Page 74 of 207 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 5170
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Another OOS blue-chipper Texas has checked on is 2014 TE Mark Andrews of Desert Mountain HS in Scottsdale, AZ. He reminds you of the kind of kid Stanford would sign. He mentioned there being a slight chance he could attend one of Texas' summer camps. Here are some quotes from 24/7:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1gaVF6Ba6w

“Texas stopped by on Wednesday to check in on me,” Andrews told Hookem.com. “It was the tight ends coach, Bruce Chambers. He watched us practice for a little bit so he could evaluate me.”

"We didn’t get to talk much at all because of the rules and such,” Andrews said. “But I did introduce myself and had a chance to meet him. He basically said that they’ve been watching my film and are very interested in me. That was about it. They’re supposed to keep track of me and be in contact later.”

“They told them (the Desert Mountain coaches) I need to come down,” he explained. “I could visit for either a camp or for a game in the fall. I’m going to try to, but probably for a game.”

“Texas is a very, very good school,” he said. “I actually have a couple of cousins that go there. Plus a lot of my family lives around there, so I’m very familiar with the area and everything. I like the state of Texas a lot too.”

“I don’t have any favorites,” Andrews told Hookem.com. “The school I grew up loving was Oklahoma. My grandparents live there and my father grew up there, so it’s sort of a family thing. They all root for OU, so I always have too. But, once again, they aren’t my favorite school or anything like that now. I’m open to everyone.”

“It’s been really cool to get all this attention,” said Andrews. “I’ve heard from Texas, Michigan, Ohio State, Nebraska, UCLA, Oregon State, Arizona, Arizona State, Missouri, Oklahoma, Boise State and Oregon. Many of those, like the Buckeyes, Michigan, UCLA and both Arizona schools have offered me.”

"I actually just started playing football my freshman year,” Andrews explained. “I was always just a basketball and soccer player leading up to my freshman year. I never wanted to do anything else at the time. Then I just decided ‘why not?’ one day. I knew I had the abilities to play football so I thought I would give it a shot.”

“I’d definitely say I’m a ‘finesse’ wide receiver,” Andrews said. “My size really gives me an advantage since I’m 6-foot-6 and 225-pounds. People also think that, because I’m so big, I can’t move fast. They’re wrong though. I run a 4.65 40 so I can move pretty well.”

“At the moment I don’t really have any summer camps set up yet,” said Andrews. “So I’m not sure what I do. If I was to go to one, then it could be somewhere like Texas. I just have a very hectic summer, so I don’t know what all is going to happen to be honest.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quote from 2014 CB Cedric Collins of Dallas Skyline:

“Texas doesn’t show me any love,” said Collins. “I never hear from them at all. The last time was probably after they invited me to the spring game. I hear from plenty of other schools, but not Texas. I was even planning on camping there again, like I did last year, but since they don’t ever talk to me, I doubt I do. I probably won’t unless they reach out and ask me to come.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2014 QB/WR Devante "Speedy" Noil is another OOS name to keep an eye on. He's ranked #63 overall in the country by 24/7 and Texas has seen him in person. He attends the same high school in New Orleans (Edna Karr) as DB Noel Ellis. He is a family member of LSU's RB coach, Frank Wilson.

“Texas was by the school this week and told my coach they need a receiver like me,” Noil said Monday. “They told my coach they were going to offer me, so I’m going to camp there in June (10).”

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...te-Noil-134104

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLSIqh94c2U

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Cool pics. Kevin Vaccaro looks pretty big and it looks like Gray isn't messing around on the gatorade.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas says Aloha to newest target

It’s not often that the Longhorns recruit outside of Texas’ borders. If they do, though, they’ll almost exclusively stay on the mainland.

But on Tuesday, Texas made contact with a four-star defensive lineman from the Aloha State. No, really.

Honalulu Monalua’s Scott Pagano, the No. 22 defensive tackle in 2013, spoke with Texas defensive coordinator Manny Diaz and defensive ends coach Oscar Giles for about 10 minutes over the phone.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Rumor out there that RB Herschel Sims (class of 2011) of Abilene has been dismissed from OK State for stealing.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LSU has offered 2014 QB Jerrod Heard of Denton Guyer.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2014 LB Christian Miller of Spring Valley HS in Columbia, SC says he's beginning to hear from Texas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ew0R-DERvQ

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DT Malcom Brown is all moved in (24/7):

“I’m just getting ready to move my stuff to Austin,” Brown said Tuesday around 4pm. “I’m ready to get to Austin and get started.”

"Basically, I have been working out in the weight room and running a lot. I’ve really been running a lot,” he said. “I have been working out on the Texas program they sent me, but I know it will be a lot different when I start there. I’m right at 300-pounds right now, and feel good.”

"Camrhon (Hughes) told me to make sure and work really hard and show up in shape. He said it’s difficult at first,” he said.

"I’m just wanting to come in and make a difference. I’m going to work hard, and help us win games and make an impact,” he said.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Latest with OL Kent Perkins (24/7):

“It just hit me recently that this is going to be my last year and I need to make sure that everyone is doing what they can for the team,” Perkins said. “I'm going to make sure that we've got as many people as possible at the school this summer busting their butts to make sure that we have a good season.”

“My coach told me colleges would still try and contact me,” Perkins said. “I still get some letters. I open the ones from maybe Alabama or LSU, but I'm solid. I'm good with Texas.”

“He (Mack Brown) really answered the questions that I had,” Perkins said. “He told me about what a degree from Texas can do for you, and just the advantages of living in Texas with a degree from Texas, it really made the difference.”

“I was stressed with the decision and trying to focus on school and everything,” Perkins said. “I liked the attention only because it let me know that people look up to me and I need to make sure I'm doing the right things every day.”

“I'm looking forward to working with Coach Searels,” Perkins said. “The more I can I learn from him and the better prepared I can be when I get there the earlier I can maybe get on the field.”

“We have a great relationship,” Perkins said. “I think I'm going to like playing for him. I like how he juices it up.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on LB Tim Cole (24/7):

“I’m excited about it,” Cole told Hookem.com. “I still can’t believe it’s really happening. Something that was once a dream is now a reality. I’m just looking forward to getting down there and enjoying football and the college life. I’m ready to take in every practice and every game. It’s real exciting.”

“It’s definitely going to be a fun experience for the both of us,” he explained. “We’re both rooming together (Cole and Malcom Brown). We’ve played high school ball together for a long time and it’s been our lifelong dream to play college football. It just so happened to work out that we get to continue playing college ball together for a great school. We’re both getting to do what we love and you can’t ask for more than that. I’m looking forward to both of us growing as players.”

“I’ve been doing all I can to prepare for life at Texas,” said Cole. “I’m just trying to get my mind right, stay healthy and doing the workouts they gave us so I can be in great shape.”

“At first they (Bennie Wylie's workouts) were pretty overwhelming,” Cole said. “They were tough. But you just have to keep pushing through them and have that mindset that it’s going to help you, which I did. Now I’m pretty straight with them. They don’t bother me as much now and I can see they are working good. They’ve gotten me bigger and faster so I’m seeing good results from the hard work I put in. I’ve gained about ten pounds of muscle overall. I now am 6-foot-2 and 220-pounds, so I’m much bigger than where I was during last season.”

“I’m not finished yet,” explained Cole. “I still want to get bigger. I think I’d really like to play around 230 or so. I have the frame to carry it and there are plenty of linebackers out there that play around that size, if not bigger. So, for me, another ten or fifteen pounds would be perfect, as long as it’s good weight.”

“I want to improve on everything,” he said. “If you’re not constantly getting better, then all you’re doing is getting worse. I’m planning on giving it my all this off season to really up my game. I want to learn everything I can about the position and also work on some of the key things at my position. So I really just want to become a better player as a whole.”

“The sky is the limit for us,” Cole said of the Longhorns. “I feel like we have a team that can be serious national championship contenders for many years to come. It just all depends on our at udes, our chemistry and how hard we all work every single day. If that all comes together, then other teams need to look out. We’re ready.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LSU has offered 2014 DB Nick Watkins

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LSU has offered 2014 DB Nick Watkins
    Georgia as well. Hope he sits very high on UT's list of priorities for 2014.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Great news for the June 3rd camp this weekend from 24/7. 2014 OL Cameron Robinson of Monore, LA has decided to attend and he will be bringing his teammate, 2014 WR Cameron Sims, along with him (Sims is ranked #90 overall by 24/7).

http://www.youtube.com/v/pKKrpV7i-10

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More good news from Inside Texas. DT Scott Pagano of Honolulu, HI (now rated #104 by Rivals) has decided to visit Texas on July 14th and stay in Austin for a few days. He will then visit several schools in the South (Alabama, Clemson, LSU, Ole Miss, etc.) after that.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-Pagano-137205
    Last edited by TFloss32; 05-30-2012 at 04:35 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas has picked up a punter from Duke. Here is the release from UT:

Austin -- Punter Alex King has enrolled in graduate school and will complete his final season of eligibility at Texas after graduating with a degree in history from Duke University. "The coaches, facilities, fans, and strong football tradition first attracted me, but in such a short time period the relationships between myself and the coaches and staff at UT are what made me feel most comfortable with changing schools for my final year," King said. "There is so much talent at UT, and I was also impressed with the humility of many of this year’s incoming freshmen when I met them. I am excited to be a part of this team."

At Duke, King appeared in 24 career games, punting 111 times for 4,593 yards and a 41.38 average, the fourth-best career average in school history. He also ranks ninth on the single-season average list after punting with 42.08 yards per attempt in 2011 when he was named second-team All-ACC. During that year, he ranked third in the conference in punting and totaled 50 attempts for 2,104 yards. He downed 17 of those kicks inside the opponents' 20-yard line, while also recording seven kicks of 50-plus yards. In 2010, King punted 55 times for 2,262 yards for a 41.13 average to rank seventh in the ACC.

King is a native of Winston-Salem, N.C., where he attended Forsyth Country Day School before spending one post-graduate year at Phillips Exeter Academy in Exeter, N.H. While at Exeter, he earned All-New England Class A first-team honors as a quarterback and punter. As a senior at Forsyth, he was named a North Carolina Independent Schools Athletic Association (NCISAA) All-State selection when he threw for 1,400 yards and 21 TDs en route to a conference championship. A four-time prep all-conference honoree, King also played safety in high school and was a starting guard in basketball.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More good news from Inside Texas. DT Scott Pagano of Honolulu, HI (now rated #104 by Rivals) has decided to visit Texas on July 14th and stay in Austin for a few days. He will then visit several schools in the South (Alabama, Clemson, LSU, Ole Miss, etc.) after that.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-Pagano-137205
    Highlight Film:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/560521/highlights/4346370

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DT Vincent Taylor has committed to OK State:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...-Taylor-113668

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from DT Scott Pagano:

"They say they don't come out to the island or leave the state of Texas to recruit people, but if there's a great player out there we'll come and get him," Pagano said. "So they've given me a chance and they would love for me to come down there and check out the campus and talk to coach Mack Brown. So in July I'm going to Texas to visit down there and see the campus and see what it's like."

"Coach Giles said he would give me an offer but he can't do that because the way they do it is the head coach has to give out the offer," Pagano said. "So he wants me to come down and check it out and talk to coach Mack Brown, and he can see how I am as a student, person and athlete and we will go from there."

"When I made that decision I had like 18 offers and I thought it was going to stay like that so I could narrow it down," Pagano said. "Now I have like 50 offers so I kind of have to go further into the process and take my time and do my homework on every school and figure out what's the best fit for me and my family."

"As of right now for my fall visits LSU, Florida St. and Florida," he said. "As of right now those are schools that are going to get it."

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

You probably already saw this Floss, but to the others Taylor apparently called Baylor last week to commit, and they told him to wait a little before committing. Safe to say he didn't take that well being he commits to Okie State a week later.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You probably already saw this Floss, but to the others Taylor apparently called Baylor last week to commit, and they told him to wait a little before committing. Safe to say he didn't take that well being he commits to Okie State a week later.
    Thanks for posting this, chronic. I definitely saw the rumor that he committed to Baylor and people were congratulating him on Twitter, but then he turned around and said those rumors were false. I didn't know the BU staff put him off like that. Something didn't pass the smell test at the time.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Updates on the June 3rd camp this weekend...

**ATH Chevoski Collins and CB Noel Ellis have both confirmed they'll be in town.

**DB Maurice Smith will not be in attendance and says he's unsure about the June 10th camp. My guess is the staff will move on if he fails to show next weekend.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Great news on Luke!

Any ideas of which positions Texas' still "heavily" recruiting? CB, S, LB, DE, DT and an OL or am I completely off target?
    Meant to answer this and forgot about it. Here's a breakdown position by position so everyone can see where Texas is at with outstanding offers and some other guys they could be considering for offers. Please feel free to fill in the blanks if I'm missing anyone. WR Ra'Shaad Samples and DT Justin Manning are off the board.

QB
    Finished

RB
    I think Texas would like to stand pat after Wilson committed to Oregon, but the broken foot of Hicks may make them look for another guy just in case.

WR
    Robbie Rhodes, Fort Worth Southwest
    Kyrion Parker, Manvel (will attend the June 3rd camp)

TE
    Beau Sandland, Pierce CC (Woodland Hills, CA)
    Jeremiah Gaines, Red Oak (will NOT attend June 3rd camp)
    Bryson Burtnett, Springtown (will attend the June 3rd camp)

OL
    Caleb Benenoch, Katy Seven Lakes (committed to Michigan State, loves UT)
    Maurice Porter, Fort Bend Marshall

DT
    Scott Pagano, Moanalua (Honolulu, HI)
    Toby Johnson, Hutchinson CC (Hutchinson, KS)

DE
    Torrodney Prevot, Alief Taylor
    Marcus Hardison, Dodge City CC (Dodge City, KS)
    Mike Mitc , Plano PCA (wants to play LB, not likely to happen)

LB
    Not much movement here unless Texas decides to offer Mitc as an MLB.

CB
    Cole Luke, Hamilton (Chandler, AZ)
    Noel Ellis, Edna Karr (New Orleans, LA)
    Maurice Smith, Fort Bend Dulles (Texas could move on if he doesn't camp)
    Tavares Garner, Manvel (committed to Texas Tech, will attend June 3rd camp)

S
    Vonn Bell, Ridgeland (Rossville, GA)
    Marcell Harris, Dr. Phillips (Orlando, FL)
    Maurice Smith, Fort Bend Dulles (Texas could move on if he doesn't camp)
    Colin Janice, West Orange-Stark

ATH
    Chevoski Collins, Livingston

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from 2014 WR Cameron Sims who will be in town this weekend along with 2014 OL Cameron Robinson (24/7):

“I’ll be going to Texas’ one day camp this weekend,” said Sims. “I’m really looking forward to it. I have other camp stops as well, but Texas will be the first and I’m ready to check out what they have to offer.”

“I’m definitely interested in the Longhorns,” he said. “They’re a great school and have a great football team. They always have some really good players and take care of business out on the field. They also put plenty of players in the NFL, which is where I want to be in the end. And I like that they are close to home, which is something that I really want.”

"Schools that have good offenses are important to me,” Sims explained. “That’s one thing I really look at. I pay attention to what type of offense they run, how they use their wide receivers and how often they pass. I want to go to a place that knows what to do with my position and will make me become a better player.”

“I’ve known Cameron (Robinson) since the third grade,” explained Sims. “We’ve always been great friends and have always gone to school together. We’ve played at the same school all the way up to this point, so we’ve been talking about going to the same one at the next level. Texas might be one of those options, so we’re going to check it out.”

“Recruiting is really starting to pick up,” Sims said. “Right now I have four offers. The University of Washington, Northwestern, Louisiana-Monroe and Southern Miss have all offered me. Also, even though they haven’t offered, I’m hearing from some other bigger schools. I’ve heard from LSU, Alabama, Texas and some others quite a bit. I think I’ll begin to get more offers soon, especially after going to summer camps.”

"I know it’s still early, but I do have a top five,” he told Hookem.com. “My number one is definitely LSU. They’re my favorite right now. After that it’s Alabama, then Texas as number three, Baylor as four and then Georgia at five. Of course that could all change beginning this weekend when I visit these places.”

Thread Information