Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HEB isn't a mom and pop shop, they're the team's biggest sponsor and will probably be the ones to dish out the money to have their logo on the game jersey. I don't get why it's funny to think they might be one of the few people/companies the Spurs would be transparent with.

Hope I'm just reading too much into it though, obviously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HEB isn't a mom and pop shop, they're the team's biggest sponsor and will probably be the ones to dish out the money to have their logo on the game jersey. I don't get why it's funny to think they might be one of the few people/companies the Spurs would be transparent with.

Hope I'm just reading too much into it though, obviously.
    Narrator: You are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The man didn't play all season. Some merch probably piled up and, considering that the season is over, they are understandably trying to move it.

It's called retail people. Dollar General is trying to make a buck, not drop hints of their inside scoop on Kawhi.
    Agree. Plus new designs and inventory need to go through the door every year. Jerseys will sell like crazy regardless if Kawhi and the Spurs do indeed come together and hashout a longterm deal this off season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easily solved if Lebron arrives in Spursland, wouldnt you say??
    Yes, rather instantaneously, I'd say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “dinner with someone” = credible sourcing?

or is it your confirmation bias coming into play
    No... It's WHO he had the dinner with... U don't have to name a person, but it has to be a source that can be refuted... For example no one knows the exact person leaking info from the white house, but they say a staffer... That's a source... They're not just giving information without saying WHERE they got the info from, which a lot of the media has been doing... They say "Kawhi wants out of San Antonio"... Ummm... Ok... SOURCE??? if u can't say where you got that info from, you made it up, and are presenting it as fact for clicks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No... It's WHO he had the dinner with... U don't have to name a person, but it has to be a source that can be refuted... For example no one knows the exact person leaking info from the white house, but they say a staffer... That's a source... They're not just giving information without saying WHERE they got the info from, which a lot of the media has been doing... They say "Kawhi wants out of San Antonio"... Ummm... Ok... SOURCE??? if u can't say where you got that info from, you made it up, and are presenting it as fact for clicks
    Falacy. You can't ever get an ongoing source to go on the record when the subject is extremely sensative. With your logic, Nixon would have finished out two terms, because Deep Throat was anonymous.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Falacy. You can't ever get an ongoing source to go on the record when the subject is extremely sensative. With your logic, Nixon would have finished out two terms, because Deep Throat was anonymous.
    well played

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude... An anonymous source is STILL a source!!! I'm talking about the ppl in the media that make declarations as if they're fact, but have no sources... They're just speculation, but they state them as fact for clicks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    almost all of the kawhi rumor stories are based upon an anonymous source like “someone close to kawhi” or “a league executive” or “someone with knowledge of the situation” etc

the “dinner with a friend” story is no different. the only reason duncan2k5 thinks it is more reliable is it reinforces what he wants to believe
    -When Kawhi was asked about if he wants to be a Spur for life he said yes.

-He told Danny the same thing.

-Jabari Young who is close to his camp, said the same.

I guess it's not just what duncan2k5 wants to believe, it's clear that the player wants an extension.

The ball has always been in Spurs' camp, they have to make the decision to give him the extension or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -When Kawhi was asked about if he wants to be a Spur for life he said yes.

-He told Danny the same thing.

-Jabari Young who is close to his camp, said the same.

I guess it's not just what duncan2k5 wants to believe, it's clear that the player wants an extension.

The ball has always been in Spurs' camp, they have to make the decision to give him the extension or not.
    What player would not want 219M. I think everyone knew that. The question was always really what is he doing to prove he deserves that and that he’s committed to the team? You don’t get 219M for just your play and even if you did, he didn’t play an entire season so it should not be expected.

Hopefully Kawhi can prove he handled his rehab appropriately, is 100% long-term and short-term and that he’s willing to be the face of franchise and all that come with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The man didn't play all season. Some merch probably piled up and, considering that the season is over, they are understandably trying to move it.

It's called retail people. Dollar General is trying to make a buck, not drop hints of their inside scoop on Kawhi.
    I am pretty sure that a lot of ST posters routinely get their inside info at Dollar General!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What player would not want 219M. I think everyone knew that. The question was always what is doing to prove he deserves that...
    Really? What's about the close source to the team "Manu4Thre3" posting here that Kawhi wanted to go home, to play in a bigger market, that he would sacrifice the supemax in order to play in a city like LA, Boston or NY??

What's about the fans willing to believe those stupid rumors even when they know about Kawhi's low profile.

I was one of the few saying those rumors were just , don't tell me that the question was always the same...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? What's about the close source to the team "Manu4Thre3" posting here that Kawhi wanted to go home, to play in a bigger market, that he would sacrifice the supemax in order to play in a city like LA, Boston or NY??

What's about the fans willing to believe those stupid rumors even when they know about Kawhi's low profile.

I was one of the few saying those rumors were just , don't tell me that the question was always the same...
    For Kawhi? Ya - it was. Fans have nothing to do with this. We have no say or sway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.expressnews.com/spurs-na...mpression=true

You made headlines after saying Kawhi Leonard told you he wanted to be back with the Spurs. Can you elaborate?

I just put out what I know, and that’s not much. I talk to (Leonard) as much as I can, but I don’t talk to him that much as a whole. He stresses the same thing to me as he stresses to (the media). There is no news. He says he wants to be a Spur and retire there. He said that to you. He’s expressed that. When I talked to him, he says he’s been with us, he’s always on board with us and (wanted) to be a part of what we did, and he’s trying to get right. But things may change.
    Is Danny on twitter arguing with Woj tonight? Guess not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dunno mang, Kawhis is still on discount at HEB for 50%
    HEB with the goods, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You high?

Thread Information