Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I was talking about the "historical" aspects of the Big10, I assumed by mentioning Woody, Bo......it was obvious.
    Why?

It has little to do with today's big 10.

Might as well put Saban in there, your description is his college football dream world.
    "Ya see we get to many injuries with these spread hurry up offenses"

then...

“That’s a tough, physical game,” Saban said. “That’s old-fashioned ball. That’s the kind of football that, when I played, we played. Nothing spread about that.” Concerning the LSU victory.

So why don't you make a list of the most prolific lying college coaches, you can start with Switzer and Saban.

Why?

It has little to do with today's big 10.

Might as well put Saban in there, your description is his college football dream world.
    "Ya see we get to many injuries with these spread hurry up offenses"

then...

“That’s a tough, physical game,” Saban said. “That’s old-fashioned ball. That’s the kind of football that, when I played, we played. Nothing spread about that.” Concerning the LSU victory.

So why don't you make a list of the most prolific lying college coaches, you can start with Switzer and Saban.
    The college game is about tradition. The media loves to talk about....the good old days. So we do see Notre Dame/Big10 get a lot of attention because of those...once upon a time...days. Something we don't see with schools like TCU, Baylor.

Who can talk Baylor football, yep...few. What college football fan isn't well aware of ND/Big10 "lore" ?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If FSU goes undefeated and the other conference champs sans Big 10 are 1-loss teams, then the final 4 is obvious unless it is biased. What will make it very interesting is if FSU loses or Georgia somehow wins the SEC champ game. Then is ed up and bull .
    This is is exactly what I want to see tested. Even tastier would be Missouri winning the SEC championship. They lost to mighty Indiana at home when Indiana smashed mouthed the football down their throats on the last drive. That's a horrid loss non conference.

Or I would like to see Alabama and Miss St play a great game with Miss st. barely losing. Then have Fl St., Oregon, and number of specefic 1 loss teams lose again. Then Georgia beat Bama. Which could lead to 3 SEC Teams selected. This idea that a committee won't be regionally biased is absurd. And with all the networks that televise specific conferences basically running add campaigns for their conferences; the mess is too interesting to pass up.

I can say this with a bad UT team having nothing to lose. As a Baylor fan having a 1 loss team getting rejected it might not be so pleasant.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The college game is about tradition. The media loves to talk about....the good old days. So we do see Notre Dame/Big10 get a lot of attention because of those...once upon a time...days. Something we don't see with schools like TCU, Baylor.

Who can talk Baylor football, yep...few. What college football fan isn't well aware of ND/Big10 "lore" ?
    The unbiased committee members who shut this out of their minds in making selections.

The unbiased committee members who shut this out of their minds in making selections.
    Don't act as if you know these people, ok? We have no idea what they are thinking.

In a perfect college football world we need to see....

FSU
    MSU
    Oregon
    TCU

tomorrow night.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    You should just thank your lucky stars you no longer have to play the aggies.
    Oh no. They're a bunch of crazy sheep ing jar bas s, but they were ours. Now they're yours.

i miss those guys

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Don't act as if you know these people, ok? We have no idea what they are thinking.
    You acted as if you knew they'd pick Notre Dame for sure because it's notre dame

But at least you came around.

And you're fat.

Ok?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    everyone counting out ASU

Can't say I blame most of you, they love to choke when it matters. If they can go undefeated into the PAC 12 championship game I'll start to truly believe.
    Well at least Tech>ASU

You acted as if you knew they'd pick Notre Dame for sure because it's notre dame

But at least you came around.

And you're fat.

Ok?
    How many yards does Nick Chubb have, what's his average?

Texas Tech by two TD's, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

FSU
    MSU
    Oregon
    TCU

tomorrow night.
    MSU.

Top 4 I want to see

FSU
    Bama
    Oregon
    TCU.

It sucks we don't have at least 8 teams though. They need to fix that.

MSU.

Top 4 I want to see

FSU
    Bama
    Oregon
    TCU.

It sucks we don't have at least 8 teams though. They need to fix that.
    I don't care which SEC team is there as long as just one. We do need as much of the country involved as we can get.

They will change it to top 8 before the end of this decade.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    They will change it to top 8 before the end of this decade.
    Dunno. The contracts they all signed expire in 2024 (or 2025)

Dunno. The contracts they all signed expire in 2024 (or 2025)
    Contracts and football, come on man.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Contracts and football, come on man.
    This is the NCAA where feet drag.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    Duke Blue Devils
    Post Count

Al Golden has never beat FSU. If a FSU loss means two SEC teams get in....hmmmm?

My Team
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Post Count
    Well at least Tech>ASU
    what a forgettable game on our side. At least ASU's gone in a better direction since.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    what a forgettable game on our side. At least ASU's gone in a better direction since.
    Tech

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count

FSU
    MSU
    Oregon
    TCU

tomorrow night.
    Why FSU???

They have been behind 4 times at halftime to bad teams. Winston makes some great throws, but also has been turnover prone this year. Other than their D line their defense is not good.

I get that are the defending national champs, but that was last year not this year. Their schedule is paper thin this year.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Oh , Archie Manning had to leave the committee for medical reasons. He would have had no bias.
    GTFO moron. We have no idea what the Big 12 commissioner is thinking either... Really?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ungodly amount of mistakes by Tech this year.
    True suffering right there....

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    Duke Blue Devils
    Post Count
    Why FSU???

They have been behind 4 times at halftime to bad teams. Winston makes some great throws, but also has been turnover prone this year. Other than their D line their defense is not good.

I get that are the defending national champs, but that was last year not this year. Their schedule is paper thin this year.
    FSU secondary is good. The linebackers are kind of a revolving door at this point.

Oregon at number 1?

FSU looked bad.

MSU lost.

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    If LSU and A&M both drop from the top-25, that means Miss St has 1 win over a ranked team this year, and that's Auburn How can they still be top 4?

Thread Information