Page 79 of 207 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 5170
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per 24/7, the entire 2012 recruiting class has enrolled at UT. Apparently RB Daje Johnson had some hang-ups, but all is well now and he's in the dorms.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from 2014 DE/LB Hoza Scott after his unofficial to Texas on Monday (24/7):

“It was pretty good. I liked it a lot,” Scott said Tuesday night. “At first I wasn't feeling [UT], but when I went there and I met all the coaches and everything it changed my mind.”

”It was a different feeling,” he said. “They made you feel comfortable. They did everything to make sure you were okay. It was just a different experience. I liked it.”

”Speed-wise, strength-wise, it's all there for them (the team at UT),” he said.

“He (Mack Brown) just told me that he can't offer me a scholarship right now, but he pre-approved me for a scholarship. He said, 'I'm not going to make you come to my school, but you're a really great athlete and I'd like for you to come here,’” Scott said.

”I'm still thinking about Texas and Texas A&M right now. As of right now I still think A&M, but UT is right behind them,” he said.

“I'm going back out there for a camp (to A&M). I'm going to the UT camp, the LSU camp and the Alabama camp,” he said.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It may sound stupid a little too reactionary, but I have one feeling on players who decommit; 'em. Don't pick a team unless you're absolutely sure, and it gives more insight into Ricky Seal-Jones' conviction and decision-making. with him.

My Team
    Miami Hurricanes
    Post Count
    It may sound stupid a little too reactionary, but I have one feeling on players who decommit; 'em. Don't pick a team unless you're absolutely sure, and it gives more insight into Ricky Seal-Jones' conviction and decision-making. with him.

I agree with you on one thing, this is a little too reactionary. These are 17 y/o kids making a life changing decision. I hope in the end he recommits, but if not good luck to him wherever he ends up. What are you going to do if he recommits? Welcome him back, never celebrate a touchdown that he scores? Will your feelings change and make a decision that he is ok afterall? What would that say about your decision making and convictions? Step away from the ledge. He's an excellent prospect, but one player will not make or break UT. Breathe!!

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Welcome to the board, KTA.

I'm surprised to see A&M listed as a school he's considering since I've read in the past that the family wasn't high on Sumlin. Also surprised to see his mother list off so many powerhouse basketball schools like Kansas and Kentucky. RSJ is a great basketball player, but I don't see him attending a school where the basketball program is the primary focus.
    I've read this board forever, but it took months for posting access to be granted lol.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The best news that we can get in the next days regarding Seals-Jones is that Major will become his recruiter. Until then, I'll feel like we are not putting all our effort to get him back.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The best news that we can get in the next days regarding Seals-Jones is that Major will become his recruiter. Until then, I'll feel like we are not putting all our effort to get him back.

Bohls and Golden over at the AAS are pretty confident it is over with RSJ and they feel he will sign with LSU.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/conte...logs_bevo_beat

From USA today -

"Recently, however, he attended a recruit picnic at Louisiana State."

"I can't say I'm real comfortable that this is going on," Sealy football coach Jimmie Mitc said. "It was a little bit of a shock. We had a plan to visit a number of different schools back in March, but instead he decided to commit to Texas. Now, he's had a change of heart about seeing other places."

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...ent-to-texas/1

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    They obviously know something that we don't and are very pessimistic about the recruitment.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    @SoonerScoop: Just to be completely clear. Stoops says Jaz Reynolds, Trey Franks, and Q. Hayes all removed from scholarship. Kameel Jackson still on team.

@SoonerScoop: Just to be completely clear. Stoops says Jaz Reynolds, Trey Franks, and Q. Hayes all removed from scholarship. Kameel Jackson still on team.

Well things could be worse, we could be Sooners. Just gotta get through the summer and put some wins together in the Fall.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    bflt sighting

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    "I can't say I'm real comfortable that this is going on," Sealy football coach Jimmie Mitc said. "It was a little bit of a shock. We had a plan to visit a number of different schools back in March, but instead he decided to commit to Texas. Now, he's had a change of heart about seeing other places."
    Discouraging quote.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from QB Tyrone Swoopes as he gets ready for the Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge:

"I just want to show everybody that I can throw the ball, that I have been working this summer and that I'm good at what I do," Swoopes said.

"I think people do (underestimate him as a passer), just because when you look at my highlights, you see a lot of running. But that's not all that I do. We do a whole lot of passing stuff, I just didn't get a chance to use it last year. This coming up year, I'll have more opportunities to show that I can pass the ball because everybody will be prepared for me to run the ball."

"I've been working on the little things. I've talked to coach Harsin about things and we talked after the camp," Swoopes said. "He told me I have the big things that I need, like arm strength and good feet. You can always work more on your feet, but I want to work on the little things that it takes to be accurate."

"I'm not trying to show anybody up. I'm just trying to better myself and be the best that I can be,"
    Swoopes said. "If someone better than me, that's the way it's meant to be and I'll keep working. But I'll try my best to be the best I can as a football player and as a person."

"It will feel good to know I'll be down there with people I know and that we will be representing the same school in the future," Swoopes said. "I think it will be good for Texas, good for me."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Good news and bad news on OL/DL A'Shawn Robinson. He will be attending the second summer camp this Sunday but he's mulling over the idea of taking an unofficial visit to USC as they've always been a childhood favorite. Nothing is set in stone right now and hopefully UT will gain a little momentum after this weekend.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Cole Luke's top 5: Notre Dame, Texas, Michigan, Nebraska and Cal

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Cole Luke's top 5: Notre Dame, Texas, Michigan, Nebraska and Cal
    Surprised to see OU failing to make the cut. I think Texas can land Luke if they stay in there. Only pure CB left on the board.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from S Erik Huhn on his commitment to UT:

"Coach (Duane) Akina always told me they play a lot of man. We don't play man at our school," Huhn said. "He wanted to see if I could do that and I did pretty well at the camp."

"We went to coach (Mack) Brown's office and he said he wanted me there. He asked if I wanted to be there and I told him that's where I wanted to be. So we said it was a done deal," Huhn said.

"That's just where I'd always wanted to go," Huhn said. "It's really close to home, the tradition is great, football is great. I talked to (former Steele teammate) Malcolm (Brown) and he told me how good it is there and that's what put Texas over the top."

"I think I'll bring hard work (to Texas). I'm going try to help bring a national championship there," Huhn said. "I'm going to work hard, not take any plays off. I like to run to the ball and I like to make big hits. And I feel like I can make plays on the ball too."

"It's really a big relief. Now I don't have to worry about taking visits and I can just look forward to my senior year," Huhn said. "It still feels great to be part of the team, part of the tradition."

"I'll just be getting ready for my senior season. It's going to be a special one for me with it being my last high school year," Huhn said. "I want to try to win one more for the Knights."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Rivals front page article:

Swoopes ready to air it out

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...sp?CID=1372919

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Jesus over at IT pins chances of RSJ re-committing to Texas at 25%.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Can't say I'm surprised, Maurice Smith to Bama

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Can't say I'm surprised, Maurice Smith to Bama
    meh, i think we will survive

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quick quote from the coach of ATH Ricky Seals-Jones:

"I think Ricky's long-term future is in football and I've told him that, but he and others want him to play basketball too," Mitc said. "I don't think it's anything Texas did wrong. Not at all."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quote from the coach of OL/DL Andrew Billings:

"They (the Billings family) haven't really talked much about anybody from Minnesota to Missouri to TCU. But they really were excited after yesterday's visit (to Texas),” Waco High head coach Marty Herbst said. “That's the first time I've seen that from either one of them."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Major surprise accroding to OrangeBloods. DT Justin Manning is scheduled to attend the J10 summer camp this weekend. Not sure how I feel about that one.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Good news from Inside Texas...

**A new DT has been contacted by UT. JUCO prospect Marquel Combs from Pierce CC in Woodland Hills, CA (same schools as TE Beau Sandland) is receiving interest at the moment. He's currently committed to Ole Miss.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...l-Combs-133069

**It was reported by 24/7 on Monday that 2014 RB Donald Catalon was not happy with the UT staff after he attended J3 and nobody acknowledged that he was even there. Well, Applewhite seems to have patched things up and Catalon will be returning to Austin for J10.

Thread Information