Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony was never a terrible jump shooter. He was average to slightly above average to begin with. I liked that he took threes early on his career. It pissed me off when they made him stop shooting them as I think it re ed his game. If he kept shooting that 3-pointer and learned to make a higher percentage of them, it would have opened up his game so much more - it could have been ridiculous to couple a decent 3-point shot with his speed. I still don't get why Pop told him to not shoot threes for a long stretch of years. IMO it was stupid.
    Because with Parker for a lot of years the long 2 or a 3 ball was a poor shot. It also tended to lead towards long rebounds and run outs. The whole plan of the Spurs was to methodically score 90 points per game and have the wings funnel you into the towers. First team to 90 wins and it worked... At least in part because giving the ball to Duncan in the paint meant either 2 points, a foul or a open look off of a double team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker also had an awesome floater, much, much more consistent than Murray’s inconsistent go to floater. Parker’s floater has fallen off late in his career just as Duncan’s bankshot did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting that a PG in his second year that never played pro is being bashed because he isn't as good as a HOF level pg that had several pro years under his belt... Very interesting...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not many point guards of the future come out of late in the first round tbh. And spare me Tiny Parker. There are exceptions.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parkers floater was as good as a wide open dunk in his prime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP was an absolute wizard in the paint tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mini Hakeem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker also had an awesome floater, much, much more consistent than Murray’s inconsistent go to floater. Parker’s floater has fallen off late in his career just as Duncan’s bankshot did.
    In my opinion Parker literally invented the modern floater which is close to a finger role in being an underhanded soft flip, but the floater is from farther out of course. That is one very tough shot to master, especially when delivering it at speed in the paint. Other players have adopted it but none do it any better than Parker in his prime. Murray's inconsistent floater, even though he has better height and reach, demonstrates just how tough that shot is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray's strength is his rebounding and defense. Murray should model his game after Gary Payton since his build is very similar to Payton's build.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray's strength is his rebounding and defense. Murray should model his game after Gary Payton since his build is very similar to Payton's build.
    Payton was a pg, murray is a sg

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why does it seem like we're expecting Dijon to be Russell Westbrook 1.5 seasons in?

does anyone remember what Kawhi looked like in the beginning?

2019 champion Spurs will be because Kawhi and DM are wrecking shop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    murray is a big reason the spurs pulled out the last two wins as he provided an attack that the mavs and clippers were not able to handle. he shot the ball nicely in those games as well and his rebounding and energy were there as always. it's been nice to see the kid show something as of late.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I almost got a bit to happy over this dude after he fought for that rebound an ended in a jump ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could tell Pop is a proud daddy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why does it seem like we're expecting Dijon to be Russell Westbrook 1.5 seasons in?

does anyone remember what Kawhi looked like in the beginning?

2019 champion Spurs will be because Kawhi and DM are wrecking shop
    Yeah, he looked pretty damn awesome since the beggining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, he looked pretty damn awesome since the beggining.
    i wouldn't say he looked awesome. he looked like a solid pick because he proved to be athletic and tough on the defensive side of the ball. but his shooting was erratic, he had no three point range and his ball handling was suspect. the improvement on kawhi since his rookie year has been exponential.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wouldn't say he looked awesome. he looked like a solid pick because he proved to be athletic and tough on the defensive side of the ball. but his shooting was erratic, he had no three point range and his ball handling was suspect. the improvement on kawhi since his rookie year has been exponential.
    Not true at all. Kawhi worked on his jump shot from the moment he was drafted. Chip met with him prior to the lockout and told him what he needed to do to fix his shot. Kawhi followed his directions and by the time he arrived to training camp his shot was fixed. It shocked the whole entire coaching staff that he had fixed it overnight. Kawhi shot 37 percent from 3 during his rookie year and 49 percent overall from the field. That's not someone with erratic shooting. Your right about Kawhi's ball handling not being good and his offensive game has evolved tremendously from being just a 3-D player which he was during his rookie year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Murray's flashes got people thinking he is the next big thing in S.A. I think he is on a four year path like Cojo and Anderson to be above average players; that being said, I still expect him to be starting year four if everything goes right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte has improved a lot. It's been gradual. It's not like he woke up one day and was an all star but one can see that he's starting to be more consistently good than erratic and that a faster style of play suits him.

He really should be playing some minutes every game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can never be like Parker. Parker's first step was lightening quick and he was the fastest player in the league for at least the first 10-12 years of his career.
    Parker may be one of the three quickest players in league history but I don't think Murray needs to be nearly as quick to have similar game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ? Kawhi shot .376 % from 3 on his rookie season. He has been a good NBA shooter since the beggining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker may be one of the three quickest players in league history but I don't think Murray needs to be nearly as quick to have similar game.
    this doesn't make any sense to me.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Different body type and playing style. Parkers first step and layup capability allowed him to either beat the big men guarding the basket or go between their arms. Murray's too lanky to be that coordinated, he wants to go over the trees.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Murray's flashes got people thinking he is the next big thing in S.A. I think he is on a four year path like Cojo and Anderson to be above average players; that being said, I still expect him to be starting year four if everything goes right.
    except he has great length for a guard and is very athletic which would separate him from the cojo and kyle in that regard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    except he has great length for a guard and is very athletic which would separate him from the cojo and kyle in that regard.
    Yes. I don't like that comparison frankly. Just got to keep him hungry and aspire to reach for the stars with him.

Thread Information