Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the vaccine is hit or miss, that's ok but the test that's 80% accurate with high specificity, that's just a scam.

Jesus.
    No its not a scam. YOU stated that, I did not. It's for you to get the in bed and to tell the doc if you must go in what OVERALL broad strain you had.

Again you try and change my argument. This is like an addiction for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just got a flu shot. Not sure if it really works or not but I cant remember the last time I got the flu. maybe as a kid

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's correct then? Honest question
    The flu shot is designed to provide full immunity to the 3 or 4 (depending on type of vaccine) influenza strains that are in the vaccine. There are literally thousands of strains present each year globally so the vaccine manufacturers make their best guess as to which strains will be most prevalent each season. Some years they guess well and some years they don't.

The vaccine can lessen symptoms and duration of illness from other strains if they are similar enough to the strains in the vaccine. I think that's what Pelicans was thinking of.

Universal flu vaccines are currently being tested which target proteins common to all or most influenza strains. A universal vaccine would provide long term protection the way most other vaccines do. Still years away though.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://yournewswire.com/trump-flu-shot-scam/
    The flu shot is the greatest scam in medical history, created by Big Pharma to make money off vulnerable people and make them sick, warns President
    Big Pharma has much bigger scams than $10 flu shots, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just got a flu shot. Not sure if it really works or not but I cant remember the last time I got the flu. maybe as a kid
    I got the flu when I was 19. Knocked the out of me for a week and a half bad enough that I still remember it 31 years later. Don't ever want to go through that again so I get a flu shot every year. It's cheap and safe so why not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No its not a scam. YOU stated that, I did not. It's for you to get the in bed and to tell the doc if you must go in what OVERALL broad strain you had.

Again you try and change my argument. This is like an addiction for you.
    So do you think it's due diligence for everyone to wear a mask? You never know who's carrying it and who isn't, so shouldn't everyone wear a mask?

If not, and you just do it for the sake of your conscience, I don't have an issue with it. Just don't get all felt up because others don't. I don't need to inject into me to fix a problem I don't have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No im speaking to both. If you contract and get on a plane, instead of staying put, it's not a good thing. Because planes are easier places to contract it, or give it to others, and then you go to an airport, change planes and the process continues. You know exactly what I am talking about now. Maybe not when you were speaking to washing down your entire field on an airplane and eating mints, but you do now.
    You just said you've never had symptoms but you could be a carrier. How do you know you contracted it if you are asymptomatic? So should someone never travel during "flu season"? Some people travel for work, so you don't really have a choice.

I always clean my tray table and the air vent. I clean areas around me (comes from my cooking days and cleanroom days). I carry antiseptic wipes in my bag, use them all the time. The pretzel bag makes a nice disposal bag for them. The urinal mints I obviously rinse with that fresh water they pour down that white porcelain "sink", I do it a few times (I'm not a pig you know).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't need to inject into me to fix a problem I don't have.
    You've never been vaccinated?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've never been vaccinated?
    I didn't do it to myself. (see how two can play that stupid philo game?)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just said you've never had symptoms but you could be a carrier. How do you know you contracted it if you are asymptomatic? So should someone never travel during "flu season"? Some people travel for work, so you don't really have a choice.

I always clean my tray table and the air vent. I clean areas around me (comes from my cooking days and cleanroom days). I carry antiseptic wipes in my bag, use them all the time. The pretzel bag makes a nice disposal bag for them. The urinal mints I obviously rinse with that fresh water they pour down that white porcelain "sink", I do it a few times (I'm not a pig you know).
    I don't know.
    So....
    I get vaccinated now. This is the point.For the last 6 years in fact. So it's much more likely that I don't have the virus to spread far and wide. I know people who are epidemiologsts and they explained this to me when I said I did not get the flu vaccine because I don't get the flu. Now I'm telling you. But I White Knighted, so it's obviously an exercise in futility on my part to try and explain. The Walgreens test is for people who have flu like symptoms so they can know if they are about to get knocked for a loop (Versus just having a cold) and maybe keep non infected relatives aware and away. Especially younger and older people even though some strains have actually put down a bunch of healthy 20-30 year olds. ( Another interesting story as to why)

I understand this crap because of my background and job but don't work in the field. It makes sense to me. But I have had many lessons on this board that just because it seems straightforward to me...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I caught the flu back to back within 20 days my Sophmore year. Haven't caught it since and haven't had a flu shot since middle school

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I caught the flu back to back within 20 days my Sophmore year. Haven't caught it since and haven't had a flu shot since middle school
    Dude you're KILLING people. Jesus ING Christ!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Especially younger and older people even though some strains have actually put down a bunch of healthy 20-30 year olds. ( Another interesting story as to why)
    Cytokine storm

Always cracks me up when people think because they have a healthy immune system that they are invulnerable to viruses. They don't know that with some viruses the stronger your immune system the sicker you will get. The 1918 pandemic was like that. Ebola is another one where the healthier you are the faster you die.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For basically being immune to it after catching it twice in 1 month? No need for it, I can do better things with $10 than get slightly sick when I haven't gotten sick without it for 18 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Black Knight rises.

Just drop yourself and surroundings into Chlorox when you travel.
    And know how to be discerning on those toilet mints.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cytokine storm

Always cracks me up when people think because they have a healthy immune system that they are invulnerable to viruses. They don't know that with some viruses the stronger your immune system the sicker you will get. The 1918 pandemic was like that. Ebola is another one where the healthier you are the faster you die.
    Its like allergies gone mad.

Interesting stuff. And interesting how much work they did to tie it in to bodies that far back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For basically being immune to it after catching it twice in 1 month? No need for it, I can do better things with $10 than get slightly sick when I haven't gotten sick without it for 18 years.
    Yes you can.

Buy your own travel mints and HAZMAT suit for travel.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes you can.

Buy your own travel mints and HAZMAT suit for travel.
    Meh. 1/10. Still on that horseflesh.

Thread Information