Page 80 of 95 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2352
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think he is salvageable, but he needs to find his role. He should put all his efforts into the defensive side of the ball. I don't know what happened to that, it was supossed to be his strength coming out of college. If he can become the main defender of the team, guarding 1 through 5; and on offense just limiting himself to hit the open 3 at a respectable rate and working as a secondary playmaker once they kicked it out to him, he could become a championship level role player ala Aaron Gordon. He has the physical tools, let's see if he has the IQ and effort to pull it off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think he is salvageable, but he needs to find his role. He should put all his efforts into the defensive side of the ball. I don't know what happened to that, it was supossed to be his strength coming out of college. If he can become the main defender of the team, guarding 1 through 5; and on offense just limiting himself to hit the open 3 at a respectable rate and working as a secondary playmaker once they kicked it out to him, he could become a championship level role player ala Aaron Gordon. He has the physical tools, let's see if he has the IQ and effort to pull it off.
    yeah, been saying it, but he needs to be an impact defender, not just a solid team defense guy or whatever. he needs to up on that end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan has played a little over 90 games? He played half of last season and half of this season. Maybe we should let him get more experience before we write him off. He has bad games but he also has really good games. That’s what happens with a young team. But he is a player that has potential to be a solid starter. Let’s not give up on him until he’s had more time to develop. Most rookies take 2-3 years to really step into a quality role. Wembys are rare.
    year 3 is usually where you should see a big leap forward. Then again year 5. So next season we really have to evaluate what we have in Sochan, Branham and Wesley. Them going through the motion in their 2nd year is totally normal.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is a better defensive player than Sharpe. If you can't see that you are blind.
    They are both weak defensively. I don't like Sochan's defensive game. And the stats show he isn't good. Sharpe is the better overall player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    year 3 is usually where you should see a big leap forward. Then again year 5. So next season we really have to evaluate what we have in Sochan, Branham and Wesley. Them going through the motion in their 2nd year is totally normal.
    Yes, it shocks me that Spurstalk posters are not more realistic as most tend to watch basketball more than the average person. I'm less excited about Branham and Wesley, but there are times where they have looked good, especially Branham. And maybe they are just Lonnie Walkers and if that is the case, then we'll let them walk when their contracts are over, but the last thing this team wants is to miss out on a Chauncy Billups type development. It took him a few years to earn his draft status, but once he did, he became a championship player. Same could be said for a lot of players, like Jermaine O'Neal or even a homegrown player like DJM.

It's funny because I hear people talk about how great DJM was, and he was good for us by year 4, but his first two years in the league, Spurstalk was calling him a bust because he couldn't dribble, shoot, or finish at the rim. Sounds very familiar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, it shocks me that Spurstalk posters are not more realistic as most tend to watch basketball more than the average person. I'm less excited about Branham and Wesley, but there are times where they have looked good, especially Branham. And maybe they are just Lonnie Walkers and if that is the case, then we'll let them walk when their contracts are over, but the last thing this team wants is to miss out on a Chauncy Billups type development. It took him a few years to earn his draft status, but once he did, he became a championship player. Same could be said for a lot of players, like Jermaine O'Neal or even a homegrown player like DJM.

It's funny because I hear people talk about how great DJM was, and he was good for us by year 4, but his first two years in the league, Spurstalk was calling him a bust because he couldn't dribble, shoot, or finish at the rim. Sounds very familiar.
    theres an expectation for young players to be inconsistent. i think the alarm bells ring when a player has either made no progress or has regressed. branham is playing worse than he did last year. point sochan was the worst version of sochan we had seen, even compared to rookie sochan.

if sochan can be an impact defender like he has been the last 2 games, the path to him carving out an nba career looks pretty clear because he does have nice ancillary skills, even if theyre not enough to make him an offensive focal point like pop thought. but if he's going to be a bad defender like he has been for long stretches, or just an invisible "good enough" defender, then thats not going to cut it if he wants to be a starter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sidenote: Royce O'Neal is one of my top free agency targets for the offseason

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan looking a lot better as of late, good to see. It's almost like playing his actual position helps his game.
    True, but you can also clearly see of late how his time at the point has helped him make the right decisions in transition. The PnR/2 man game with Wemby in the last game was also a joy to watch, and something I'd argue is attributable to better decisionmaking with the ball in his hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Don’t Look Now But Sochan’s Becoming An Exceptional Versatile Defensive Player And A Reliable Rim Runner/ Paint Scorer… Basically All The Makings Of What The Perfect Mate Next To Wemby Would Be Tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awesome tonight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I Just Sounded The Rascal Horn Tbh. Here He Comes In 3, 2, 1…

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great to see Jeremy excelling again in his natural role.

I’m still not sure if he’s a long term 4 next to Wemby, he may be more suited to being the 3 and having a slightly bigger/stronger wing at the 4 provided they can rebound and shoot the 3. It depends on how his body fills out and matures over the next 2-3 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing really well back in his natural spot. Who could have imagined it?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ but that’s the thing, it’s not his natural role aside from him being slotted as a front court player. He is much more comfortable with the decision making, and he is definitely developing chemistry with Victor is a cool way as a result. More than Vassell and Victor, which honestly, I still don’t really see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    B-but he’s a PF not a PG. People acting like Pop was trying to make him a PG instead of a versatile big who can rim-run, pass, and be that glue guy out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ but that’s the thing, it’s not his natural role aside from him being slotted as a front court player. He is much more comfortable with the decision making, and he is definitely developing chemistry with Victor is a cool way as a result. More than Vassell and Victor, which honestly, I still don’t really see.
    He can and will do plenty of playmaking and decisionmaking as a front court player, but now he's using areas of the floor that are more natural to him and is going against bigger players who can't keep up with his speed.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can and will do plenty of playmaking and decisionmaking as a front court player, but now he's using areas of the floor that are more natural to him and is going against bigger players who can't keep up with his speed.
    I hated the experiment but his court vision and positioning as the team sets up in the half court is significantly improved from last season. I don’t have the time but I’d bet money if you broke down tape there’s a direct line in that development and the experiment.

Open court is still a bit sloppy but you can almost see what he’s seeing. Sochan is a good piece if they can put together a serviceable team in the offseason. This is why you don’t panic and fire sale.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hated the experiment but his court vision and positioning as the team sets up in the half court is significantly improved from last season. I don’t have the time but I’d bet money if you broke down tape there’s a direct line in that development and the experiment.

Open court is still a bit sloppy but you can almost see what he’s seeing. Sochan is a good piece if they can put together a serviceable team in the offseason. This is why you don’t panic and fire sale.
    It was frustrating but now was the time to try. Legit think they wanted to see if they could get Keldon and Sochan on the court at the same time.

Sochan's offenive game is pretty limited right now and he's already pretty effective. It'll be fun to watch him develop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is shooting. 373 from deep this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm really interested how he'd look when he plays next to a 3-and-D SF. Our defense could be really good if we get one in the offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is starting to show that defensive potential. Wish we could say a bit more for Vassell.

The shot still doesn't look great but it goes in. He is only 20. Think he hit a bit of a sop re slump and still averaging 11 a game.

Looking forward to his future, whether it's a starting role or off the bench.

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is still garbage but Spurstalk has some of the lowest IQ posters who don’t know how to evaluate talent. Sochan only plays well when we’re up against teams with no frontline who are bottom tier defensive teams. His passiveness shooting actually works since he’ll drive to the rim instead of chucking 3s like the other clowns on the team. He’ll probably lay an egg vs any decent frontline like he has all season while airballing shots and falling to the ground every play. If Victor wasn’t setting him up for his points he’d look much worse as well, he can’t do the same for Victor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    swiss army knife

Thread Information