Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we stop calling this guy a 3&D player?

After a "fluke bad shooting year", as his pumpers say, in which he shot 33.2% from deep.... His current 3P% keeps plummeting and plummeting by the game.

Over his last 7 games he's averaging 5pts and shooting 26.7% from three

Get this declining 30yr old off the team RC
    We can't. He's irreplaceable. And apparently a top 3 role player in this league. That's what I've been told. And these guys are never wrong, just ask them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is still a good asset.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can't. He's irreplaceable. And apparently a top 3 role player in this league. That's what I've been told. And these guys are never wrong, just ask them.
    Same people think the Rockets are better when Harden doesn't have the ball

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we stop calling this guy a 3&D player?

After a "fluke bad shooting year", as his pumpers say, in which he shot 33.2% from deep.... His current 3P% keeps plummeting and plummeting by the game.

Over his last 7 games he's averaging 5pts and shooting 26.7% from three

Get this declining 30yr old off the team RC
    I can't figure out if you're a troll or just have no concept of statistics. A five game sample size does not a season make. He's shooting at just under 40% this season. Excluding last season which you admit was a down year he's 41.7% for his career. That's a difference of four made threes this season. He's still shooting from three at a very high level.

If you actually wanted an area of concern it's his two point shooting which gets worse and worse, whether at the rim or when chases off the line. He's been particularly abysmal from midrange (10-16 ft). Teams are learning to chase him off the line and force this, which is the real issue ... not his ability to knock down threes at well above average percentages and rates.

His D remains invaluable. Be grateful for him as the alternatives of Simmons and Anderson would destroy floor spacing. But his offensive game gets wasted without a penetrator and that's on Parker and Manu. Something does need to be done to address this next offseason or hope Murray develops leaps and bounds this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't figure out if you're a troll or just have no concept of statistics. A five game sample size does not a season make. He's shooting at just under 40% this season. Excluding last season which you admit was a down year he's 41.7% for his career. That's a difference of four made threes this season. He's still shooting from three at a very high level.
    It's you that doesn't understand stats. I'm not wrong in saying his 3P% is getting worse by the game. After a hot November and December his 3P% was at an insane 46.4%, that's exactly why his overall percentage may not look bad (yet). In 2017 he's at an average-below average 34.1%. That's not what you should see from an already offensively crippled player. It's the only thing he brings to the table on that side.

But his offensive game gets wasted without a penetrator and that's on Parker and Manu. Something does need to be done to address this next offseason or hope Murray develops leaps and bounds this summer.
    Here we go with the bull lie again. Parker and Manu are not at fault when this bum airballs or hits front of the rim on open threes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If you actually wanted an area of concern it's his two point shooting which gets worse and worse, whether at the rim or when chases off the line. He's been particularly abysmal from midrange (10-16 ft). Teams are learning to chase him off the line and force this, which is the real issue ... not his ability to knock down threes at well above average percentages and rates.

His D remains invaluable. Be grateful for him as the alternatives of Simmons and Anderson would destroy floor spacing. But his offensive game gets wasted without a penetrator and that's on Parker and Manu. Something does need to be done to address this next offseason or hope Murray develops leaps and bounds this summer.
    Why would you bother to give that a real response, tbh?

There's nothing that really needs to be said..Pop's going to stick with him, he just needs to make 3s when it matters, like he usually does(one of the best shooters in playoffs history)..he shot as poorly as possible during last year's RS, something like 32 or 33% from 3, but then shot as well as you could ever ask for in the playoffs, which is all he needs to do for the Spurs..

Last edited by HarlemHeat37; 03-04-2017 at 03:39 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly cannot believe we are having Danny Green value conversations in 2017

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Second year in row.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Second year in row.
    Well deserved. That's because he's shooting threes like Korver.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Second year in row.
    "Well deserved rest" part killed me

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porker rests in the games though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Non-issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has to recharge those guns to make 3 pointers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Second year in row.
    This is funny. How about that hamstring or quad injury? Timing lol

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    UNC won, Danny has to be hitting some club by now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After watching this dude mail it in for the 65th time this season, I felt like this thread had to be made.

A friend of mine texted me after the Warriors game saying he saw Danny at the club after the game, and it got me thinking.. He's been hitting the club way more this year than he has before, and I don't think it's a coincedence that his shot left all of a sudden. I know some of you believe he'll stop coasting come playoff time but he was a no show for 6 games against the Clips and was outplayed by Marco. If he sucks this post season, it's going to be tough to unload that contract...

Hope he gets off this slump, because Curry might be able to play 48 minutes if he's guarding Green

Hope China has fire clubs for Danny's best interest....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly cannot believe we are having Danny Green value conversations in 2017
    how about 2018?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shall we stop calling him LDN?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think so long as Danny Green is getting Pawgs..I dont really think he cares about basketball on a day to day basis anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Low-dose naltrexone (LDN)?
    Little ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While y'all hating, you know what Danny is doing...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah. he's earned his place in Spurs lore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah. he's earned his place in Spurs lore.
    TP's attempts at shattering that lore tbh:
    "I can't believe he's still open at this moment in the series," Spurs point guard Tony Parker said after Game 5. "They are still trapping me and doubling [Tim Duncan], and Danny is wide open. He's shooting the ball well. If you are going to leave Danny wide open, he's going to make threes."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP's attempts at shattering that lore tbh:
    "I can't believe he's still open at this moment in the series," Spurs point guard Tony Parker said after Game 5. "They are still trapping me and doubling [Tim Duncan], and Danny is wide open. He's shooting the ball well. If you are going to leave Danny wide open, he's going to make threes."
    one of the most overblown narratives in recent ST history...

danny made 25 threes in the first 5 games. its not like Spo didn't realize that he was hot until parker's quote. and he still got off plenty of attempts in games 6 and 7... he just shot 2-11 in those games

Thread Information