Page 79 of 143 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 3559
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that's really random Paranoid. It makes 0 sense for SA.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I want a SG-SF or a point guard.

Getting rid of Green or/and Sjax would be a plus.

A intriguing option could be Tyreke Evans, who could start at SG and play backup PG, unlike Jennings he has the size, only problem is his shooting is kinda bad for a SG but I have faith in Chip's abilities.

Wouldn't give up too much to get him tho, maybe something like :

Green + Sjax + picks for Evans + Garcia

Garcia's contract will be expiring next year and could be a decent trade chip.

Ticks all the boxes for me, Kings probably wouldn't do it but whatever...
    Last edited by Paranoid Pop; 01-21-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also think Cousins and Sjax need to be in the same locker room, it's too intriguing not to happen.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any way we can swing DeJuan and CoJo for Randolph/Fournier + Quincy Miller?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tristan Thompson, Robin Lopez and Emeka Okafor are 3 blokes i hope the Spurs have tabs on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, we can trade Bonner if we can absorb Jon Leuer's contract for Ford's trade exception. Leuer has range, can be our stretch four. Maybe Blair + CoJo for Casspi and Leuer? Then we can swing Bonner to any team who needs redheads

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Blair is going to be a rental of sorts then this makes sense: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b8wvatq

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or a trade to Boston: Green, Neal, Blair, Joseph for Lee, Barbosa, and Melo http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=apyfo35

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    general "trade deadline" deals starting to happen:

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS League source confirms Grizzlies agree to send Marreese Speights, Josh Selby to Cavs for Jon Leuer. There is a pick involved in deal.

Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN
    Deal would potentially save Grizzlies more than $4 million and take them below the luxury tax.

**Update:

Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN Wayne Ellington also going to Cavs as part of deal. Will save Grizzlies $6 million, get them safely under tax line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    general "trade deadline" deals starting to happen:

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS League source confirms Grizzlies agree to send Marreese Speights, Josh Selby to Cavs for Jon Leuer. There is a pick involved in deal.

Deal would potentially save Grizzlies more than $4 million and take them below the luxury tax.

**Update:

Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN Wayne Ellington also going to Cavs as part of deal. Will save Grizzlies $6 million, get them safely under tax line.
    Oh. I was about to post about the trade.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Decent move, trading Randolph would have been mind boggling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, Memphis signed Speights in July and 6 months later they used a first round pick to salary dump him and go under the tax. I know Memphis got a new owner but that's a weird move.

Grizz would be about the same on the court. Vujacic and/or West will replace Ellington and Arthur will play more minutes to compensate Speights departure. If Arthur got injured again, they will be in deep trouble.

For Spurs, consequences will be firstly financial ones. The luxury tax pie will be smaller by about $4M and there will have one more team to take a part of it. All in all, with this deal, Spurs will get about $150K less when the luxury tax money will be redistributed. Even if Spurs plan to stay below the tax, this deal make it less painful to go over it since it lowered the reward to teams below the tax.

Finally, even if I doubt it, maybe this deal will be the first domino and will generate some movements right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

On the paper, Spurs could have what Lakers want with their expiring contracts (Jack, Bonner, Splitter..) but a trade that big between Spurs and Lakers is highly unlikely.

Regardless of Spurs, I hope Pau will land with a good team. He is a tremendous player and, between Bryant throwing him under the bus and D'Antoni atrocious coaching, what happens to him with lakers isn't deserved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

On the paper, Spurs could have what Lakers want with their expiring contracts (Jack, Bonner, Splitter..) but a trade that big between Spurs and Lakers is highly unlikely.

Regardless of Spurs, I hope Pau will land with a good team. He is a tremendous player and, between Bryant throwing him under the bus and D'Antoni atrocious coaching, what happens to him with lakers isn't deserved.
    Yeah when Woj tweeted that I tweeted back a trade idea to him, lol, but like you said the chances of the Spurs and Lakers making a deal with each other, not very likely.

I don't know what I would do if he did join the Spurs because I have always hated him for "Pau Yell" but he is still a great player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering some of the small contracts involved in this trade, hopefully it creates a market value for Blair and our other trade assets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN Much like Rockets-Raptors trade for Kyle Lowry last summer, pick Grizzlies sent Cavs is protected from 1-5 & 15-30.

To make trade work. the Cavs waived Jeremy Pargo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a good move for CLE

This trade shows us how much of a steal SA got sending Jefferson (sheeding 11m in the process) to GS for a really late 1st round pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I posted this elsewhere and I was redirected to this thread:

Okay what if we did this straight up??

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b7ans3p

The worst thing that can happen is that we get another great Towel-Waver a la Patrick Mills and that Splitter/Duncan have a big body to work against during Practice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Orleans are tied for last in the West. And they have 2 very good 24 year old bigs in Ryan Anderson and Robin Lopez.

Do you reckon they'd be considering building a contender around Davis, Gordon, Anderson and Lopez, which will take longer then theyd want, if ever, considering they're last and suck bad this year or theyd wanna tank repeatedly the next few years to build around Davis, Vasquez and Gordon with good early draft picks?

We can certaintly help them tank.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bet6dp9

Gives us two bigs that could help us contend for the le this year and next. Gives a strong interior presence and a very good all around big man that can shoot lights out. Gives the Hornets 11 million in expiring contracts and the gaurentee they'll hardly win another game the rest of the season and get some high lottery picks for the next few years.

Then we somehow try and solve our backup SF situation when people start getting waived as per usual after the trade frenzy.
    Last edited by Russo21; 01-24-2013 at 10:38 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Orleans are tied for last in the West. And they have 2 very good 24 year old bigs in Ryan Anderson and Robin Lopez.

Do you reckon they'd be considering building a contender around Davis, Gordon, Anderson and Lopez, which will take longer then theyd want, if ever, considering they're last and suck bad this year or theyd wanna tank repeatedly the next few years to build around Davis, Vasquez and Gordon with good early draft picks?

Gives us two bigs that could help us contend for the le this year and next. Gives a strong interior presence and a very good all around big man that can shoot lights out. Gives the Hornets 11 million in expiring contracts and the gaurentee they'll hardly win another game the rest of the season and get some high lottery picks for the next few years.

Then we somehow try and solve our backup SF situation when people start getting waived as per usual after the trade frenzy.
    Why people who hate Bonner would want to trade for Anderson never ceases to amaze me. Anderson's dropoff from regular season to the playoffs makes Bonner look clutch. For the Spurs, his contract is absurd for someone who has choked so hard in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trading Davis and Gordon would allows them to tank better, too...

That's not the point though. The Pelicans have no reason to move either player. They're getting great production out of Anderson and Lopez while still managing to lose a bunch of games. They have this whole tanking thing down pat.

I think they'll be a playoff team next year if they can find a good wing in the draft or free agency. Even when Davis is hurt, they look like they can win 45 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Realistically the only players SA would put on the table to get an upgrade are Blair, Bonner and maybe Neal depending on the player they're getting back. Add to that our 1st round pick (a late 1st again) and we can try to find the best possible option for that package.

I am on the Derrick Williams bandwagon (I think Bruno, Chino and some other fellows have the same opinion). Any other decent targets for this kind of package ? Maybe Patterson for Blair + Neal.

Any other realistic options ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A quick little personal overview of what to watch at the trade deadline regarding Spurs.

The backup PG spot:
    Spurs started the season with 4 potential players (Mills, Neal, De Colo and Joseph) to backup Parker. After 45 games, none has really pan out in that role and the backup PG is still a question mark. Is the answer within Spurs roster or should a trade be made to acquire a PG?

The logjam of guards:
    Spurs have 7 guards on the roster. That's a lot and it could create issues. Some players might not be happy about their playing time and hurt the team chemistry while the younger players won't get the necessary playing time to develop their game.

Stephen Jackson:
    Jack has been good this season. He hasn't shot the ball well and he seems slow on the court. Is it mainly because he is coasting in the Robert Horry mold or is it mainly because he is aging? If Spurs thinks that it's somewhat unlikely that he would be able to raise his level for the playoffs, they need an insurance for him. This insurance could be had without a trade by playing 3 guards lineups but Spurs might want to have another SF on their roster.

Getting another quality big:

It was a big need earlier this season but this need has been lowered a lot with pop starting Splitter and going with a 3 bigmen rotation of Duncan, Splitter and Diaw. To complement that rotation, Pop can use small ball, Bonner, Blair and Baynes. It's now debatable whether or not Spurs end to get another quality big. If they get one, it should likely be a PF who will have a shot at taking away some minutes at Diaw who has been so-so this season.

DeJuan Blair:
    Blair has already asked to be traded and has complained about his playing time. This season for the third season in a row, he went from starter to end of the bench player. With the Baynes signing, he will be in an even more complicate situation. A trade seems to be the best solution for both Blair and Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I think the Spurs are pretty set right now to make their playoff push after the Baynes signing, so I wont be disappointed if we stand pat at the deadline.

That said, the Blair-Spurs relationship should end based on the off-court stuff. I'd welcome a 2nd rounder at this point. The guard logjam, while not fatal to the Spurs' chances this year imo is potentially problematic down the line. If Spurs are able to move someone for a back-up SF prospect to eventually replace Sjax, I'd be happy; though, I dont see that player contributing to this year's team.

Thread Information