Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump drained the swamp of toads and filled it with re ed gators which many leave after a few months on their own or from scandal.
    By your standards, that's not a bad post. But reality is Trump be slapping you all the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only the President can direct the use of nuclear weapons by U.S. armed forces, including the Single Integrated Operational Plan (SIOP). While the President does have unilateral authority as commander-in-chief to order that nuclear weapons be used for any reason at any time, the actual procedures and technical systems in place for authorizing the execution of a launch order requires a secondary confirmation under a two-man rule, as the President's order is subject to secondary confirmation by the Secretary of Defense. If the Secretary of Defense does not concur, then the President may in his sole discretion fire the Secretary. The Secretary of Defense has legal authority to approve the order, but cannot veto it.[1][2][3] The Secretary of Defense succession plan designates numerous individuals that may serve after a President removes his or her predecessor.[4] Traditionally, a civilian United States officer must countersign a Presidential order or resign.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...mand_Authority

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donald Trump would have 10 minutes to decide whether to launch a retaliatory attack against North Korea should Pyongyang ever be able to fire a missile that could reach the US mainland, experts said.

In the event of an incoming missile, the US President will have little time to ponder over what he could or should do.

“The timelines are short,” said David Wright, a senior scientist and co-director of the Global Security Program of the Union of Concerned Scientists.

“Even for long-range missiles, there are a lot of steps that go into detecting the launch and figuring out what it is, leaving the President with maybe 10 minutes to decide whether to launch a retaliatory strike," he said

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7742976.html

Expert here gives it 10, not 12, but it is a matter of a few minutes, much less than an hour.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A bit more detail on the nuclear policy/strategy here from the Federation of American Scientists:

https://fas.org/blogs/security/2013/04/oplan8010-12/
    OPLAN 8010-12 is the nuclear combat employment portion (known as SIOP during the Cold War) of a wider plan also known as OPLAN 8010 (but without the update year). OPLAN 8010 is a “base plan” with annexes, one of which is OPLAN 8010-12. The annexes consist of plans for different elements of national power that span the entire spetrum of STRATCOM missions: nuclear forces; conventional strike options; non-kinetic (incuding cyber operaitons); misssile defense; intelligence, surveillance and reconnaisance; and counter-WMD.

The base plan (OPLAN 8010) is thought to be directed against six potential adversaries: Russia, China, North Korea, Iran, Syria, and WMD attacks by non-state actors.

OPLAN 8010-12 replaces the previous nuclear war plan from 2008 (OPLAN 8010-08), which was most recently updated in Februry 2009. The current plan is the 18th major plan update since the end of the Cold War (see table).
    ... a bit dry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By your standards, that's not a bad post. But reality is Trump be slapping you all the same.

[youtube of Dear Leader]

Those synonyms will come in handy, lick-spittle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Neh, but you're really sucking his very hard, all the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neh, but you're really sucking his very hard, all the same.
    he wants det pumpkin e latte

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Those synonyms will come in handy, lick-spittle.
    So, your point is to show me that you can misapply words as well as you can sperm shield for the regressive left?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump making America great again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are, if they feel the order is illegal, but Congress gave the president a huge amount of leeway during the cold war, in a way that would never fly today, but is still in place. Also worth looking up.
    See I think even a highly intelligent person might get unhinged when told "you have 10 minutes to decide".

I'm not really on board with the clinical mental check, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See I think even a highly intelligent person might get unhinged when told "you have 10 minutes to decide".

I'm not really on board with the clinical mental check, tbh.
    Fair enough. I worry about things like Alzheimers or dementia that can set in at younger ages than some realize. The probability that some president will have such a thing at some point is 1. It is a statistical certainty over a long period of time.

I do understand your concerns. At least you approach it more honestly than others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, your point is to show me that you can misapply words as well as you can sperm shield for the regressive left?
    "I'm rubber and you're glue" okaaay, kid.

I have occasionally been accused of being a bit immoral for making fun of people who are so inept they don't know how badly they are doing. You're actually making me feel a bit guilty at this point. I'm sure in your head you are doing well here. I doubt anyone else thinks so, even the ones who agree with you on some things, which is somewhat ironic given the topic of the OP.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should the person capable of launching nuclear strikes be required to be mentally evaluated periodically?

Should the person capable of launching nuclear strikes be required to be mentally evaluated periodically?

Dodge, dodge, dodge, smh. As long as the current occupant has the magic "R", that is all you seem to care about, and people like you will make any excuse for him. You are the rot at the center of our country, party over country in all things, right?

Fine. Wait until the next president, if that will allow you the slim moment of honesty and integrity it takes to answer such a simple question. As I stated before, I don't care what party the president is.

You are reaching Pavlov level with this incessant question.

edit: passed - I don't think Pavlov has asked a question this MANY times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are reaching Pavlov level with this incessant question.
    It is a technique that one is forced to use on dishonest hacks. Conspiracy theorists and dumbasses of all sorts have some pathological reaction when having to admit they might be wrong, or someone they disagree with has a good point.

People with nothing to hide, or who care about the truth aren't scared of it, and tend to answer questions easily.

I like to collect all that into one post, because it makes that point very clearly. At some point it sinks in to even thick mother ers like Cosmored that they look like dishonest s. I win either way. Either they answer my obvious question in a way that suits my argument, or they don't and look like the dishonest s they are. Win/win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    edit: passed - I don't think Pavlov has asked a question this MANY times.
    Dude, you missed my years long conversation with Cosmored. I got up to asking the same question 14 times once before finally getting a half-assed response. I am a stubborn son of a .

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It is a technique that one is forced to use on dishonest hacks. Conspiracy theorists and dumbasses of all sorts have some pathological reaction when having to admit they might be wrong, or someone they disagree with has a good point.

People with nothing to hide, or who care about the truth aren't scared of it, and tend to answer questions easily.

I like to collect all that into one post, because it makes that point very clearly. At some point it sinks in to even thick mother ers like Cosmored that they look like dishonest s. I win either way. Either they answer my obvious question in a way that suits my argument, or they don't and look like the dishonest s they are. Win/win.
    Win/win? Who's the scorekeeper and why?

Not necessarily directed at you but promoted by your post. I don't understand the concept of win once the the discussion breaks down completely. Once it breaks down, anything gained is illusionary.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will answer your incessant question:

NO. This mental evaluation has not been asked of any president for hundreds of years - it is not surprising that you are constantly harping on this now - not when Trump was first elected, not 6 months after but coinciding with the press and Democrats' current drumbeat on mental instability when collusion has so far brought nothing to light, when he has committed no crime as president on which to impeach and they are searching for something, anything instead of putting forward policies that focus on the American people (instead of on DACA and illegal aliens).

The campaign period laid all bare - thorough vetting, tapes from over a decade ago and hundreds of interviews for the American people to see Trump and THEY still voted him president. You would trivialize the votes of millions of Americans to be overturned by a panel of medical professionals when this man whose flaws all Americans knew about but who was still chosen as their leader because YOU think he's mentally unstable. And yes, that's what a leader gets to do - make the hard decisions and push the buttons. When nuclear weapons are heading this way, I don't want any wishy washy coward in that position - I want ALL those buttons pushed and for whoever sent their nuclear weapons this way to get obliterated.

And you well know, I ain't no dude.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Or Illusory. ing words!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Win/win? Who's the scorekeeper and why?

Not necessarily directed at you but promoted by your post. I don't understand the concept of win once the the discussion breaks down completely. Once it breaks down, anything gained is illusionary.
    It is a win, because an answer advances the conversation. Human being dig in their heels when presented with things that contradict their worldview. I think acknowledging things that might make one think is a worthwhile cause.

(turns back to tilting at windmills)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

NO. This mental evaluation has not been asked of any president for hundreds of years -
    1) nuclear weapons weren't around in the 1700 or 1800's.

2) "we never did it in the past" is a ty argument, and you know it.

"we never used to boil or sterilize our water for hundreds of years, we don't need to do so now".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

NO. This mental evaluation has not been asked of any president for hundreds of years - it is not surprising that you are constantly harping on this now - not when Trump was first elected, not 6 months after but coinciding with the press and Democrats' current drumbeat on mental instability when collusion has so far brought nothing to light, when he has committed no crime as president on which to impeach and they are searching for something, anything instead of putting forward policies that focus on the American people (instead of on DACA and illegal aliens).

The campaign period laid all bare - thorough vetting, tapes from over a decade ago and hundreds of interviews for the American people to see Trump and THEY still voted him president. You would trivialize the votes of millions of Americans to be overturned by a panel of medical professionals when this man whose flaws all Americans knew about but who was still chosen as their leader because YOU think he's mentally unstable. And yes, that's what a leader gets to do - make the hard decisions and push the buttons. When nuclear weapons are heading this way, I don't want any wishy washy coward in that position - I want ALL those buttons pushed and for whoever sent their nuclear weapons this way to get obliterated.

And you well know, I ain't no dude.
    3) I am not talking about Trump per se, as noted repeatedly.
    4) I am talking about any given person who might develop a severe cognitive decline while in office.
    5) I don't care if you have a penis or a vagina. Your ideas and opinions are either logical or flawed independently of chromosomes, or development of sex organs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or Illusory. ing words!
    Cool thing about language is if you can get enough people making the same mistake... it stops being a mistake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anything instead of putting forward policies that focus on the American people (instead of on DACA and illegal aliens)..
    6) The Democratic party has a lot of ideas about policies that focus on the American people, but you will never see any of that on Fox Propaganda Network, or whatever ty echo chamber you prefer.

If that statement rankles, then read the Democratic party platform and (gasp) read for yourself. isn't a secret.

You have to bear in mind that the message that gets through the media is the one that makes ratings. Dull policy proposals don't sell ads.

Don't blame Democrats for how capitalized media works. That's moronic, dudette.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Careful, RG, with all this winning, you're beginning to sound like you-know-who :-)

IMO, there is no need for techniques, for incessant questions that people obviously don't want to answer, for chalking up wins, for using vulgar/foul language (not you personally) to make your point. Just state your opinion, advice and people take, discard or hopefully listen as they please. This is supposed to be a free country after all. Hounding people is not going to persuade them, nor is trying to show them up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , anything instead of putting forward policies that focus on the American people (instead of on DACA and illegal aliens).
    Anything is better than paying attention to people from hole countries, imarite?

Thread Information