Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC is a team with a FO made up of re s, Durant should jump ship asap before they run him into the ground or disable him
    Their FO is actually smart. It's their owner who is a re .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, nothing wrong with their front office. They can't do anything if their owner won't sign off on it.

Isn't that what happened with Harden? The owner didn't want to pay him what he was asking? So they were forced to trade him. I'm sure their FO weren't the ones who wanted to let him go or didn't think he was worth what he was asking, were they?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matt Moore sums up the task Westbook is facing nicely here, even if he isn't very good at counting:

And this illustrates the impossible position that Westbrook is in. There are only three ways this goes down for Westbrook in the time Durant's gone.

1. The team thrives with Westbrook taking a bigger role, putting up huge numbers, and the debate over whether he's a proper or functional "Scottie Pippen"-type role player increases. He will be simultaneously lauded for stepping up in Durant's absence but there will be the inevitable "how will the Thunder adjust when Durant comes back/can Russell Westbrook go back to deferring to Kevin Durant?" narratives flying about.

2. The team thrives in the way that Brooks and Westbrook discuss, through a team effort without Westbrook really doing more, and perhaps even struggling, leading to the question of what exactly makes Westbrook so special if the team is fine without Durant and without Westbrook going ballistic.

3. The team struggles while Westbrook puts up numbers, furthering the idea that Westbrook is "selfish" and a gunner who only cares about putting up shots (despite his stellar assist figures). This is the worst-case scenario, in which Westbrook does what is asked of him, but takes criticism because that performance doesn't lead to a quality team performance.

4. The team struggles as Westbrook does, and he takes the bulk of the blame and a wide-net is cast around the idea that Westbrook isn't a true "best player on the team" guy. You would think this is the worst case scenario, but somehow being incapable of leading a team is superior to being capable of putting up the performance but not the corresponding wins (which he's not actually responsible for).

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So says the moron who thinks he knows the owner of OKC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So says the moron who thinks he knows the owner of OKC.
    es about derailing in another thread then derails this one.
    still butthurt

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should be thankful he has a Jones fracture versus a fractured Johnson.

Thread Information