Page 80 of 94 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2345
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Good thing there was a local NRA firearms instructor nearby with an AR-15, otherwise more people would have died. The law was only 3 months old when the incident at Sutherland Springs happened.
    Yeah. The instructor shot a symptom. Did nothing to address the problem. Not blaming him, nobody's addressed the problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yesterday, the American College of Physicians loosened Type 2 Diabetes A1C goal to be between 7 and 8 instead of under 7 as the American Diabetes Association suggests. That alone will kill more people than any guns. Normal A1C is considered below 5.7 - IMO, it should be under 5. The public being educated about eating the right foods is not happening - that food pyramid is a joke - it should be flipped with carbs on the top and fats on the bottom.
    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2011/06/0...ww.google.com/

https://www.choosemyplate.gov

Food pyramid gone 7 years ago

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “It’s better than the pyramid, but that’s not saying a lot,” said Marion Nestle, a professor of nutrition at New York University. (from your first link).

My opinion on that plate - grain should be 1/4 of what it is, fruit should be 1/3 of what it is and there is NO FAT (nuts, seeds, olive oil, coconut oil) - do that and you cut diabetes and heart disease by 90%. Good fats are not dirty words.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aww your boy got the verified check mark

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aww your boy got the verified check mark
    He went HAM on Special Agent Hogg at the end. I'm proud tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how the has he not spoken to david hogg about this stuff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “It’s better than the pyramid, but that’s not saying a lot,” said Marion Nestle, a professor of nutrition at New York University. (from your first link).

My opinion on that plate - grain should be 1/4 of what it is, fruit should be 1/3 of what it is and there is NO FAT (nuts, seeds, olive oil, coconut oil) - do that and you cut diabetes and heart disease by 90%. Good fats are not dirty words.
    The first link is from 2011.

I'm sure everyone has their own optimum diet plan. I don't really care too much but I think whatever they currently have is probably a pretty good set up for healthy eating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how the has he not spoken to david hogg about this stuff
    Hogg is refusing to go back to school apparently. He's too busy duping dummy Democrats into donating to his slush fund donation scams. He's also making the NRA rich. Special Agent Hogg

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Hey, another conspiracy.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    , even if BLM put out videos with the messages “A Call To Arms” and then “Your Time Is Running Out” we’d see Fox News freaking the out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.latimes.com/business/hilt...226-story.html

Experience tells us that one stakeholder in school security that might have the last word is the insurance industry. After the 2012 Sandy Hook massacre — the last time that arming teachers got serious consideration — insurers across the country put the kibosh on the idea.

That was especially true in Kansas, which went further than most other states in allowing school personnel to bring guns onto their premises. The Kansas law gave school districts the prerogative to allow teachers, administrators and other employees with concealed-carry permits to carry their guns into schools.

Districts pondering the idea after the measure was signed in April 2013 by Sam Brownback, the state's tea party governor, got swift pushback from EMC Insurance Companies, which provided coverage to more than 85% of the state's districts.

"Concealed handguns on school premises pose a heightened liability risk," the insurer informed districts via its agent network. "We have chosen not to insure schools that allow employees to carry concealed handguns. Schools permitting concealed handguns will be declined, as new business. Existing schools permitting concealed handguns will not be renewed."

Presumably to avoid being tagged as a 2nd Amendment opponent, EMC specified that it was taking the action "simply to protect the financial security of the company."

Several school districts that had been toying with the idea dropped it after the warning. In Indiana, workers compensation insurers said they wouldn't cover personnel who carried guns onto campuses. Oregon's major liability insurance consortium said it would surcharge districts for every civilian employee they allowed to bring firearms to school, which discouraged the initiative.

In Texas and a number of other states, holders of concealed-carry permits can bring firearms into schools; 40 states bar guns even for employees with concealed-carry permits except under certain conditions. In California, civilian school employees aren't permitted to bring weapons onto the premises.

It's not hard to find the source of the ridiculous idea of arming teachers. It's the National Rifle Assn., of course, the goal of which in every case is: more guns. (The purest distillation of this policy is NRA chief Wayne LaPierre's assertion after the 2012 Sandy Hook massacre that "only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.")

-------------------------------------------------------

Arming teachers is a ridiculous idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Birmingham Interim Police Chief Orlando Wilson said investigators are reviewing surveillance video for clues and interviewing students and staff to figure out exactly what led to Wednesday afternoon's shooting at dismissal time at Huffman High School.

"We consider it accidental until the investigation takes us elsewhere," Wilson said. "We have a lot of unanswered questions. There are so many unknowns at this time."

The gun was recovered, but Wilson declined to say who fired it. No arrests were immediately reported.

"We're hoping if we have footage, that it will reveal it," he said. "If we have witnesses, we're hoping they will tell it."

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews.g...%3fid=53595526

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we have a match.

Look at the brow. Gotta be him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get educated on the AR-15

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What does Ted Cruz know about bipartisanship?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does Ted Cruz know about bipartisanship?
    Cruz cant even bi-partisan in his own party.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NRA’s ‘professor of killology’ is meeting Trump to discuss violent video games

David Grossman has taught police officers to never hesitate in using lethal force.

A self-described professor of “killology” is taking part in a Thursday meeting at the White House about how video games might spur gun violence.

David Grossman, a retired U.S. military special forces officer and former psychology professor at West Point,

Grossman is an incredibly popular figure with gun advocates and the law enforcement community.

His book On Killing: The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill in War and Society is recommended reading for
    U.S. Marines and required at the FBI Academy.

In one of his training classes, recorded for the do entary
    Do Not Resist,

he tells his students that they’ll have the best sex of their lives after they kill another human being.

“We. Are. At. War.” Grossman told
    one group of Pennsylvania officers. “You are the frontline troops in this war. You are the Delta Force. You are the Green Beret. You are British SAS.

Grossman believes that violent video games are creating a “generation of mass killers.”

“We know that the sick movies and the sick video games create sick, sick kids,”

“What we have is a whole civilization that is more predisposed to violence.”

( iow, America is ed and un able, and Grossman supports the ing )

First, statistics show that violent crime is at
    a historic low, and research shows that states with strong gun laws have lower homicide rates.

Second, video games have been blamed for mass shootings since Columbine but there has never been
    conclusive evidence to link the two.

Even conservative Supreme Court Justice Antonin

Scalia wrote that there was little evidence to back up the idea that video games alone cause violence.

Finally, Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza — whom Grossman specifically cites as an example in his new book — did have an obsession with a video game, but one called
    Dance Dance Revolution.

https://thinkprogress.org/the-nras-p...-5741d75cfb76/

When the murderous American Empire brings warrriors home, Grossman is the kind of blood-thirsty, trigger-happy, BigGun asshole that America is left with.

America is ed and un able, in permanent decline, as the militarized police state ascends inexorably in power and immunity.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s Video Game Summit Looks Like a Farce Before It’s Even Happened

The meeting’s agenda hasn’t been revealed, probably because

the gathering has been a slow-motion face-plant since the White House announced it.

On Thursday morning—the day of!—we finally learned who is actually attending the meeting, and

it should not give anyone hope that the Trump administration is thinking seriously about video games, gun violence, or any relationship between the two.

The list of expected attendees, ...

clinches how farcical the meeting will be.

https://slate.com/technology/2018/03...s-a-farce.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get educated on the AR-15

Muh self defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boutons lies again. What a surprise.

The "stronger gun laws, lower homide rate" lie conveniently left out the fact they included suicides.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boutons lies again. What a surprise.

The "stronger gun laws, lower homide rate" lie conveniently left out the fact they included suicides.
    Do yourself a favor and hit that ignore button. I usually don't advocate for such, but it will save you some scrolling at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information