Page 84 of 162 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 4038
    Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I wonder where Ronaldo will be placed in history when his career is done.
    I care about that why? Never said he is the best of all-time.

Would be interesting to see what Messi can do without Xavi/Iniesta in another league.

My Team
    France
    Post Count

Would be interesting to see what Messi can do without Xavi/Iniesta in another league.
    Messi would be just fine in another league without Xavi and iniesta. He is a beast tbh Messi cheer leaders are just over the top regarding his legacy so far.

now Id love to see him play a full season in Italy that would be a good challenge. Diego went there at the time of the full catenacio with vicious defenders and still dominated.

Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count
    People have short memory or are too young. He is not up there with Diego and pele that's ridiculous. between top 50 and top 3 there is a lot of room to rank him.

he has yet to dominate a World Cup to be in the conversation for goat.
    I don't think I'm the right person to say whether he belongs up there or not, I didn't watch Maradona play or Pele.

There's many analysts that I regularly watch, their South American and watched both Pele and Maradona play, and a few of them say Messi and Maradona are the two best players they've ever seen. Just a matter of taste I guess, again, I'm not telling you to think like that just because they say that, I'm just saying, there's two sides here.

Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count

Oh look, another one of these I wonder how a certain player would do in another league comment. Typical tbh.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    I don't think I'm the right person to say whether he belongs up there or not, I didn't watch Maradona play or Pele.

There's many analysts that I regularly watch, their South American and watched both Pele and Maradona play, and a few of them say Messi and Maradona are the two best players they've ever seen. Just a matter of taste I guess, again, I'm not telling you to think like that just because they say that, I'm just saying, there's two sides here.
    Pele is kinda hard to evaluate but as for Maradona even if you are too young you can see all his games during the wc same with franz platini Socrates and co. It's not that hard to make up your mind on your own.

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Sadly i never get to watch Pele/Maradona/Cruyff/Beckenbauer/Platini and so on. So it's hard to say who is better. Just can say which is the best (imo) in the time i witnessed.

Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count
    Pele is kinda hard to evaluate but as for Maradona even if you are too young you can see all his games during the wc same with franz platini Socrates and co. It's not that hard to make up your mind on your own.
    Yeah I know. Just pointing out that minds that know the game extremely well, probably better then all of us normal joes who watch the game but not like they do. Not saying that they have some power that we don't, its just that they dedicate their life to that purpose.

But the majority of them of course say that without a World Cup, Messi can't be considered the best.

Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count
    Sadly i never get to watch Pele/Maradona/Cruyff/Beckenbauer/Platini and so on. So it's hard to say who is better. Just can say which is the best (imo) in the time i witnessed.
    I think each of us place players based on their nationality and ours, like for example in Europe, the ones you mentioned are considered the best in many peoples eyes, as for south america, Pele, Maradona and Messi are placed higher by South Americans.

Though I always wondered why they count Pele's 1,000 goals, I highly doubt he scored that many goals in official matches, he probably doesn't approach that number when you take into account friendlies. Impossible

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    It's common knowledge that Pele counted his friendly games to his goal total.

There was a number somewhere, where his total was without the friendlies.

Wiki has: 812 games, 757 goals but no one knows for sure...

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    It's common knowledge that Pele counted his friendly games to his goal total.

There was a number somewhere, where his total was without the friendlies.

Wiki has: 812 games, 757 goals but no one knows for sure...
    Which is enough crazy lol

dont know why the need for the 1000 story. Pele has a huge ego but sometimes a bit insecure

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    I think each of us place players based on their nationality and ours, like for example in Europe, the ones you mentioned are considered the best in many peoples eyes, as for south america, Pele, Maradona and Messi are placed higher by South Americans.

Though I always wondered why they count Pele's 1,000 goals, I highly doubt he scored that many goals in official matches, he probably doesn't approach that number when you take into account friendlies. Impossible
    Not totally true, nobody in Europe is contesting pele and maradona being the two greatest honestly, on the contrary Europeans are often attracted by South America myth or exotism tbh. Europeans are much more critics of their own players than South American French being a good example of that. French have been lucky to get some of the greatest artists / creators in football history: zizou, platini, Tigana, canto, ginola etc... But for them it's never enough.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    brazil going in without lube

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Some convincing points, tbh.

The truth is laughing at someone saying Messi is the GOAT or among the top 3 players in history is ignorant. You can agree or disagree but you can't disregard that opinion by laughing as if that opinion was some re ed that has no sustent at all. Heck, even the great ones themselves say that Messi is up there with them.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Messi would be just fine in another league without Xavi and iniesta. He is a beast tbh Messi cheer leaders are just over the top regarding his legacy so far.

now Id love to see him play a full season in Italy that would be a good challenge. Diego went there at the time of the full catenacio with vicious defenders and still dominated.
    That's hard to do considering that at 26 years old he almost has every individual record there is to get.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    That's hard to do considering that at 26 years old he almost has every individual record there is to get.
    And yet you consider he is a top 3 all time or even better

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    No wc or at least a dominant one and he is not in any kind of conversation regarding goat

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    And yet you consider he is a top 3 all time or even better
    Well, considering that at such a young age he has all those records, I would say yes. Considering him one of the greatest of all-time would be the logical thing to do.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Well, considering that at such a young age he has all those records, I would say yes. Considering him one of the greatest of all-time would be the logical thing to do.
    no it's not, his age has nothing to do with the fact he must be considered in top 3 or not. We cannot assume what he will do in the coming years.

he has globally two wc to show the world he is right there

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Imo WC or not he has already established that he's one of the game's greats. However, he still should show up and have at least one great World Cup. Probably an epic semi-final at least

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    no it's not, his age has nothing to do with the fact he must be considered in top 3 or not. We cannot assume what he will do in the coming years.

he has globally two wc to show the world he is right there
    Messi will go down as one of the best with a WC or not. When it's all said and done he will be the top scorer of the CL, of the Spanish league, of Barca and of the Argie NT. He will probably end up being the top assister too. You can't deny that just 'cause he didn't have a great performance on a tournament that consists of 7 games played every 4 years.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Messi will go down as one of the best with a WC or not. When it's all said and done he will be the top scorer of the CL, of the Spanish league, of Barca and of the Argie NT. He will probably end up being the top assister too. You can't deny that just 'cause he didn't have a great performance on a tournament that consists of 7 games played every 4 years.

@your 7 games played every 4 years like that's some random . It's the biggest sport event on earth.

If he failed again on the wc he will never be in the conversation than maradona or pele or others.

Btw I hear you on the cl but cl new format is very different today than few years ago so that achievement is relative, regarding Argie NT I'm pretty sure Argentineans will exchange that for fewer goals and a great wc for a change.

he is a great player but you are nothing else than a cheer leader

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    @your 7 games played every 4 years like that's some random . It's the biggest sport event on earth.

If he failed again on the wc he will never be in the conversation than maradona or pele or others.

Btw I hear you on the cl but cl new format is very different today than few years ago so that achievement is relative, regarding Argie NT I'm pretty sure Argentineans will exchange that for fewer goals and a great wc for a change.

he is a great player but you are nothing else than a cheer leader
    You're being ignorant or a hater, tbh.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    You're being ignorant or a hater, tbh.
    Sure and you are not a blind homer

I have no horse in that race, I believe I'm more objective than you are. In terms of being biased I think you are winning by a mile.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Imo WC or not he has already established that he's one of the game's greats. However, he still should show up and have at least one great World Cup. Probably an epic semi-final at least
    Not saying he is not great at all on the contrary. Saying he is in top 3 conversation is plain and simple ridiculous at this point of his career again between top 3 and top 50 there is a lot of room to discuss. Comparing him to pele or maradona is foolish not recognizing he is special is also foolish.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I sort of agree with DAF although it's a bit premature to rank him anywhere since he's only 26 although I do think unlike other players who peak at ~28 he has or is peaking.

In any case, needing a WC to be GOAT is dumb as . These days you can't win with a team that has 3-4 very good, great players, you need stacked teams and we are seeing one of the greatest NT of all time (duh Spain)...even Germany with all its talent can't even get to the finals (chokers tbh) because it takes luck and some stars to align to win it all...Spain barely won in 2010 in case you forgot.

Messi having a very good, great showing in this WC would definitely help his case for top 3 and imo top 2 because Pele is overrated as tbh, football version of Bill Russell.

Thread Information