Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has this been posted before?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt it, he hates it. Defenders run through his knees everytime he sets a screen.
    Well, he will have to learn to set better screens then. Do you really think there's a plausible scenario where Wemby can play professional NBA basketball without setting screens?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby and a frontrunner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better version

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Betcha Tom Brady could pass to Wemby. Sign him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better version

I don't like Brady, but this is funny.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get strong and get in the post.

On offense and defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when u play the game and create a tall fkn player with player rating 99, he leads in all stat columns

on the spurs in real life, he is force to stand and watch all these hero ballers on the team

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As bad as the Spurs played last night, the Knicks game planned against Wemby perfectly. Eventually he’s gonna learn to work around that, but for now it’s an ace in the hole for an average game for Wemby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 wide with Wemby roaming around the middle, getting into pick and rolls and being the benefitiary of dump off passes or putbacks from teammates' drives. That's the absolute most efficient way to utilize Wemby right now. He could seriously average 30 pts per game just from doing that.

I'm clearly not advocating for him doing only this, we need to develop his all around game. I'm just saying that I would like to see more of that efficient way of playing.
    This needs to start happening before Wemby starts losing confidence and the NBA world starts clowning him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As bad as the Spurs played last night, the Knicks game planned against Wemby perfectly. Eventually he’s gonna learn to work around that, but for now it’s an ace in the hole for an average game for Wemby
    He needs to brush off the hand that they’re putting on him. Continuously. Cannot allow them to put and keep it on him. Technically, if he rises up for a jumper, and their hand is still there, it’s a hand check shooting foul,but you have to call attention to it.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop said many times that he's going to let Victor be Victor. And that's exactly what Victor is doing. He wants to play a certain way and he will (evidently) have to find out the hard way that it isn't going to work like it did in France.

Pop is never going to go full taskmaster on Wemby like he did on Parker back in the day, but while Victor has said that he is teachable and coachable I don't think he's quite there yet. This could be a silver lining to the team getting crushed repeatedly: Victor will realize more quickly that the way he wants to play isn't conducive to winning games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop said many times that he's going to let Victor be Victor. And that's exactly what Victor is doing. He wants to play a certain way and he will (evidently) have to find out the hard way that it isn't going to work like it did in France.

Pop is never going to go full taskmaster on Wemby like he did on Parker back in the day, but while Victor has said that he is teachable and coachable I don't think he's quite there yet. This could be a silver lining to the team getting crushed repeatedly: Victor will realize more quickly that the way he wants to play isn't conducive to winning games.
    Someone who gets it. This whole season is basically throwing spaghetti at the wall, and seeing what sticks. They're not trying to tank and lose, but neither is their focus to win.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs to brush off the hand that they’re putting on him. Continuously. Cannot allow them to put and keep it on him. Technically, if he rises up for a jumper, and their hand is still there, it’s a hand check shooting foul,but you have to call attention to it.
    And I think those are the savvy things he’ll pick up, even if he doesn’t “bulk” up much. He’ll figure out ways around that physicality but it’s gonna be a hard lesson for a bit

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone who gets it. This whole season is basically throwing spaghetti at the wall, and seeing what sticks. They're not trying to tank and lose, but neither is their focus to win.
    But at the same time, getting obliterated all the time has a huge impact on morale. Losing teaching you a valuable lesson, losing by20-30 often is a different story

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But at the same time, getting obliterated all the time has a huge impact on morale. Losing teaching you a valuable lesson, losing by20-30 often is a different story
    Part of it is also showing Victor what does and doesn't work in the NBA. It's really hard to tell a 19 YO that without seeming to want to limit him, which I'm sure they don't. You have to let him see it for himself. He's already stopped the one footed 3 pointers. His base and form look much better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This needs to start happening before Wemby starts losing confidence and the NBA world starts clowning him.
    What's a 4 wide offense?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty dumb tbh. You don't have to "throw spaghetti at the wall" to figure out how a young player should play and coach him to play that way. Other teams don't do that and they manage just fine. Goes to show just how good of a coach Pop really is.

I don't know what to do so I will sit here and do nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Part of it is also showing Victor what does and doesn't work in the NBA. It's really hard to tell a 19 YO that without seeming to want to limit him, which I'm sure they don't. You have to let him see it for himself. He's already stopped the one footed 3 pointers. His base and form look much better.
    kenny smith had a great take after the first phoenix win that TNT carried; he said that Wemby will start to shown signs of development on his second go around with teams, because he will have the opportunity to process how each team plays him. shaq added how he learned so much from his first season and used it to improve in his second (in Shaq's case, he mentioned how he learned to read double teams much better and look for the open shooters).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 wide with Wemby roaming around the middle, getting into pick and rolls and being the benefitiary of dump off passes or putbacks from teammates' drives. That's the absolute most efficient way to utilize Wemby right now. He could seriously average 30 pts per game just from doing that.

I'm clearly not advocating for him doing only this, we need to develop his all around game. I'm just saying that I would like to see more of that efficient way of playing.
    I wouldn't mind seeing this.

Wemby hangs out too much in the perimeter. Its fine now and again but thats his main spot it seems.

What I'm wondering is...Is this Pops strategy or is this where Wemby feels most comfortable?

If its where Wemby feels most comfortable, I wonder if the fiasco with Aldridge causes Pop to hesitate to try and make Wemby into something that he is not right now. I post up player, or a player that plays mostly inside.

Pop might feel a strong desire to put Wemby downlow like Timmy. But then if this "boxes" Wemby in and limits his game like with Aldridge then he might be afraid of backlash like what happened with Lamarcus.

I just see a lot of potential for Wemby down low. Yeah he needs a bit more weight but not much honestly. And you don't have to limit him to just downlow but that needs to be added more often than not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's a 4 wide offense?
    I think he might mean 4 out, 1 in. 4 players playing outside the 3 point line, and one in the dunker's spot. That usually only works if you have a load of shooters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    remember that vegas over/under for wins on the season was 28.5

my concern is not really the wins and losses. its the sheer lack of compe iveness that we've seen for quite a bit already thats maddening. against the clippers, pacers, and knicks, the games were over before they started.

in one game against the suns, we were basically awol for the first half, and in the other, for the second half (until the last few minutes). same thing with toronto. jumped on them in first half, and went awol in 2nd half and OT

i can stomach losses like dallas. the others...

Thread Information