Page 81 of 745 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181581 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 18607
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm resigned to the fact that RC and Pop are about to be taken out to the woodshed via trade tbh
    Hopefully they at least wait until LeBron is signed so they can sabotage the Lakers' chances at a James + George + Leonard superteam.

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm resigned to the fact that RC and Pop are about to be taken out to the woodshed via trade tbh
    I agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're going to get next to nothing, you might as well risk getting nothing.

Good things come to those who wait (especially if your GM is smarter than most).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're going to get next to nothing, you might as well risk getting nothing.
    I don't know why that's so hard for people here to understand. You don't have to get something if the something is garbage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just assume that leonard is spent goods and this is a final offer. It's not, but the ability to move on from the cancer into the last fun teams of pops HOF career, rather than DRAMA DRAMA

I mean if Kawhi wants to act contrite and sign an extension so be it, but playing with a talented but whiny kawhi would cast a pall over the season. You'd assume he'd quit some point with any hesitation of injury.

If the spurs aren't going to win champioships with talent, then at least have a fun team.

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why that's so hard for people here to understand. You don't have to get something if the something is garbage.
    Exactly. I'd rather let him walk for nothing than get a bunch of scrubs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just assume that leonard is spent goods and this is a final offer. It's not, but the ability to move on from the cancer into the last fun teams of pops HOF career, rather than DRAMA DRAMA

I mean if Kawhi wants to act contrite and sign an extension so be it, but playing with a talented but whiny kawhi would cast a pall over the season. You'd assume he'd quit some point with any hesitation of injury.

If the spurs aren't going to win champioships with talent, then at least have a fun team.
    That's why you don't play him. You send him home like Phoenix did with Bledsoe.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im all for watching Kawhi rot if we don't get an exciting offer.

Maybe that's not practical, but it would feel good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always thought he faked his "injury" to get out of the spurs. Total pussy move and cowardly. Greats like jordan, timmy, bird, lebron would never pull such a move. In the world of kinesiology/sports medicine, athletes who are having quad/knee/leg issues, 99% of them gain weight and look pudgier than normal. Kawhi's physique never changed. He stayed pretty ripped in shape throughout the whole to me. To me, the dude was still running doing cardio in his house and then pulled the im too injured to play when he showed up for work. Him and his group have been trying to leave the spurs for 2 years, so i dont buy this "spurs betrayal" or "injury mismanagement" mamaditas/bull that his camp has been releasing. Its just damage control to prevent kawquitter from looking like a pussy and a massive coward. The spurs are known league wide of protecting and babying their players. So i give them the benefit of the doubt.
    ^^^^Right here^^^^

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's just the beginning. Those guys will be in charge of the rebuild, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why you don't play him. You send him home like Phoenix did with Bledsoe.
    You can't just send him home -- that gives him an easy out.

You have to smoke him out -- make him face the cameras and explain how he "healed" over the summer but now he's hurt again.

Make him face the cameras and explain how he feels betrayed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/...-leonard-uncle

"...is that the Spurs have evidently not allowed any teams to speak with Leonard’s agent, according to Zach Lowe of ESPN.

“To my knowledge as we’re recording this at 2:19 eastern time on Monday, no team has even gotten close to getting permission to talk to Kawhi’s agent, and any team who is not in Los Angeles — and even those teams — should want to do that before they throw anything like the No. 2 pick to San Antonio.”

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know what, just send him to the Lakers and then let them sign Lebron and Paul George...it might be worth it just to see Uncle Dennis, Lavar Ball, Lebron and Rich Paul all butt heads together and redefine team dysfunction.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/...-leonard-uncle

"...is that the Spurs have evidently not allowed any teams to speak with Leonard’s agent, according to Zach Lowe of ESPN.
    Does he even have an NBA registered agent at this point? Uncle Dennis is definitely not registered (Or is he?). Is Frankel registered as NBA agent?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't just send him home -- that gives him an easy out.

You have to smoke him out -- make him face the cameras and explain how he "healed" over the summer but now he's hurt again.

Make him face the cameras and explain how he feels betrayed.
    Meh it would be training camp for his new team. I'd just let his skills atrophy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Weve heard for years that the spurs med team is top notch one of if not the leagues best group. The Spurs have always been at the forefront of training and techniques to help the player. Example Pop monitoring minutes/ back2backs. Ins uting naps into their pregame agenda, and consulting with medical experts on mental health etc. the fact that you had a player tear his quad and recover in record time and play most of the season compared to a ing so called quad bruise and missing an entire season is laughable. Dude quit and I can’t believe it. I thought he had shades of an all time great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ok, so they’re moving pick 1. 3 team trade, Suns/Spur/Fakers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not giving him away to anyone. If the offers remain crap by the trade deadline he can miss the entire season. The main point of suspending him would be to light a fire under Uncle Dennis' ass to make a preferred team come correct with a legitimate trade proposal that's not a complete ing under the assumption Leonard will go nuts not getting onto a basketball court this year. Though it would be funny to him over the same way he did the Spurs. That would be so much better than selling your BMW for $100.
    Suspending him doesn't increase his trade value, it gives him an opt out from criticism and it makes the Spurs look bad. If they don't trade him then have him play, if he sits out then it only hurts his future earnings and makes him look even worse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With regards to him going to Flakers....I watched a segment and Jalen Rose actually made a couple of good observations.

1. Spurs can take their time and wait until trade deadline by that time the Flakers would have to make a move and would probably sign Lebron and George which means even if Kawhi plays out the year he can not sign with the Flakers as they would have no money to sign him.
    2. He made a point to say the Spurs organization is not stupid and will take their time and the only deal he would do would be with Boston which would include Tatum.

There is a lot of chatter for every team to get on the Kawhi bandwagoon like someone says it only takes one good offer and we good to go....
    3. If we trade him and he leaves that team he is loosing like additional 30 million to sign with what ever team he wants to.....b

He also corrected his co worker who said that there have been no one actually talking to the Spurs about trades... He just smiled and said it takes two people to have a conversation and the Spurs are not the Cavs who gave away there PG for nothing. He did mentione they didn't trade him to the team he demanded he went to Boston.........

So basically he says Spurs have more control then what people think.
    Last edited by BackHome; 06-18-2018 at 11:14 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to look at our own fortress.

Why should we strengthen our Western rivals???? The West is loaded as it is........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's another reason to keep Kawhi.

Kawhi did not just take $19 million for not playing last season, he sought to tarnish the heretofore good reputation of the Spurs as well.

If the Spurs act with class while Kawhi sits out another year, the situation, and who is to blame, will become apparent to even the most delusional.

The good guys and bad guys will become apparent -- the Spurs' reputation is worth it above and beyond all other considerations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are cancer clusters in the air in la.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suspending him doesn't increase his trade value, it gives him an opt out from criticism and it makes the Spurs look bad. If they don't trade him then have him play, if he sits out then it only hurts his future earnings and makes him look even worse.
    I understand the thought to just let him sit for another year, I just think they'll want him to earn his money. Spurs likely have no reason or motivation to trade him. Maybe something looks good before February, maybe not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weve heard for years that the spurs med team is top notch one of if not the leagues best group. The Spurs have always been at the forefront of training and techniques to help the player. Example Pop monitoring minutes/ back2backs. Ins uting naps into their pregame agenda, and consulting with medical experts on mental health etc. the fact that you had a player tear his quad and recover in record time and play most of the season compared to a ing so called quad bruise and missing an entire season is laughable. Dude quit and I can’t believe it. I thought he had shades of an all time great.

--------------------------------------------------

Completely agree. This is the post of the day, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As for him being a cancer on the team, the spotlight will be on him and he'll need to decide if he wants show the world he's a pro or 'bad news.' He goes out here and gives a half-hearted effort and his stock will plummet. He's already going to lose tens of millions by losing the super-max.

Thread Information