Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joey's poor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Asshat Clippers claim San Diego as part of their market so i find out my recording on League Pass......is not there.

Turns out another local station has it.

Whatever, i just missed the Clippers 77 Spurs 47 reaming thus far.

Gonna head upstairs to see what came down.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    breaking news bally sports announced today that this will be the final season for all nba teams on bally.......the nba rights are returning to the teams after the season........bally will allow all nba teams to broadcast 10 bally sports game this season on local channels.......

Another interesting part of Diamond’s NBA deal allows the 15 affected NBA teams to shop up to 10 games to an over-the-air broadcaster in each market this season.
    Diamond Sports Group reached a one-season deal with the NBA that essentially guarantees that the Bally Sports RSNs will continue to carry NBA games through the end of this season. Diamond and the NBA unveiled some of the deal’s details in a bankruptcy court filing this afternoon. The court still needs to okay the deal before it can move forward.The NBA likes this deal because it gives the league more flexibility as Diamond tries to navigate its way through bankruptcy. Regardless of the current length of some of the NBA teams’ Bally Sports deals, all are set to end after this season.
    The NHL is believed to be weeks away from cutting a similar deal, according to the court filings. Diamond sources said they also were happy with the deal, which they painted as a necessary step as the company tries to emerge from bankruptcy.
    After this season, the deal has the NBA reclaiming the rights to the 15 teams that have deals with Bally Sports. The teams could work out new deals with the Diamond-owned RSNs at that point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tried tuning in to catch the Spurs / Clippers game on KENS 5 here in SA. I've got Hulu Live running through a Roku unit and it shows the Clippers / Spurs game in the menu. Click it and the screen says "video isn't available due to streaming rights restrictions." Huh? Says I need to subscribe to Paramount+ to get the game. Crazy. Anyone else run across this?

Any recommendations for TV antennas for an old Westinghouse VR-2218 set?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazon will invest in Diamond Sports as part of bankruptcy restructuring agreement.

Amazon will invest in Diamond Sports as part of bankruptcy restructuring agreement | AP News

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tried tuning in to catch the Spurs / Clippers game on KENS 5 here in SA. I've got Hulu Live running through a Roku unit and it shows the Clippers / Spurs game in the menu. Click it and the screen says "video isn't available due to streaming rights restrictions." Huh? Says I need to subscribe to Paramount+ to get the game. Crazy. Anyone else run across this?

Any recommendations for TV antennas for an old Westinghouse VR-2218 set?
    I know this is an older post but this happens to me as well. You can still watch it online, kens 5 streams the games in there local market just do a search for kens 5 spurs stream and you should find it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone else super annoyed with the ball bouncing video during commercial breaks? My goodness.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's ridiculous that at that price you can't record a game and watch it later and fast forward and rewind are a pain in the ass. One of the worst streaming services. The things I do to watch the Spurs...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's ridiculous that at that price you can't record a game and watch it later and fast forward and rewind are a pain in the ass. One of the worst streaming services. The things I do to watch the Spurs...
    I don’t see Bally surviving for very long. They’ve shuttered a number of their local affiliates, so you won’t have to worry about their inadequacies for very much longer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone else super annoyed with the ball bouncing video during commercial breaks? My goodness.
    I thought I was the only one They are missing on some $$$ by not playing actual ads.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol yeah what gives? I have a new Roku Ultra and Bally fast forwards or rewinds several minutes with the slightest touch of a button. Other apps can be quirky with their controls but this is downright unusable. Anyone have a more normal experience with a different streaming platform? I figured Sinclair was going to suck but watching it fail at the most basic level is becoming epic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah

I wonder what the premium will be on that broadcast? Amazon rarely gives away good stuff for free.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah

That's awesome news.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SportsSurge.com is a answer for all NBA games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah

Wonder if this will just be for the local market or if Amazon will roll out some kind of NBA Package via all of the various Bally networks they've acquired (which would potentially compete with LeaguePass). It would be in the NBA's interest to get out of the streaming business and just sign a big licensing deal with someone like Amazon. The NFL gets $2 billion per year from Google for NFL Sunday Ticket - the NBA might really like the structure of something like that, where they no longer have to foot the bill for any infrastructure or Opex related to the service.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does amazon have a track record of having local market items? figure it would be available to anybody with a prime subscription as an add-on or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to my knowledge, but it would be pretty easy for them to turn on some Geo restrictions. I think it would all come down to whatever broadcast rules the NBA already has in place. Back in the day, if you had DirecTV and subscribed to the Sports package, you could get a lot of out-of-market games that were on the various FoxSports affiliates, so maybe this would be considered the same way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's an absolute guarantee that it will cost more than a Prime membership. The broadcast world has made tons of money dating back to ESPN's creation on the fact that people will pay more for their sports entertainment. Cable prices were high mostly from the sports packages, which required you getting 30 channels you didn't care about so you could get ESPN and Foxsports. I don't know if they'll charge $20 a month, but at least their streaming service will be better. My guess is that it doesn't take affect until next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed with that and it wouldn't surprise me if Amazon uses this to catapult into becoming the licensed provider of LeaguePass. My understand is that they were in the mix (along with Apple) for the Sunday Ticket rights which (as I mentioned) eventually went to Google (YouTubeTV) for a cool $2B/year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was glad that Bally made a streaming service but its probably the worst streaming service I have ever used and happy to see something different on the horizon. That ASMR they played during commercials was torture!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does amazon have a track record of having local market items? figure it would be available to anybody with a prime subscription as an add-on or something.
    I can't think of any local market carriage. Amazon already carries LeaguePass subscriptions go geofencing should already be set -- might end up being a semi-good thing knowing definitively whether one is in or out of market.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SportsSurge.com is a answer for all NBA games
    Not .com its .net

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're actually playing ads right now during pregame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm curious what happens to Texas high school football coverage when Bally folds? Another stream you have to pay for?

Thread Information