Page 82 of 745 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182582 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 18607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The smart play is to wait.

But I just don't think Pop will have the stomach to wait this out until February. The constant questions, the media scrutiny, the back and forth with his group, etc.

He's probably so over this , with his wife, Timmy gone, Manu gone, TP being terrible...he's going to want to rip the band-aid off as soon as possible. Might help him decide if he wants to retire now or hand the reins over to Messina.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he doesnt want to be here, why prolong the agony????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to look at our own fortress.

Why should we strengthen our Western rivals???? The West is loaded as it is........
    Who are we strengthening in this prospective deals? PHX? SAC? They'd barely pull themselves out of the gutter even with Kawhi. So what's the problem?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is unprofessional, period...............

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are we strengthening in this prospective deals? PHX? SAC? They'd barely pull themselves out of the gutter even with Kawhi. So what's the problem?

-------------------------------------------------

I was referring to LA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -------------------------------------------------

I was referring to LA
    Same applies, not like they can offer anything to us to move the ol'interest meter anyway so what's the issue?

Not like we're dumping him in OKC or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agree, I hear the no west thing, but, in reality if the big deal needs doing?? PHX will stay phx and Fakers well it’s showtime everyday over there just without the Lakers. And Phil has long left the building..............

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is unprofessional, period...............
    He is a traitor.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With regards to him going to Flakers....I watched a segment and Jalen Rose actually made a couple of good observations.

1. Spurs can take their time and wait until trade deadline by that time the Flakers would have to make a move and would probably sign Lebron and George which means even if Kawhi plays out the year he can not sign with the Flakers as they would have no money to sign him.
    2. He made a point to say the Spurs organization is not stupid and will take their time and the only deal he would do would be with Boston which would include Tatum.

There is a lot of chatter for every team to get on the Kawhi bandwagoon like someone says it only takes one good offer and we good to go....
    3. If we trade him and he leaves that team he is loosing like additional 30 million to sign with what ever team he wants to.....b

He also corrected his co worker who said that there have been no one actually talking to the Spurs about trades... He just smiled and said it takes two people to have a conversation and the Spurs are not the Cavs who gave away there PG for nothing. He did mentione they didn't trade him to the team he demanded he went to Boston.........

So basically he says Spurs have more control then what people think.
    Ya Jalens take got me interested. He also stated it appears PG will resign with Okc when it was supposed to be a one year rental. His point, players dont like moving around & its always about money.

That Max guy on the other hand was laughable. He pretty much said Kawhi rejected the supermax, so in turn took out all the monetary considerations & basically said he would be a laker even as an FA.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's another reason to keep Kawhi.

Kawhi did not just take $19 million for not playing last season, he sought to tarnish the heretofore good reputation of the Spurs as well.

If the Spurs act with class while Kawhi sits out another year, the situation, and who is to blame, will become apparent to even the most delusional.

The good guys and bad guys will become apparent -- the Spurs' reputation is worth it above and beyond all other considerations.
    No one will give a if Leonard starts winning just like everyone forgot how much of a cancer Rodman was throwing WCF games to get his exit out of town.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    --------------------------------------------------

Completely agree. This is the post of the day, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one will give a if Leonard starts winning just like everyone forgot how much of a cancer Rodman was throwing WCF games to get his exit out of town.
    Which is why I wouldn't feel bad if whatever happens ends up torpedoing his career. Him quitting on the team for re ed "leverage" should never be forgotten and seen as the turning point in his career. Where the FMVP used to be seen as the pivot to THE guy on the spurs, this should hopefully be his fade into mediocrity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't do that. I would just say Leonard's not a part of this team's future so is being held out pending a trade. No reason to make up stories.
    Spite. It's in the bible, don't ya know? And it's sweet justice, richly deserved in that asshat's case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suspending him doesn't increase his trade value, it gives him an opt out from criticism and it makes the Spurs look bad. If they don't trade him then have him play, if he sits out then it only hurts his future earnings and makes him look even worse.
    You think Kawhi is just going to sit out the season if suspended. I don't. He cares about endorsement money, which he won't be making when he's not on the floor. He is a basketball nut, it'll drive him crazy missing another year. I think it's the only way to get him to accept a trade to more teams. I think it's pretty much the only move the Spurs have to try to get any kind of leverage in this situation. And if it fails oh well, the Spurs miss out on getting a couple of crap players and cost Leonard money as well as a year of his prime if he doesn't value either. I cannot advocate just giving him away only so you can say you got something and I do not ever want to see him in a Spurs uniform again since it's not the Spurs responsibility to get him ready to hit the ground running with his next team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is why I wouldn't feel bad if whatever happens ends up torpedoing his career. Him quitting on the team for re ed "leverage" should never be forgotten and seen as the turning point in his career. Where the FMVP used to be seen as the pivot to THE guy on the spurs, this should hopefully be his fade into mediocrity.
    He won't fade into mediocrity. He's a top 3 player who held out for a season over a minor injury. He didn't blow out his knee or tear his achilles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spite. It's in the bible, don't ya know? And it's sweet justice, richly deserved in that asshat's case.
    The spite is just a bonus. If the Lakers had Tatum and were offering him and a halfway decent pick I'd trade Leonard there on draft night. But I don't think you give Kawhi away under any cir stance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From Good Will Hunting:

Will: “He used to just put a belt, a stick, and a wrench on the kitchen table and say, ‘Choose.’”
    Sean: “Well, I gotta go with the belt there.”
    Will: “I used to go with the wrench.”
    Sean: “Why?”
    Will: “’Cause him. That’s why.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From Good Will Hunting:

Will: “He used to just put a belt, a stick, and a wrench on the kitchen table and say, ‘Choose.’”
    Sean: “Well, I gotta go with the belt there.”
    Will: “I used to go with the wrench.”
    Sean: “Why?”
    Will: “’Cause him. That’s why.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im all for watching Kawhi rot if we don't get an exciting offer.

Maybe that's not practical, but it would feel good.
    Maybe some of you are finally feeling me? I've been saying for months now he should be shipped off to Milwaukee for whatever picks and players ypu can extract. No way he re-signs. So he'll lose another $49 million. That is sweet, rich, wonderful karma if you, like me believe his uncle's greedy motivations precipitated this whole mess to begin with.

Send him somewhere hideous. Get the best you can. Profit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The smart play is to wait.

But I just don't think Pop will have the stomach to wait this out until February. The constant questions, the media scrutiny, the back and forth with his group, etc.

He's probably so over this , with his wife, Timmy gone, Manu gone, TP being terrible...he's going to want to rip the band-aid off as soon as possible. Might help him decide if he wants to retire now or hand the reins over to Messina.
    Yeah, but I don't think Pop will be reactionary, I think he'll listen to offers and decide if something looks good or not. I also think the $19 million we gave him last season will play into his decision. If Pop says 'no' then Kawhi has the ball in his court and it will be in SA.

I get what your saying, but nothing will be more agonizing than a lopsided horrible trade. It's just the idea of there being little out there to trade him for and they won't feel compelled to do him some big favor after the $19 million dollar loss of last season. It's actually a lot more than that if you look at the overall damage. Kawhi will lose two years, in a relatively brief career, if he doesn't lace up his shoes and play like his life depended on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weve heard for years that the spurs med team is top notch one of if not the leagues best group. The Spurs have always been at the forefront of training and techniques to help the player. Example Pop monitoring minutes/ back2backs. Ins uting naps into their pregame agenda, and consulting with medical experts on mental health etc. the fact that you had a player tear his quad and recover in record time and play most of the season compared to a ing so called quad bruise and missing an entire season is laughable. Dude quit and I can’t believe it. I thought he had shades of an all time great.
    Truth bomb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also agree. May he fade away and fall from the pedestal of the exceptional.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think Kawhi is just going to sit out the season if suspended. I don't. He cares about endorsement money, which he won't be making when he's not on the floor. He is a basketball nut, it'll drive him crazy missing another year. I think it's the only way to get him to accept a trade to more teams. I think it's pretty much the only move the Spurs have to try to get any kind of leverage in this situation. And if it fails oh well, the Spurs miss out on getting a couple of crap players and cost Leonard money as well as a year of his prime if he doesn't value either. I cannot advocate just giving him away only so you can say you got something and I do not ever want to see him in a Spurs uniform again since it's not the Spurs responsibility to get him ready to hit the ground running with his next team.
    He doesn't have control over what teams offer and they'll be less inclined to offer more if he's sitting out. AFAIK there isn't a list of teams of that he'll extend with just a preference of destinations. If he plays and shows he's healthy then that increases his value.

I'm not sure if it was you that I had this discussion with but sometimes taking the less than ideal package isn't the worst thing. It worked out great for the Pacers and pretty good for the Bulls. Just need to get an appealing package and disregard whether it is perceived as good enough value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heres hoping there is a Spurs personnel development move soon....

Esp about the influx of new personnel.

IM SICK AND TIRED OF THE KAWHI DRAMA.

We Spurs fans deserve better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that ing piece of . Let him rot for a year. He talks about wanting to be great, wanting go down as a legend. Take that away from him.

Thread Information