Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not trying to do anything ...
    someone called you out I thought it was funny.
    Its not personal or agenda driven.
    You occasionally make good points, just not with the patience for young players.

MEe my fault is a disdain for overpaying players.
    sometimes Im wrong LMA despite soem faults has largely lived up to his max as has PG13 so far this year. I was wrong on both.

So right though on:
    Russell
    Porter
    Wall
    conley
    Wiggins
    Tatum
    Porzingis

etc.
    it's not that, I think you're misunderstanding me.. When I judge a draft pick I don't try to predict where one guy will end on the all time list, I'm predicting whether a team picking have chosen well given what they were looking for, what they thought they were drafting, what was available and what is the team trying to achieve.

If some player plays great for years and then decides out of nowhere to go down the larry sanders route, i don't call the pick a bust, in the same way if a player plays awful for years, gets run out of town in disgrace while being called a rat by his teammates but starts getting serious down the line and starts playing well for some other team, i still call that pick a bust.
    By the same logic, I thought it was a given that Okafor was going to be a bust for philly given that they had 2 centers already, but what I did believe is that the player was/is good and would have been a hit for the lakers. Whether Okafor succeeds or not, I never gave a , but I do care about the lakers staying out of the playoffs for 10 years straight.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    it's not that, I think you're misunderstanding me.. When I judge a draft pick I don't try to predict where one guy will end on the all time list, I'm predicting whether a team picking have chosen well given what they were looking for, what they thought they were drafting, what was available and what is the team trying to achieve.

If some player plays great for years and then decides out of nowhere to go down the larry sanders route, i don't call the pick a bust, in the same way if a player plays awful for years, gets run out of town in disgrace while being called a rat by his teammates but starts getting serious down the line and starts playing well for some other team, i still call that pick a bust.
    By the same logic, I thought it was a given that Okafor was going to be a bust for philly given that they had 2 centers already, but what I did believe is that the player was/is good and would have been a hit for the lakers. Whether Okafor succeeds or not, I never gave a , but I do care about the lakers staying out of the playoffs for 10 years straight.
    Will never happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah it's looking grim after the lebron signing, which is why it is so important for the lakers to tank all these picks. They only get the next free agency to lure max level stars, after that they will be stuck in luxury tax purgatory for many years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The major lesson we learned th last few years really isn’t about whether d’bust; Lonzo or Ingram can or can’t ball, it’s about the lakers not having the culture, patience and or personnel to develop young players. Under the current CBA, take would have to be able to acquire a couple of superstars but at the same time find and develop young players on the cheap to compliment those superstars or even be those superstars. Curry was signed on for a cheap deal. Ditto Thompson and green. Now that the max salaries are looming it looks like the warriors run will end soon. Even Houston got a capela.

Lakers on the other hand doesn’t seem to understand or willing to develop the young players. It would be difficult, if not impossible, for them to be a true contender if they keep down that route.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The major lesson we learned th last few years really isn’t about whether d’bust; Lonzo or Ingram can or can’t ball, it’s about the lakers not having the culture, patience and or personnel to develop young players. Under the current CBA, take would have to be able to acquire a couple of superstars but at the same time find and develop young players on the cheap to compliment those superstars or even be those superstars. Curry was signed on for a cheap deal. Ditto Thompson and green. Now that the max salaries are looming it looks like the warriors run will end soon. Even Houston got a capela.

Lakers on the other hand doesn’t seem to understand or willing to develop the young players. It would be difficult, if not impossible, for them to be a true contender if they keep down that route.
    On this we agree they need at least oner or two of their young players to step up ...
    no way can you build on stars alone.
    But either way getting the best FA to join them is a win le or not.
    LAdridge and George stiffed us but I woudl take bron over either even with Bron's unjury and the resurgence by both especially PG.

Kuzma has shown flashes ZO fewer but some real flashes especially the OKC game and first quarter vs Rox.
    These uptempo games despite Zo's inconsistent 3 ball and horrible FT's actually fits him much better.

But im worried dude is soft.
    I see flashes of talent but his FT and injury proneness makes me think he soft ...daddy has all teh toughness and heart but not the game to back it up ...and it never allowed these kids to develop it on their own.
    Hope I am wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raven in here doing his best to this

comparing Dangelo to Jimmer and doing mental gymnastics to try and defend that shot take

you made a prediction, own up to it and move along tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Raven in here doing his best to this

comparing Dangelo to Jimmer and doing mental gymnastics to try and defend that shot take

you made a prediction, own up to it and move along tbh
    Man I have tried he never owns his ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On this we agree they need at least oner or two of their young players to step up ...
    no way can you build on stars alone.
    But either way getting the best FA to join them is a win le or not.
    LAdridge and George stiffed us but I woudl take bron over either even with Bron's unjury and the resurgence by both especially PG.

Kuzma has shown flashes ZO fewer but some real flashes especially the OKC game and first quarter vs Rox.
    These uptempo games despite Zo's inconsistent 3 ball and horrible FT's actually fits him much better.

But im worried dude is soft.
    I see flashes of talent but his FT and injury proneness makes me think he soft ...daddy has all teh toughness and heart but not the game to back it up ...and it never allowed these kids to develop it on their own.
    Hope I am wrong.
    Kuzma is extremely easy to shut down in the playoffs. He hasn’t even played one yet but you stick a man on him all game and he won’t produce. Lebron would help him out though.

Ball is done. He just doesn’t fit in today’s nba. He HAS to develop an outside shot. If he ever gets a decent shot he’d be good.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kuzma is extremely easy to shut down in the playoffs. He hasn’t even played one yet but you stick a man on him all game and he won’t produce. Lebron would help him out though.

Ball is done. He just doesn’t fit in today’s nba. He HAS to develop an outside shot. If he ever gets a decent shot he’d be good.
    disagree. Not talking les or that he will be star but in an NBA at this pace, it actually hides some of his flaws as long as you pair him with shooters there is absolutely a place for him in the modern NBA. To be a star though, he must be able to shoot. As for Kuzma he needs to be a #3 he will absolutely murder almost every team's third beste defender. As a #1 and in some cases as #2 he is always going to be up and down as the primary scoring option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    disagree. Not talking les or that he will be star but in an NBA at this pace, it actually hides some of his flaws as long as you pair him with shooters there is absolutely a place for him in the modern NBA. To be a star though, he must be able to shoot. As for Kuzma he needs to be a #3 he will absolutely murder almost every team's third beste defender. As a #1 and in some cases as #2 he is always going to be up and down as the primary scoring option.
    Ball doesn’t fit doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a place. He can be a lead player in a horrible team with a bunch of shooters but if you have the ball in his hands a majority of the time then you are in trouble. He’s a homeless man’s rondo at this point.

Kuzma we will have to disagree on. He can be a decent sixth man at times. But as a third option on a winning team, ala okay Thompson or even Kevin love? Don’t see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ball doesn’t fit doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a place. He can be a lead player in a horrible team with a bunch of shooters but if you have the ball in his hands a majority of the time then you are in trouble. He’s a homeless man’s rondo at this point.

Kuzma we will have to disagree on. He can be a decent sixth man at times. But as a third option on a winning team, ala okay Thompson or even Kevin love? Don’t see it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

depends on who the ones and twos are as is the case in most things ....
    Kukoc was a 6th man but also teh third scoring threat on le teams.
    Not aying Kuzma is anything as good as the "waiter" but not all third options are all that great anyways ... who wasthe third scoring option on the 2008-2010 Lakers Odom or bynum? Ariza/artest? all very good players especially Odom but point being the third option scoring wise doesnt need to be a HOf'er ...

Rondo was a PG on a le team
    Past his prime Kidd
    Avery Johnson
    Ron Harper
    Past his prime GP played some key mins on Wade's first le team

Lonzo doesnt need to fit traditionally if he is playing with Lebron and antony davis or Kawhi Leonard ... unfortunately just when he was making more impact (and upping his trade value) he is hurt (again).
    So the point is moot. Maybe that will help him stay and we can finally see if if he can help with a contender.
    I smell a laker deal at the deadline but maybe injury saves him again ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We don’t rebuild. We reload.

Thread Information