My Playlist > Yours Pistons < Spurs's Avatar
    Name
    Erik Senecal
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    College
    Kansas Jayhawks
    Almost done reading Clash of Kings. Great freaking series. Don't know how or why I never came across it, or the author, before.

It's pretty cool reading the book after watching season 1. I now have faces and places to mentally attach to the characters and locations as I read it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I don't think I would have enjoyed the season any more by not having read the books. In fact, catching all the little things that they included from the books (Hodor's giant ) was one of the best things about the series.
    they talked about hodor's in book 1 wtf

You can't handle The Truth TheTruth's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    they talked about hodor's in book 1 wtf
    Exact same scene as the show. Osha and Bran are at the Godswood and Hodor shows up and Osha makes the remark about him being part Giant while staring at his . Hilarious in both the book and the show.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    It's funny how thats a moment of the book that sticks out to you

I been listening to them at work so I must have completely missed the innuendo. I remember Osha saying he was part giant and took it literally I guess.

No wonder Bran likes Hodor so much

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Almost done reading Clash of Kings. Great freaking series. Don't know how or why I never came across it, or the author, before.

It's pretty cool reading the book after watching season 1. I now have faces and places to mentally attach to the characters and locations as I read it.
    Start with book 1, I'm telling you! The first few are just so damn good.

I'm glad the show has brought the series to the attention to so many new fans. I read the books a few years ago, but didn't end up finishing the last one because I could barely handle how Martin treats his characters.

The start of the show renewed my interest, though, and I have since re-read the third, and finished the fourth book. The series is not for the faint of heart, and sometimes the sexual content is pretty cheesy, but the overall story is utterly brilliant and completely unpredictable.

Can't wait for the release of A Dance With Dragons, it has been a long wait. I've only managed to see one or two episodes of the HBO series, so it looks like I'll probably fill my time with that while I wait for the next installment.

Name
    Erik Senecal
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    College
    Kansas Jayhawks
    HBO is showing the first 3 episodes right now, back to back to back.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    I got all caught up via On Demand. Good !

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Just finished book 4. I am convinced at the time book 4 was published that this Martin guy has absolutely no clue or inkling as to how he's going to wrap this story up. Either he's going to croak while he's working on another sequel or the resolution is gonna suck.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Jamie Lannister is the .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    if any of you want to watch in online free and in good quality go to this site and download the program http://www.funshion.com/download?alliance_id=59562

then just search for Game of Thrones and enjoy

disclaimer its all in Chinese

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    oh sorry the program to watch it is in Chinese but the show itself is in English and high quality

Name
    Erik Senecal
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    College
    Kansas Jayhawks
    Book 3 was great (best yet by far). Cant wait to grab the next one.

I don't want to give anything away, but soooooo many unexpected and surprising twists....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons

I don't want to give anything away, but soooooo many unexpected and surprising twists....
    A little TOO many unexpected twists for my tastes, if truth be told....Martin is brutal. Crazy good, though. That book was a page turner. The fourth one is a little bit slower, so be warned. A few too many chapters with new characters, but still solid overall.

A Dance With Dragons came out today, and looks like it'll be great....just bought my copy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I started watching the series on HBO because of how nice the production was. Got hooked up in the story so before episode 10 was aired I was reading the book.

I agree book three was the best so far.

I started reading book 5 yesterday (thanks Kindle!) I'm a bit disappointed so far because some chapters are a copy/paste from book 4 - I'm guessing he is recaping the story for those who forgot or never read book 4, but it still frustrates me.

Hopefully I'll get to the interesting bits soon enough.

I loved how unpredictable he's treatment of his main characters is, although to be fair I think I know the direction the story will take - can't wait to see if I'm right (and secretly hoping I'm not).

Hey Bruce... Lebron is the Rock Sec24Row7's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I started watching the series on HBO because of how nice the production was. Got hooked up in the story so before episode 10 was aired I was reading the book.

I agree book three was the best so far.

I started reading book 5 yesterday (thanks Kindle!) I'm a bit disappointed so far because some chapters are a copy/paste from book 4 - I'm guessing he is recaping the story for those who forgot or never read book 4, but it still frustrates me.

Hopefully I'll get to the interesting bits soon enough.

I loved how unpredictable he's treatment of his main characters is, although to be fair I think I know the direction the story will take - can't wait to see if I'm right (and secretly hoping I'm not).
    Slomo... are you talking about the 3 chapters at the beginning? Jon/Daenarys/Tyrion? Those have all been released on the website as PART (previews)of book 5.... they were not part of FFC...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Slomo... are you talking about the 3 chapters at the beginning? Jon/Daenarys/Tyrion? Those have all been released on the website as PART (previews)of book 5.... they were not part of FFC...
    I was not aware they were released on the web, but yes I'm talking about the first chapters. Having read something like 70 pages more from my post I can say it's getting a lot better. The last chapter which was a copy of a chapter from the 4th book was (*** spoiler alert - highlight at your own risk ***) the one about Jon and the story of Sam leaving. But in truth that is only half the chapter it gets better real quick after that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    spoiler

The ending to Jon Snow's 2nd chapter in the latest book = pure pure pwnage....I bet even Fluffy would approve of it, despite no descriptive references to giant Hodor

Dany's chapters are still ing boring as a mother er, imo her real purpose in this entire series so far is to keep female readers buying books

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    BTW there's this new interview with George RR Martin I read recently that pretty much confirmed that this guy has no clue how he's going to wrap up this . Not surprising. But so far the journey has been cool.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was not aware they were released on the web, but yes I'm talking about the first chapters. Having read something like 70 pages more from my post I can say it's getting a lot better. The last chapter which was a copy of a chapter from the 4th book was (*** spoiler alert - highlight at your own risk ***) the one about Jon and the story of Sam leaving. But in truth that is only half the chapter it gets better real quick after that.
    Oh yeah... But it's not copy/paste... It's just from his perspective...

Book 5 runs concurrently with book 4 until somewhere towards the end.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Oh yeah... But it's not copy/paste... It's just from his perspective...

Book 5 runs concurrently with book 4 until somewhere towards the end.
    The problem I have that there are whole pages where the text is identical. I understand the same event is being described from another perspective but it was ad verbatim.

Anyway minor rant. It gets back on track really quick after that. My only hope is that book six will come soon, because I'll be through with book 5 real fast

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    5 year average between books....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    So I just caught up thanks to icefilms.... I'm loving it... When does the second season air?!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I do approve CBF. Whole Heartedly. I just want Danny to ing nut up and get her ass HOME!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I do approve CBF. Whole Heartedly. I just want Danny to ing nut up and get her ass HOME!
    I'm almost finished with DoD. Seriously, the Dany chapters got good for like the middle, now they're the biggest joke of the entire series bar none.

She's just sitting there saying Oh my children, I have to protect my children. I must go to westeros but I have so many children and mouths to feed. blah blah blah over and over again. It's ridiculous. Almost like Martin was writing her parts just for the sake of writing. To this point in the series, again, theres no reason for that many chapters to be devoted to Dany...her entire role in every book could be condensed to just one book.

Tyrion is so damn funny that he makes up for it though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I'm almost finished with DoD. Seriously, the Dany chapters got good for like the middle, now they're the biggest joke of the entire series bar none.

She's just sitting there saying Oh my children, I have to protect my children. I must go to westeros but I have so many children and mouths to feed. blah blah blah over and over again. It's ridiculous. Almost like Martin was writing her parts just for the sake of writing. To this point in the series, again, theres no reason for that many chapters to be devoted to Dany...her entire role in every book could be condensed to just one book.

Tyrion is so damn funny that he makes up for it though.
    I think the thing that I forget while reading her chapters is that she is supposed to be 15 years old. She's still a Kid. Her last chapter seemed to hint that she realizes now what is important.

I was happiest that they finally gave Selmy some POV chapters. He's by far my favorite character.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    spoilers

I re-listened to a big part of Game of Thrones and I was still so utterly mindblown by how stupid (and detestable) Caitlin is, and how naive Ned is. Caitlin is no different than Cersei Lannister in terms of her hubris and decision making. Although not nearly as crazy and paranoid.

Caitlin deserved every single thing that happens to her, and I hope she dies for good soon because even from beyond the grave she is such a stupid character.

Thread Information