on the radar. DE Marcus Hardison of Dodge City CC (Dodge City, KS) has been called on by Bo Davis. The two were not able to speak directly but Davis spoke with one of his assistant coaches recently. Things are in the beginning stages and Hardison mentioned that despite being a Florida native, Texas has been his favorite school since he saw VY play against Michigan in the Rose Bowl. He also said he'd visit Austin "in a heartbeat" if the staff wanted him to come down. Some notable offers he's holding currently: Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, K-State, Oklahoma, OK State, Texas A&M, South Florida and West Virginia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH7h5Zvnb_4

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Alabama is the latest to offer 2014 OL Demetrius Knox of Fort Worth All Saints. He's also been invited to the Rivals Five-Star Challenge later this summer. He will be at the top of Texas' board (have to fight off Ohio State) along with 2014 OL Cameron Robinson of Monroe, LA.

"They're all great," Knox said of the early offers. "Alabama, being the No.1 team in the nation, for the head coach just to call me up in my coach's office and talk to me one on one, say how much he likes my game, and I'm only a sop re, , that's just crazy."

"That's a great opportunity (to attend the Rivals Five-Star Challenge). Only about 20 people in my grade get to do it. I'm not taking that for granted," Knox said. "I'm going to come out and show everybody that I'm supposed to be there, that I belong."

"I've talked to them (the UT staff) about Texas and how much they're interested in me," Knox said. "I know pretty much a lot about Texas. What stands out is basically almost the same thing that stands out about Alabama. Everything there is grade A. It's the best, They're good at getting you ready for next level in the NFL. And if that doesn't work out, they have so many alumni there that can help you with jobs and things."

"It's going to change a lot. But I like Texas, Ohio State, Alabama, Oklahoma, UCLA, Florida and Oregon," Knox said. "I've been researching a bit. I really and truly want to major in either English or computer engineering. Academics are very important to me. And all those schools have a great team environment, how they gel with each other. They're not selfish at all about their team."

"The things I think I do well, if you see me in practice or in a game, one thing you can see is that I never give up, never quit. I go until the ref blows that whistle. I'm in your face trying to push you to the ground. If you hit the ground, I'm on to the next guy. Sometimes I'm on camera more than the running backs. I'm aggressive and I like hitting you," Knox said. "I still have to get better with my upper body strength. I want to get my bench up past my weight. I think my lower body is pretty solid right now."

Thread Information