Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was contemplating whether to get the 360 or PS3 version, now I know. Screw it, I don't think I'm upgrading my PC soon and I want to play this game now. 360 here I come.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 360 version is what I'm playing and it looks and plays very nicely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm so glad I have a good enough laptop for this game... won't miss out on the mods.

I leveled up like 2 or 3 levels just shooting arrows at the mammoths (tried it out since I can't kill the damn things).. it leveled me up so fast that I just kept doing it..

I drew one of them out ... and made it chase me towards a bridge, and thats where I killed it, since it can't get me when I'm under it.. it took forever but I finally did.. at level 10 when can you kill these things?

I don't know what it is.. but I just can't finish a game without trying to level up, but I'm going to stop doing that with this game.. if someone "finished" it at level 20... then maybe I should do that first.. some of the side quests are kind of hard at 11.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Another mod I like: FXAA Post Process Injector

BEFORE

AFTER

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's not that long when you follow the main quest (killing Alduin)

But it looks like it doesn't quite end there... I'm still going with it. I would suspect there's some kind of end video at some point.

I'm level 20 and only have trouble sometimes with Frost Dragons...
    I don't get it. In "good" RPGs you cannot finish the game without the experience that side quests give you. In other words you cannot possibly finish the game without considerable side quests.

Are you saying you can finish the game without any side quest experience?

that sucks. are you on "easy" level or something. I don't like the fact that the game is that easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nevermind a quick search does reveal ppl think this game is too easy:
    "Skyrim is like Oblivion for Dummies."

"Bethesda has said that they want to make the game more accessible to everyone this time around"

meh, I don't really like that. I am used to playing RPGs like daggerfall, neverwinter nights. Even Oblivion was somewhat challenging at parts. this thing looks good but looks like my 4 year old cousin could beat it

Live by what you Speak. DarkReign's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    nevermind a quick search does reveal ppl think this game is too easy:
    "Skyrim is like Oblivion for Dummies."

"Bethesda has said that they want to make the game more accessible to everyone this time around"

meh, I don't really like that. I am used to playing RPGs like daggerfall, neverwinter nights. Even Oblivion was somewhat challenging at parts. this thing looks good but looks like my 4 year old cousin could beat it
    I am playing on Adept difficulty level and I am finally, at lvl16, slightly OP against enemies. Only because I have the very best gear money can buy (along with Lydia being in Twice Improved Dwarven armor from head to toe) and my gear is all enchanted with +magicka and regen and -20% Magicka in Destruction.

Now I can finally stand to a dragon without running away/around things to break line of sight. Giants are still very difficult in pairs (as in, run away!) and I havent even tried to tackle a mammoth.

Up until now, I really had to plan the tough fights through before engaging (dragons, giants, groups of trolls, sabres, mages in general). I wouldnt say the game is uber-difficult, but I wouldnt say its easy either.

Those people ing about ease probably didnt realize that when you enter a dungeon, it locks your level forever in that dungeon. Meaning, if I am lvl1 and am running around exploring everything I see, all of those dungeons you enter are now full of lvl1 difficulty enemies forever. So if you did a lot of exploring, you might be disappointed when you get on in the game and have to revisit a dungeon full of noobs.

Bethesda wanted to avoid the Oblivion unrealism of encountering road bandits in glass armor and weapons. Makes sense.

Mods will make this game infinitely more replayable. A mod that will most likely assign static levels for every enemy in game, no scaling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get it. In "good" RPGs you cannot finish the game without the experience that side quests give you. In other words you cannot possibly finish the game without considerable side quests.

Are you saying you can finish the game without any side quest experience?

that sucks. are you on "easy" level or something. I don't like the fact that the game is that easy.
    Well, I did do a few side quests. But I still have at least 8 or so side quests started and a list-full under Miscellaneous which is stuff that starts new side quests or menial tasks.

Last night I started playing the Magic College side quest and it's pretty cool. I'm still working on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The game difficulty is just right, and you can make it harder if you want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn! This thread was making me want to buy it but thanks to CBF's post I'm steering clear.
    Supposedly Bethesda is working on a patch to fix, hopefully very soon. Cuz it makes more sense for me to buy a PS3 over a 360, and i want to buy this thing by christmas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The game difficulty is just right, and you can make it harder if you want.
    that is in the eye of the beholder. that reminds me Eye of the Beholder was another RPG that was hard as but so good...

miss the "real" RPGs. you know, the ones you would not be able to beat in 2 weeks even if you quit your job and your family

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    This game probably isn't as deep as Oblivion in terms of sheer amount of loot, etc. No huge, algorithm designed dungeons/mazes just packed with high level armor and weaponry. No spells in septuple or more with almost no variation between them. No armor/weapon condition rating and repair hammer system. No novice all the way up through master level calcinators and alembics- just alchemy labs. In that sense it's more accessible, read easier. And I kind of miss some of that stuff, but it's not like Skyrim isn't plenty deep or doesn't have A TON of things going for it that Oblivion didn't. As far as the ease of combat- it feels about the same as Oblivion to me. But that's not the point, if you're playing this game for a pure combat challenge to expand the completion time, you're doing it wrong. If you want that, go get an fps and crank the difficulty to eleven.

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    My biggest quibble with the game is the dual wield system actually handicapping you in some ways. In Oblivion I could carry a torch in my left hand (which provided natural light and made me feel cool) and a sword in my right hand. With that sword I could block. I could also cast spells with that hand. Perfect. Now it's a choice between using the off hand for blocking or casting. Can't do both anymore with the primary hand. Bah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no I'm not talking about just combat level. Just difficulty as RPG should be. For example, in a good RPG you cannot beat this Ogre unless you are at level 26 and have this crystal sword which you need to obtain by completing these 7 side quests.

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    Eh, I'm 17 hours in, level 12- and I still get ed up on the regular. I mean, I'm sure there are games out there that are more difficult our whatever... But I couldn't imagine not playing Skyrim because of that. Dude, it's a game where you have four way fights with giants, dragons and ing woolly mammoths. It's an insanely good game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oblivion's combat and difficulty adjustments were much tier though. In Oblivion all turning the difficulty up does is make your attacks weaker and the enemy's stronger. Playing a "standard" style on the hardest difficulty (or even close to the hardest difficulty) in that game is impossible - it takes dozens of hits to kill even the tiest of enemies, like the first rats in the sewer, while they kill you in 1-2 hits always.. there's literally no strategy that's effective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you want hard, just pick up demon/dark souls. Its impossible to please everyone but it looks like - from the outside since I haven't played it - that Skyrim has done a great job of pleasing a lot of people.

Live by what you Speak. DarkReign's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    This game probably isn't as deep as Oblivion in terms of sheer amount of loot, etc. No huge, algorithm designed dungeons/mazes just packed with high level armor and weaponry. No spells in septuple or more with almost no variation between them. No armor/weapon condition rating and repair hammer system. No novice all the way up through master level calcinators and alembics- just alchemy labs. In that sense it's more accessible, read easier. And I kind of miss some of that stuff, but it's not like Skyrim isn't plenty deep or doesn't have A TON of things going for it that Oblivion didn't. As far as the ease of combat- it feels about the same as Oblivion to me. But that's not the point, if you're playing this game for a pure combat challenge to expand the completion time, you're doing it wrong. If you want that, go get an fps and crank the difficulty to eleven.
    Good take. I have a memory that could only be graciously described as "unreliable", so thats why you dont see me compare games of the same series too often.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I did do a few side quests. But I still have at least 8 or so side quests started and a list-full under Miscellaneous which is stuff that starts new side quests or menial tasks.

Last night I started playing the Magic College side quest and it's pretty cool. I'm still working on it.
    Thats where I'm at, and I'm level 11 still haven't gotten the horn, and for some reason I lost Lydia when I joined the Companions.. and the mage dude that was with me disappeared when he was helping me -_-

My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    I'm only level 14 and I think the game is hard on adept. Granted, I use mainly destruction and the spells in skyrim don't level at all compared to archery and melee. Snow trolls and dragons are still really hard for me, requiring me to use a load of potions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats where I'm at, and I'm level 11 still haven't gotten the horn, and for some reason I lost Lydia when I joined the Companions.. and the mage dude that was with me disappeared when he was helping me -_-
    When you lose Lydia in that Companions quest, you can get her back by going to Dragonsreach. She should be sitting at the table.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you lose Lydia in that Companions quest, you can get her back by going to Dragonsreach. She should be sitting at the table.
    thanks... I'll do that after I finish this particular quest, hopefully with not too many deaths.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually like they got rid of the Oblivion's repair weapons. It was just a copout. Load up on repair hammers and off you go. It really ended up being a waste of inventory. Plus it was ridiculous: Kill 2 monsters and your anium axe is half-broken? It was like weapons were made in China or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    repair? mmm reminds me of this good game called Betrayal at Krondor. Repairing was a great part of the game cause you actually got better at repairing stuff and could even go above 100% which would make the weapon/equipment more powerful

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CBF owes me his life, so ill just take his new PS3

Thread Information