Page 93 of 238 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 5940
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from ATH Kevin Shorter after committing to Texas (24/7). He mentioned his second unofficial visit to UT on August 2nd was when he knew what his decision would be:

“It's just great all over,” Shorter said of Texas. “They showed me they really care about me.”

“He (Larry Porter) sat down with my family and just told the truth,” Shorter said. “He told me how many backs they have on scholarship, everything like that.”

“All he said was I had a chance that if I come to Texas and work hard I have a chance to get some playing time as a freshman,” Shorter said. “I liked that.”

“When I started getting offers I never thought I'd blow up like I did and it's been fun to see all of the different schools that have recruited me,” Shorter said. “Then the phone calls started. Coaches want to you to call them back at the same time and there's no way you can. Then reporters call and they all ask the same questions."

“I'm just ready for it to be over.”

“It's a relief,” Shorter said. “It's not going to slow things down. I'm sure some schools will still call, but I'm done. I'm 100-percent committed to Texas."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ATH Kevin Shorter (last night at Newton's scrimmage)

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WR Trey Quinn of Lake Charles, LA has committed to LSU.

http://247sports.com/Player/Trey-Quinn-16974

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    JUCO QB Nick Marshall has won the starting job at Auburn.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...hnson/2667863/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    According to his Twitter, 2015 DE James Lockhart of Ennis will be visiting UT tomorrow.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Pre-season AP poll released. Texas at #15:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/1

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ATH Kevin Shorter (last night at Newton's scrimmage)

anybody else notice he is wearing an aTm shirt inside out in this picture?

Post Count
    HAHA, that's a pretty good catch. Our backfield is loaded, but it can never stay healthy, so we could use him at back.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He was wearing red cleats (Arkansas) on Friday as well. He mentioned he didn't want anyone knowing where he was going, but he decided to tell the 24/7 guys that he was choosing Texas once everyone left.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Saturday's practice video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXmy7DnKGe0

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Not sure who reported first, but S John Bonney was a surprise visitor to campus this evening.

2015 CB Darrell Miller of Cedar Hill is also in attendance.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 reporting 2016 QB Tristen Wallace of DeSoto will be in Austin on Tuesday.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2015 DE James Lockhart of Ennis

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Another trailer for the 2013 season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APzpdIL7hzU

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Normally I wouldn't post a Daylon Mack update because we know how he feels and only our season can change that. However I thought it was interesting that on twitter he said he's not considering any Florida schools because of the Trayvon Martin incident. Malik Jefferson agreed with him. I hadn't even thought about the recruiting impact of that.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Normally I wouldn't post a Daylon Mack update because we know how he feels and only our season can change that. However I thought it was interesting that on twitter he said he's not considering any Florida schools because of the Trayvon Martin incident. Malik Jefferson agreed with him. I hadn't even thought about the recruiting impact of that.

Daylon also mentioned his parents told him they didn't want him to be that far away and put an end to talk of FL schools.

He also said his two current favorites are LSU and Ags.

It is very obvious from his comments Texas is well behind. He is big on a team winning and I believe it would take 11+ win season for him to seriously consider UT.
    Last edited by the chronic; 08-19-2013 at 07:31 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    List of all Division I players that have either been injured or are no longer with their respective teams in 2013:

http://www.philsteele.com/miscpages/...or_to_ssn.html

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from S Jamal Adams (24/7):

“I may have to reschedule it (the official visit to Texas),” he said. “I’m not exactly sure yet. There’s a chance I could have to reschedule two or three of them because of my high school football. My coach wants me to be there on certain dates."

“No matter what, if I do have to reschedule, they’ll (Texas) still get a visit,” he added. “That’s for sure. That’s not changing.”

"I’m still talking with Coach Akina quite a bit here and there,” said Adams. “They don’t really stay on me because sometimes it’s annoying. I’m actually glad he’s cool and doesn’t bother me all the time. We have a great relationship and he’s a coach who I really enjoy talking to and a coach I really trust. He’s one of my favorite coaches to talk to.”

“Coach Akina is a huge reason why I like Texas so much,” Adams said. “What he’s done speaks for itself. They’ll be in it until the end because of him. His history of producing DBs is a major deal to me. That makes you think long and hard about them.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on DE Solomon Thomas of Coppell (24/7). He's saying he won't be taking any official visits until his high school season ends:

“Texas is probably one of the schools recruiting me the hardest, if not the hardest,” he said.

“I keep in touch with Texas a lot through social media,” said Thomas. “We definitely talk a lot. I also try to call Coach [Mack] Brown at least once a month or so. I have a very good relationship with him and the coaching staff. It’s good always talking to him."

“Coach [Oscar] Giles is who I talk to the most though,” he added. “He’s just such a great guy to talk to about football and off the field stuff, too. We have a very strong relationship, especially since he’s been recruiting me for a long time. He’s a guy who I put a lot of trust in and feel like I can talk to about anything.”

“There’s a very strong possibility that Texas will get an official visit from me,” Thomas said. “I also plan to visit them a couple of times this season for some games. I’ve been down there quite a bit, but at the same time it’s also been awhile. I plan to get down there sometime soon and then probably go back for an official.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2015 DE James Lockhart of Ennis talks about his unofficial visit to Texas yesterday (24/7):

“We spent a full day there and it was great,” said Lockhart. “It was real great actually. My family and I really enjoyed it. They showed my family around campus and around the facilities. I also got to meet Earl Campbell, which is what stood out the most to me."

“They’re (the Texas coaches) great,” Lockhart said. “They’re all nice and took care of me. Coach [Oscar] Giles is my main recruiter and he’s a very cool coach. It really looks like he takes care of his players.”

“I'd say Texas is my number one school now,” Lockhart told Horns247. "I love everything there. Texas is really growing on me. They’ve always been in my favorites list, but yeah, I saw my number one now.”

“It’s Texas first,” he said. “Then Texas A&M and TCU now. Texas, Baylor, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, TCU and Texas Tech have all offered, but those three are my favorites with Texas on top.”

“I’m not going to commit anytime soon,”
    said Lockhart. “I’m going to wait until this time my senior year.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from 2015 S Larry Pryor of Sulphur Springs (24/7):

“I’m going to call Coach [Stacy] Searels and get it figured out,” said Pryor. “Ideally I want to make it down before the start of the season. I need to see when he wants me to come down though."

“If it’s not before my season starts, it'll be soon after,” he added. “I’ll also be coming down for some games this year, too. I’m just really trying to come down there as soon as I possibly can.”

“I probably won’t (commit on a trip to Austin),” he told Horns247. “I’d say probably not, because I’m thinking I’ll make a decision before my senior season. I don’t know yet for sure though.”

“Texas is definitely my favorite,”
    said Pryor. “It would be tough for anyone to change that. I feel like Texas is home. It’s where I’m the most comfortable. It’s a great school with a good coaching staff and good team.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2015 S Larry Pryor also talks about where things stand with the "Fab Five" or "East Texas Six" group (24/7):

“None of us are worried about that anymore,” Pryor said. “Now it’s more like whatever happens, happens. Some of us in that group have different interests than the others.”

“I wouldn’t force it on them because it’s their decision,”
    Pryor said. “But I would talk to them about joining me at Texas. I would definitely recruit them.”

Thread Information