Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kyrie sick? No. Iverson sick? No. Isiah Thomas sick? No.

But historical big man level sick? Absolutely.

OTOH, magic is the best ball handling big PG ever. Both types of ball handling.
    Larry bird rebounded like a big but calling his handle big man sick is a cop out...
    Tmac Grant Hillis are his same height, and KD is taller both played some SF and some PF like Bird and have better dribbling type handles ... Pippen too

As far as Magic he is great ball handler.(ha, phrasing!)..absolutely a strong handle... But the guys you mentioned above, are just better at the dribbling part of the game ... it's not disrespectful to concede that Amb.
    It's hard to take us fans of the 80's seriously ... if we can't even admit that modern nba bigs like KG and cweb are better at dribbling than the legends before... In the 80s.
    Tmac and KD (guys with their height) don't bring up the ball most bigs deferred to their PGs.
    Modern stars Bird's height and taller can dribble better than plenty of 1980 PG's
    Doesn't mean they are better game has just evolved ... some of it better plenty of it worse.

but me saying Luka fots modern NBA better is not some major slap at Bird.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 01-15-2019 at 09:20 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Larry bird rebounded like a big but calling his handle big man sick is a cop out...
    Tmac Grant Hillis are his same height, and KD is taller both played some SF and some PF like Bird and have better dribbling type handles ... Pippen too

As far as Magic he is great ball handler.(ha, phrasing!)..absolutely a strong handle... But the guys you mentioned above, are just better at the dribbling part of the game ... it's not disrespectful to concede that Amb.
    It's hard to take us fans of the 80's seriously ... if we can't even admit that modern nba bigs like KG and cweb are better at dribbling than the legends before... In the 80s.
    Tmac and KD (guys with their height) don't bring up the ball most bigs deferred to their PGs.
    Modern stars Bird's height and taller can dribble better than plenty of 1980 PG's
    Doesn't mean they are better game has just evolved ... some of it better plenty of it worse.

but me saying Luka fots modern NBA better is not some major slap at Bird.
    Ball handling is more about dribbling the ball. Guys look fancy doing it. Bird is 6’9” and Mac 6’7” I believe. And bird can seriously dibble onanywhere he wants on the court. That’s important. He can’t cross guys over and break ankles because he’s not quick but he gets to places by being smart.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ball handling is more about dribbling the ball. Guys look fancy doing it. Bird is 6’9” and Mac 6’7” I believe. And bird can seriously dibble onanywhere he wants on the court. That’s important. He can’t cross guys over and break ankles because he’s not quick but he gets to places by being smart.
    Tmac listed at 6 foot 8...
    Again I never said his handle was weak just said not sick not as good as Luka. I probably see more mavs games than any other team besides Lakers. Luka pulling step back moves Bird just never did I won't say he couldn't maybe he would but I just never saw it...
    Be curious if any mav fans that were old enough to see both play will chime in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tmac listed at 6 foot 8...
    Again I never said his handle was weak just said not sick not as good as Luka. I probably see more mavs games than any other team besides Lakers. Luka pulling step back moves Bird just never did I won't say he couldn't maybe he would but I just never saw it...
    Be curious if any mav fans that were old enough to see both play will chime in.
    I don’t see Luka being noticeably better than bird in ball handling. Tmac and Durant is unusual in that regard. I don’t see KG or CWebb being better ball handlers than bird either. Both of them were probably worse.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don’t see Luka being noticeably better than bird in ball handling. Tmac and Durant is unusual in that regard. I don’t see KG or CWebb being better ball handlers than bird either. Both of them were probably worse.
    speaking more dribbling, not ballhandling overall as bigs ...
    you expanded handles to overall ball handling ...

I was comparing those guys to traditional bigs more than Bird, tbh
    Bird is a wing, the GOAT SF before Lebron.
    I dont compare Lebron and Bird to bigs.
    Sure, compared to Kareem and shaq Larry has a "sick" handle ...
    but compared to modern SF's like Lebron and KD (and Luka) he does not.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think harden has a better "handle" than Jordan, but i dont think he is anywhere near as good as MJ overall ...
    Partly because MJ turned it over less you could argue he is better "ball handler" (phrasing!) but his handles are just not as good as harden.
    Again, that is not a knock on Mj.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    speaking more dribbling, not ballhandling overall as bigs ...
    you expanded handles to overall ball handling ...

I was comparing those guys to traditional bigs more than Bird, tbh
    Bird is a wing, the GOAT SF before Lebron.
    I dont compare Lebron and Bird to bigs.
    Sure, compared to Kareem and shaq Larry has a "sick" handle ...
    but compared to modern SF's like Lebron and KD (and Luka) he does not.
    Handle means ball handling, not dribbling.

Bird being a wing is debatable. Sure he’s got Mchale and parish in the low blocks a lot, and yes he does launch threes but bird operated in the post all the same. His post game and playing inside is a big part of his success.

There’s only a handful of big guys with the ball handling ability of bird.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Bird still GOAT sf

Turn off ESPN

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bird still GOAT sf

Turn off ESPN
    Look homey, I would love it if Magic were greater than Lebron it would be great if Bird were better than Bron too,
    that was my era, those were my guys that made me love hoops.
    When Magic became friends with Bird I became a fan (As a kid and a Lakerfan we all hated bird in the mid 80's)

But bron is better than both, stop it.
    I like Magic more, far more as a leader and clutch player.

But Bron is better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron is better than both. That I agree.

Funny how 3 of the top 5 goats are either SG or SF, two of the weakest positions in the league history.

Thread Information