Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bet the nba says something of how manu should have been called for a delay of game for stepping in too close to the inbounder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs had a chance to win it and didn't take it. That's not on the refs, that's on the Spurs.
    Meh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Danny Green had guard skills on the offensive end he'd be a near max player. He did his job getting that steal.
    All the more reason a timeout, which you're arguing against, was in order. Danny having to be a decision-maker and play-maker, with the clock running down is not better than running a play out of a time out in many cases. We were very lucky to have a chance to win, but having Patty and Green being 2/3 of the involved players to close it out- not an optimal situation. Pop could have called timeout. I'm sure he has reconsidered his decision, but you don't get to make it over again. No choice but to move on to the next game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did anyone else think that the first half was reffed like the crew had money on the game? Usually when you see a free throw disparity it's because one team is settling for jumpers and the other one is going hard into the lane. I didn't see one team being more aggressive than the other but I saw one team parading to the free throw line.
    That was the game, there. Everything that happened at the end is really just theater and convenient misdirection. I find it hard to believe a dominant Aldridge and Kawhi, alone, weren't fouled once before The Thunder had 14 free throws.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those who missed Mike and Mike this morning, they said two main things:

1. Ginobili was crowding
    2. Ginobili's flopping reputation likely contributed to the missed call.
    So, a football player and some other guy have the wrong opinion.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FT disparity came from transition baskets which came from Duncan being unable to finish around the rim.
    There is a disparity and then there is a disparity. And, sometimes when OKC players were "unable to finish" they get bailed out.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FT disparity came from transition baskets which came from Duncan being unable to finish around the rim.
    I guess I don't see the relationship between Duncan's ability to finish and the refs' inability to blow a whistle when Parker and Leonard were fouled.

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I don't see the relationship between Duncan's ability to finish and the refs' inability to blow a whistle when Parker and Leonard were fouled.
    Westbrook being fouled in transition is a much easier call to make.

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook being fouled in transition is a much easier call to make, and it leads to FTs. Some fouls were called in favor of the Spurs that didn't lead to FTs.

Cocaine's a helluva drug timtonymanurich's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, a football player and some other guy have the wrong opinion.
    THIS^^

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In fairness, LMA is pushing off at the same time.
    Is he?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did the refs miss this? To paraphrase Kevin Durant. "Idiots."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably out of position. NBA needs to consider 4 on-court officials, especially in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm curious and haven't found an answer on this question: Is it legal for an inbounder to make a jump pass and LAND in bounds? OVER THE LINE. Mark it 0.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm curious and haven't found an answer on this question: Is it legal for an inbounder to make a jump pass and LAND in bounds? OVER THE LINE. Mark it 0.
    I covered that already on the last page. It's illegal for a player to leave their feet to gain an advantage to get the pass in.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, even Cowherd talked about the play. He's allergic to the Spurs, so you know it had to be historically bad for him to let the Spurs infiltrate his precious show.

Oh, and you gotta love Kristine Leahy.

Seattles Biggest Spurs Fan suitedkings's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a good break down of the last sequence.

28 missed calls in total! /sarcasm

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...-thunder-spurs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bottom line is the refs blew the entire last play sequence. We can debate what should've been called on both sides but they blew it. Period.

Theres a fine line between letting them play and letting people get away with murder.. This is dating back to Harden push off. 2 games already have been blown by refs.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so much was happening the refs just let them play.

spurs lost. they were down the whole game. they deserved to lose.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bottom line is the refs blew the entire last play sequence. We can debate what should've been called on both sides but they blew it. Period.

Theres a fine line between letting them play and letting people get away with murder.. This is dating back to Harden push off. 2 games already have been blown by refs.
    Indiana-Toronto game 7 says o.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had a much bigger issue with this being not called than the elbow to Manu not being called. This determined the game right here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA has had a ref issue for over a decade. Does it surprise anyone at this point? The Spurs have no one to blame but themselves. The 1st quarter was atrocious. They were ok with the intensity OKC brought and let them do whatever they wanted. Then 2 or 3 times they were within a bucket and go on these stretches where they miss 5, 6, 7 straight and OKC pushed the lead back up. They need to have more patience and make better decisions in those situations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dude started the clock as soon as it left the hands of Waiters. Either ridiculously incompetent, or fixed.
    And the Spurs got off a shot before that...clock really isn't that big of an issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs still had to score, not like the game was over if the Spurs got the inbound right there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But seriously why hasn't anybody brought up the 5 second violation? This occurs before the elbow or Manu foot on the line?? I honestly slow counted 6-7 seconds

Thread Information