Page 9 of 94 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    well, that dude had enough meat on him to feed every zombie for miles around. the zombies should be thankful.

Seriously though, was that really necessary of Shane? I'm hating him more with every episode and starting to like the redneck.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The Boring Dead

Just watch the first 5 and the last 5 minutes and that's all you need and it would be a pretty good show then.

Word is they cut the budget a lot for season 2, main writers are gone all because they gave Mad Men a HUGE 20-40 million dollar contract.

No wonder this show turned to after season 1.
    they tried to trim Mad Men's budget but it didn't work out, as well as Breaking Bad's (I believe). Mad Men is a far better show IMO so I don't really care, but it is expensive as to make. I also think losing Darabont was more harmful than cuts.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    **SPOILER ALERT** if you haven't seen last night's episode already

There's two recipes for disaster in the zombie apocalypse...being fat and having busted legs/ankles. The way I see it, either they both die and Carl never gets the respirator he needs, and also dies...or we get what happened last night and 2 out of the 3 survive, with luck.

Did Otis deserve it? No, but anytime you go out on a rescue mission in a zombie apocalypse you are essentially sacrificing yourself before anything even happens. I would have shot him in the head, though. I don't buy into the "live bait" stuff they were talkin about on Talking Dead.

Honestly though, who thought a brand-new fat character in a zombie show that shoots a kid and then wants to put himself in danger to help him would actually survive? You gotta figure fatty gon trip.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This season so far has been MILES ahead of Season 1, which was an extremely inconsistent affair. We're finally seeing some character development and everyone wants more ing zombies. The show is about the survivors coming to terms with their predicament--that's what the show's le is referring to--more than them just being on the run.

If you want more action, go watch Hawaii 5-0.
    Maybe they shouldn't name it the Walking Dead if they didn't want to show more zombies...

Season 1 was great because it gave some background but also gave survivalist action too. Season 2 is, OMG my kid this, OMG my kid that, and the ever so believable... let's let our kid die so he doesn't have to be around zombies anymore, what mother would ever think that BS.

I tune in for the zombie apocolypse and the survivalist game that goes with it, not this drama BS.

Season 2 is fine if you just watch the first and last 5 mins, the rest in between is soap opera I don't care about.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I'm enjoying it so far. The acting isn't really great, but aside from that its just an hour of mindless entertainment for me.

Stand-up philosopher CharlieMac's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    **SPOILER ALERT** if you haven't seen last night's episode already

There's two recipes for disaster in the zombie apocalypse...being fat and having busted legs/ankles. The way I see it, either they both die and Carl never gets the respirator he needs, and also dies...or we get what happened last night and 2 out of the 3 survive, with luck.

Did Otis deserve it? No, but anytime you go out on a rescue mission in a zombie apocalypse you are essentially sacrificing yourself before anything even happens. I would have shot him in the head, though. I don't buy into the "live bait" stuff they were talkin about on Talking Dead.

Honestly though, who thought a brand-new fat character in a zombie show that shoots a kid and then wants to put himself in danger to help him would actually survive? You gotta figure fatty gon trip.
    Otis had it coming. That dude was dead weight.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    The show is about the survivors coming to terms with their predicament--that's what the show's le is referring to
    Outstanding, X.

Plain & simple.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Outstanding, X.

Plain & simple.
    Weak minded simpletons like you would be shot in your fat leg to make way for the people who deserve to be alive.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Weak minded simpletons like you would be shot in your fat leg to make way for the people who deserve to be alive.
    No longer on your to ignore list.

lmvictoriousao!!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    If the show follows the book at all, then eventually the zombies won't even be the main protagonists... Hunger, Shelter, and the compe ion for those resources (ie other humans) become as dangerous if not mores than the zombies.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    If the show follows the book at all, then eventually the zombies won't even be the main protagonists... Hunger, Shelter, and the compe ion for those resources (ie other humans) become as dangerous if not mores than the zombies.
    I would say thats pretty much the case now.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I would say thats pretty much the case now.
    & a reality in Hussein's America (2008-2012).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    & a reality in Hussein's America (2008-2012).
    Why aren't you banned? Everyone voted for it.

Done with the NBA
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    TBH, I voted for Kori to write him a poem.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Dude. Duder, I write Kori poems. Not the other way around.

It's my religion.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    this . They took a record setting TV series and took a big ole' steaming pile of on it. I hope you're happy AMC giving an old played out show Mad Men all that money and taking it away from your newest hit.

Just give me my Breaking Bad and get the off my TV with your pos soap opera.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    this . They took a record setting TV series and took a big ole' steaming pile of on it. I hope you're happy AMC giving an old played out show Mad Men all that money and taking it away from your newest hit.

Just give me my Breaking Bad and get the off my TV with your pos soap opera.
    Mad Men has Studio support while TWD does not and is completely funded by AMC, they would have been better off staying at 6 eps.

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    Name
    mark h
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New York Knicks
    According to the preview, One-handed Bro is back next week. I think we're about to see proof of the theory that the zombies are not the danger, they're just an obstacle, and that the real danger is other people.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    What a lame episode. The only good part was when they were trying to pull fatty out of the well. 2 mins of fun and 40 minutes of "who gives a ". I really don't care about the group anymore; if they all died (except for Daryl), I wouldn't shed a tear. Plus the kids have ruined the series for me. It would've been so much better had they not written in any as all they do is get in the way and slow the plot down to a in stop.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Seriously though, was that really necessary of Shane? I'm hating him more with every episode and starting to like the redneck.
    The red neck is by far the best character, when he dies i may be out.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Maybe I'm the oddball, seeing as I'm also a huge fan of other shows that get criticized for moving too slowly -- Treme and Mad Men, for example -- but I have really liked this season. In fact I still have a few relatively minor issues with accents and acting, but I've overall thought this season more interesting than the first. Could just be an issue of expectation? I knew going in, from the few issues I've read, as well as from a few friends who are huge fans of the comic, that the franchise isn't really about fast-paced zombie action, so I haven't been disappointed by its lack.

Also, it again might be an issue of differing perspective, but I still find Shane banging his partner/best friend's wife so quickly after he maybe died to be more damning of Shane's character than shooting Otis. Kind of brutal in the way he did shot him and left him, of course, but it made sense as a split second survival decision, and the way he has wrestled with that choice since it happened shows probably the most humanity we've had from him thus far. The big question is of course where he goes from here -- if we get a Shane who embraces this newfound humanity (which I doubt), or the completely detached survivalist version.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You really don't have a problem with a whole month being tied up to the missing girl that no one likes anyways? Along with the constantly sobbing/crying mother who never looks for her? What mother wouldn't spend all her time looking for her daughter? The only guy putting in some effort is a racist redneck? The show is turning into a 2 person dialogue 100% of the time and that's just boring in a zombie apocalypse.

From the comic books, the farmhouse was a huge battle slaughter scene. All we get is a fat zombie torn in half, though the zombie did look great.

I would seriously be happy with just some normal group survival stuff and less of this forced speech. I can deal with bad acting but the writing is just horrible. Again, what mother would want her son that she loves to die? I mean... really.

Tdog and that old guy have good scenes, because they usually center on helping the group some way instead of getting in the way.

I just want more survivalism to take place in the show. More scavenging and competing for scavenging. People with clear cut roles in the group.

It's too bad, I doubt this show is going past season 3, could of been one of the greats.

Browsing TWD forums, there is a major problem with season 2. Season 1 was universally good to great, season 2 cut that group in half.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    You really don't have a problem with a whole month being tied up to the missing girl that no one likes anyways? Along with the constantly sobbing/crying mother who never looks for her? What mother wouldn't spend all her time looking for her daughter? The only guy putting in some effort is a racist redneck? The show is turning into a 2 person dialogue 100% of the time and that's just boring in a zombie apocalypse.
    No, I don't have a problem with the time spent looking for the girl. She went missing in the first episode, and has been looked for in the following three, but it's hardly been the most prominent plot point. And it makes complete sense to me that the mother isn't out looking herself -- she's not an experienced hunter or a former cop, so it wouldn't make a tremendous amount of sense to either send her off on her own to go searching, or to have her slow down whoever is.

From the comic books, the farmhouse was a huge battle slaughter scene. All we get is a fat zombie torn in half, though the zombie did look great.
    And the huge battle/slaughter scene is pretty clearly what they're building to. As pointed out on Talking Dead last night, Rick putting his shirt and badges away in a dresser drawer doesn't give the impression he's planning on leaving the comforts of the farm any time soon. But think about it realistically: last night's was only episode four of a 13-episode season. Of course this season isn't going to get to the final action set-piece as quickly as last year's truncated season. With more than twice the number of episodes at their disposal, there's really no need to move at such a pace.

I would seriously be happy with just some normal group survival stuff and less of this forced speech. I can deal with bad acting but the writing is just horrible. Again, what mother would want her son that she loves to die? I mean... really.
    It's nitpicking, but she didn't actually want her son to die. She merely questioned the benefit of taking heroic measures to save his life when all he'd have to look forward to is living in a pretty ed up world. Frankly, a reasonable concern.

Tdog and that old guy have good scenes, because they usually center on helping the group some way instead of getting in the way.

I just want more survivalism to take place in the show. More scavenging and competing for scavenging. People with clear cut roles in the group.

It's too bad, I doubt this show is going past season 3, could of been one of the greats.

Browsing TWD forums, there is a major problem with season 2. Season 1 was universally good to great, season 2 cut that group in half.
    I don't necessarily disagree with any of this (other than perhaps the concern it won't live beyond a third season), I just think it's a bit premature to see any of it as the sign of a failed series and/or season. Last night was episode four. Four. In pretty much any series in the history of television (including something like The Wire), we'd still be in the preliminary build up stage. I think a lot of the reaction to this show so far, here and elsewhere, has more to do with a) general fanboy impatience, and b) concerns about all the Darabont drama, than it does with the quality of the show itself.

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    Name
    mark h
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New York Knicks
    People were ing about how slow season 4 of Breaking Bad was after 3 or 4 episodes.

Knowing Merle, he's probably rounded up another zombie pack to turn loose on them in the next episode or two. I'm quite sure he lured the ones that drove them from their camp outside ATL, and have my su ions about the ones that almost over ran them on the highway.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't necessarily disagree with any of this (other than perhaps the concern it won't live beyond a third season), I just think it's a bit premature to see any of it as the sign of a failed series and/or season. Last night was episode four. Four. In pretty much any series in the history of television (including something like The Wire), we'd still be in the preliminary build up stage. I think a lot of the reaction to this show so far, here and elsewhere, has more to do with a) general fanboy impatience, and b) concerns about all the Darabont drama, than it does with the quality of the show itself.
    The farm scene from beginning to end was handled in 1 comic. Extending the episodes should not have ANY bearing on the quality of the show or a change of pace. To do that is admitting to filler and needless scenes. I'm not impatient, I just want to see more apocalypse and less 2 person conversation scenes. They could have a scene where they develop a plan and assign duties and implement them. No action would be in that scene but it would forward the progress of the show and be interesting.

I'll nit-pick that it seems they are trying to cater to women in this show, when the subject is geared toward guys. Most men watching the show don't care about a little girl being lost in the woods and trying to find her, consoling the mother every 5 seconds and watching her sob, Lori boning the 2 guys with the father unknown, taking pregnancy tests or a stupid little kid trying to pet a deer, getting shot, getting surgery and almost dying. Throw in the wife beater from season 1 too.

I wouldn't be this concerned either if they did not fire all the writers and Darabont after season 1. I can see a totally different perspective, dialogue, and how they went about putting it together in season 2, and since the writers are new along with a slashed budget, I see this as permanent switch, not just character development. It was almost perfect in season 1, and every show in season 2 have been a disappointment.

Thread Information