Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He said he wanted to leave Indy because he couldn't win there. He had one 50-win season in seven years there.
    He got to the ECF and nearly beat the Heat, you dumbass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got to the ECF and nearly beat the Heat, you dumbass.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Western Conference just keeps getting better and better. The east is a joke.
    While the Spurs get worse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The real winner, LeBron James playing in any even tier Eastern Conference. Didn't think that was possible. The cakewalk to the Finals continues for that lucky cuck.
    Yes but it also almost automatically reduces his Finals winning percentage.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just read Pritchard was reacting emotionally and wanted PG out of the EC. The Spurs screwed up. LMA + some pieces could have probably worked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really sure what people expected the Spurs to do for George, they have limited assets

Oladipo's contract sucks and I'm not high on him as a player, but he's only 25 years old..Indiana obviously thinks he has upside and like that he's locked in for a few years..Sabonis is a mediocre prospect, but still, he's a rookie, there's upside there..

Everybody here complains about the players on the Spurs' roster, yet expects them to yield huge returns in trades
    Murray is more desirable than anything OKC had to offer. George for Aldridge (expiring contract), Murray and a 1st and the Pacers take that offer in a heartbeat.

Not saying I would have been cool with moving Murray but the Spurs had assets if they would have wanted to make moves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, we are now the 4th best team in the West.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He said he wanted to leave Indy because he couldn't win there. He had one 50-win season in seven years there.
    So Paul George could only get his team to 50 wins once while playing in the east?

Lame

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, we are now the 4th best team in the West.
    Can definitely see an epic 20111 or 2012 like collapse in our future because we're locking up all our past their prime, non-playmaking, no defense playing free agents to loyalty contracts.

Can't wait to see what we give 37 year old Pau Gasoft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, you expect the Spurs to trade Murray, along with others and/or draft picks, for a one-year rental? no.
    I doubt it would have been a one year rental for the Spurs. Kawhi and George would have given the Warriors real fits, and on top of that they are good pals. George would have stayed in San Antonio, had the Spurs traded for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt it would have been a one year rental for the Spurs. Kawhi and George would have given the Warriors real fits, and on top of that they are good pals. George would have stayed in San Antonio, had the Spurs traded for him.
    : "We want to make deals that are great for both teams."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    : "We want to make deals that are great for both teams."
    I never realized RC had such a dummy face. The is wrong with his teeth?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is more desirable than anything OKC had to offer. George for Aldridge (expiring contract), Murray and a 1st and the Pacers take that offer in a heartbeat.

Not saying I would have been cool with moving Murray but the Spurs had assets if they would have wanted to make moves.
    OKC's deal makes much more sense for Indiana, don't even think it's arguable, tbh..

Aldridge- 1 year rental who will undoubtedly leave and plays the same position as their best player..why would they waste a year stunting Turner's development for a 1 year Aldridge rental? They get cap space, which is pointless for them, since nobody wants to play in Indiana for a team with no significant culture or history

vs. Oladipo, only 25 years old, former Hoosier who is under contract for 3 more years..

Murray- 29th pick in the 2016 draft vs. Sabonis- 11th pick in the 2016 draft

Not only did they get a much younger, better fit with 3 more years on his contract, but they also got a player who was drafted significantly higher than Murray in the same draft, just a year ago..

And at the idea of Paul George staying in San Antonio..of all the stars in the NBA, he would be the least likely to ever agree to stay, and that's including LeBron IMO..all we've heard about from anybody who has any connections around the league is that he's a lock to play for the Lakers..he has said it himself that he wants to play there, several times..a guy who desperately wants to play in Los Angeles isn't settling for San Antonio..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never realized RC had such a dummy face. The is wrong with his teeth?
    In that moment, I bet he had just remembered where he forgot his beer - in the car.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't gamble on all of that. Especially with next years free agents. Spurs would still probably not beat the Warriors and then George is going to be looking at moving to a Superteam in a big market city.

I'd love to have him but not with the risk of giving up Murray to have him for a year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since when are they good friends?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC's deal makes much more sense for Indiana, don't even think it's arguable, tbh..

Aldridge- 1 year rental who will undoubtedly leave and plays the same position as their best player..why would they waste a year stunting Turner's development for a 1 year Aldridge rental? They get cap space, which is pointless for them, since nobody wants to play in Indiana for a team with no significant culture or history

vs. Oladipo, only 25 years old, former Hoosier who is under contract for 3 more years..

Murray- 29th pick in the 2016 draft vs. Sabonis- 11th pick in the 2016 draft

Not only did they get a much younger, better fit with 3 more years on his contract, but they also got a player who was drafted significantly higher than Murray in the same draft, just a year ago..

And at the idea of Paul George staying in San Antonio..of all the stars in the NBA, he would be the least likely to ever agree to stay, and that's including LeBron IMO..
    Well, that's an interesting way of spinning it.

Why would anyone want to have Oladipo under contract for 3 years? He sucks. I would much rather have Murray on a rookie contract for that same amount of years, and see if he can turn into something we all know Oladipo won't ever be.

And about Sabonis, Murray with many less chances has shown much more potential than him. The number of the pick they got drafted on is irrelevant by now. Everybody has Murray as a better prospect than Sabonis right now.

And I doubt the Pacers feel as you do about their free agency chances. Sure, they might not get a star player but I'm sure they can do a of a lot better than ing Oladipo for over 20 millions per year, tbh.

It's pretty simple, If you were a GM of an NBA team, would you rather have Oladipo and Sabonis or Aldridge and Murray?
    Last edited by DAF86; 07-01-2017 at 01:37 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since when are they good friends?
    Everytime the Spurs and Pacers play there's always a comment on match reports about how they are good pals. Aren't both from Cali?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everytime the Spurs and Pacers play there's always a comment on match reports about how they are good pals. Aren't both from Cali?
    Russ/George/Kawhi are going to be a great core in a few years.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Russ/George/Kawhi are going to be a great core in a few years.
    for the clippers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi on the Lakers would break my heart. Don't even joke about that, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That or the Lakers. Otherwise, it's a core of Kawhi/Fatty/Fathead here in SA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why would anyone want to have Oladipo under contract for 3 years? He sucks. I would much rather have Murray on a rookie contract for that same amount of years, and see if he can turn into something we all know Oladipo won't ever be.

And about Sabonis, Murray with many less chances has shown much more potential than him. The number of the pick they got drafted on is irrelevant by now. Everybody has Murray as a better prospect than Sabonis right now.

And I doubt the Pacers feel as you do about their free agency chances. Sure, they might not get a star player but I'm sure they can do a of a lot better than ing Oladipo for over 20 millions per year, tbh.
    They clearly view Oladipo as a significant asset, or else they wouldn't have absorbed his contract..again, he's only 25 years old, you can convince yourself that he's a future piece with upside..personally, I'm not a fan, but I can see why they would believe that they wouldn't do any better in Free Agency..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's pretty simple, If you were a GM of an NBA team, would you rather have Oladipo and Sabonis or Aldridge and Murray?
    Oladipo's salary isn't that bad in this market. Red is about to make as much and he's going to be 33 and is limited in his impact on the game. Plus Oladipo played at Indiana University so will be a local draw in a state that likes its college ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oladipo's salary isn't that bad in this market. Red is about to make as much and he's going to be 33 and is limited in his impact on the game. Plus Oladipo played at Indiana University so will be a local draw in a state that likes its college ball.
    Red >>> Oladipo, tbh.

For a contender that is. Neither guy is of much value for a rebuilding team like the Pacers.

The only thing I can concede is the whole "having played college ball in Indy" thing. I guess that can get some butts on those seats, but still... way too ty.

Thread Information