Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see how the Spurs have much option other than to trade him. Relationship is broken. His health hasn't been recovered fully and may not ever be back. They would be foolish to give a broken player a Supermax contract, and the Spurs office never makes a bad contract with a player, right? He would walk at the end of next season. Have to trade him.
    He's healthy.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No news from his exit interview?

He’s gone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think anything is decided. I think he could be gone, but I also think there is still room to work things out for obvious reasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think anything is decided. I think he could be gone, but I also think there is still room to work things out for obvious reasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol - I mean, it’s true. Nothing appears to be decided at this point until we hear otherwise. We can make educated guesses, but I’m of the opinion it legitimately can go either way still. Some things in life really are 50/50.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why wouldn't the Cavs take that deal?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    that is weird...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He’s gone
    Just waiting for Woj to stir up the hornet's nest while the local beat writers go into defensive positions of denying everything acting like they've known more than they've let on. How many times has this scenario played out this year?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    what did he have to gain from not playing?

there's only cons. unless he was really wasn't in a condition to play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what did he have to gain from not playing?
    Infuriating the Spurs so much that they would trade you?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Infuriating the Spurs so much that they would trade you?
    true. not playing also lowers his trade value though. which i guess would help the team got him...

i think if he had wanted a trade he would've let it be known before the deadline.

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He’s gone
    I mean, when have we ever had news from a Spurs player during exit interviews. Just sayin'. :P

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. I’m sure Pop didn’t conduct them. His interview may have simply been them telling him that Pop wants to talk to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s sad and funny at the same time how fast the media is turning on Pop.
    Are these alternative facts? Come on man get ahold of yourself!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    true. not playing also lowers his trade value though. which i guess would help the team got him...

i think if he had wanted a trade he would've let it be known before the deadline.
    This is something I don't think has been discussed enough. Other teams will certainly consider his injury history and scrutinize this latest quad injury, and then factor in Kawhi's tactics towards the Spurs plus the involvement of his group, and may decide all things considered, this guy is not worth sending a bunch of young talent and picks to get back a potentially injury prone player, possibly degenerative, with a monster contract who acted like a little to the Spurs.

There will be suitors no doubt, I just dont think the offers will be as lucrative as we anticipate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why isn’t he rehabbing then? Why did his NY rehab end literally the minute the Spurs were eliminated?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why isn’t he rehabbing then? Why did his NY rehab end literally the minute the Spurs were eliminated?
    I don't know if he is or isn't. What do you think is REALLY going on?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if he is or isn't. What do you think is REALLY going on?
    His group is trying to force either the SuperMax or a trade, and they're playing dirty pool to do it. This was a 'medical' hold out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His group is trying to force either the SuperMax or a trade, and they're playing dirty pool to do it. This was a 'medical' hold out.
    It sure looks that way. I want to give Kawhi benefit of the doubt, but that appears naiive on my part. Tough disappointing bitter pill to swallow as a fan. What do you think is best for the Spurs, and what do you think the outcome will be, ultimately? Do you think K was injured, rehabbed, and came back too soon and this mess took a new direction thanks to K's uncle/entourage?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could still be rehabbing; I bet he is in fact. I think the only thing that doubt is cast upon now is that he HAD to be in NY to rehab.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could still be rehabbing; I bet he is in fact. I think the only thing that doubt is cast upon now is that he HAD to be in NY to rehab.
    He's in ing LA, kicking back and taking in the Dodgers. I didn't even see Uncle Fester there to hold Kawhi's hand in that video from Chavez Ravine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's in ing LA, kicking back and taking in the Dodgers. I didn't even see Uncle Fester there to hold Kawhi's hand in that video from Chavez Ravine.
    No one rehabs 24/7. Even in NY he was spotted around. He could very well be working out in the mornings and then doing what normal people do at night.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From reddit:

What’s up Spurs bros. I’ve tried posting this to r/nba before, but apparently, it breaks the rules. It’s a pretty cool story that I hope you guys can appreciate. This is the exact post I wrote on the day that it happened (April 27, about 30 minutes outside NYC):

I'll preface this by saying that I have no hard proof, but hopefully, the story is as cool to you guys as it was for me. So, I went to the gym today with my friend. The gym we go to isn't just a gym, it's a like a full athletic facility, weight rooms, courts, pools, the works. We always go on Friday, but usually not till night time. We went today around 1pm, played a little basketball, then we went to go lift. So we're doing our thing, and I can't help but notice this huge guy in the corner doing some type of exercise with a trainer. I mean, he was by far the biggest guy in the room. He was wearing a hood, pretty tight, so I couldn't see his face. It was him and the trainer working, and some guy watching them. So, I'm in the middle of my set, I see this guy turn around, and I looked at his face.

Right before, I was thinking, this is probably just another football player, cause we have a couple NFL players that come to this place to train sometimes. No big name guys, but the people at the desk have told me that that some people affiliated with the NY Jets defer from the training facility to come here and work because it's closer. Anyway, he turned around and I immediately looked at him. This guy already had my attention since he was huge, and I wanted to just get a good look at him. I saw his face and I was like holy , that looks just like Kawhi Leonard. It was really weird, like, I was thinking there's no way Kawhi ing Leonard is right there. I was honestly thinking in a state of denial for a second. Idk if any of you have ever seen someone famous in public, but I never had. It was like, I know who this person is, but I had a very hard time believing that they were actually right near me. So, I walked up to him as he was walking away from his station, and I just said "yo", not really knowing how to approach this situation. Immediately, he said "sup" and put out his fist, so I fist bumped him, then he kept walking away.

The other guy in the corner walked up to me and asked me if I was a fan. I just said "is that Kawhi?". He said, "yes, I'm his uncle". So, right now, I'm ing starstruck. Kawhi walks back over and I asked him if I could get a pic and he said "nah, sorry.", then he walked away. His uncle said that Kawhi is strictly staying off social media right now and that it wasn't anything personal. He said that if I wanted, Kawhi could give me an autograph. I didn't know what the to do cause I had nothing that he could sign. I ran to the showers and grabbed my towel, then got a sharpie from the desk. This was pretty stupid, in hindsight, cause this took like 5 minutes. I probably could've just grabbed a post-it from the desk and had him sign it, but I was honestly in like a delirium. I got back, and they were gone. I went to the desk and I was like, "Does he really go here?". The guy said "Kawhi?, yea, once in a while". I was in ing disbelief. I had just met Kawhi Leonard, and he fist bumped me. NBA champion, Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard fist bumped me. It was honestly one of the great moments of my life, looking back. At the time, I didn't know what the to do, but holy . It was so ing cool.

TL;DR: Met Kawhi at the gym, he fist bumped me

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBASpurs/co...awhi_recently/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one rehabs 24/7. Even in NY he was spotted around. He could very well be working out in the mornings and then doing what normal people do at night.
    And yet he couldn’t leave NY at all until the Spurs were eliminated. Anyone who believes Kawhitter’s bs mudt he really dense tbh.

Thread Information