Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    he dominated that game. Was the best player on the court in a game with Jimmy and Towns both there............of course no one says anything specially Spurs fans who are some haters to specific players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he dominated that game. Was the best player on the court in a game with Jimmy and Towns both there............of course no one says anything specially Spurs fans who are some haters to specific players
    Murray and Gay were the best players tonight...

WTF is this troll on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No hatred. The majority of us want any Spur to succeed because it makes our team succeed. The reason not to go mad over this performance is it took a lot of shots on a low percentage to get those points. It should be a normal stat line for him with Kawhi out. Hopefully the efficiency will go up. I liked the assists as much as anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9-21 "beast mode".

I want LA to be great, I really do. I just don't see it happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No hatred. The majority of us want any Spur to succeed because it makes our team succeed. The reason not to go mad over this performance is it took a lot of shots on a low percentage to get those points. It should be a normal stat line for him with Kawhi out. Hopefully the efficiency will go up. I liked the assists as much as anything.
    9-21 "beast mode".

I want LA to be great, I really do. I just don't see it happening.
    OP going for Rimmy hits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA plays like that throughout the season we will be in good shape. He was having a good time. Had the most points, the most boards, and had as many assists as anyone. Rudy Gay is going to be a very important piece. This team is going to surprise people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Check Reddit. The casuals are fellating LMA there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost 10 minutes in a row on court without points in the last quarter.

I guess "LMA can handle pressure" is just a fallacy.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was good but was in the fourth quarter. You're never going to go far with him as a number one option because he's awful in clutch and soft on the boards but we just need to stay afloat until Kawhi returns so Aldridge should be capable in the meantime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was good, a bit inefficient but he had at least two misses on fouls that weren't called in his favour. His defense was outstanding too, per par. If you can't appreciate this performance from him then your expectations are wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was he in "beast mode" when Kawhi went down in the WCF?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He played 38 mins and marked Towns all night. And led the team in points, rebounds, assist, and offensive rebounds. Of course he was tired in the 4th. He didnt the bed, he was exhausted for the first game of the season. It will only get easier when Leonard is back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome to ST.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The autistic bot stole this thread from insidehoops

He also follows Boston now but is probably back to GS now, after the past 2 days.

One game doesn't out do the GSW playoff series, moron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA's D was really great. His offense was all right outside of his need to fade away way too ing much. His PPP was below 1, to I wouldn't it was a great individual offensive game, but feeding him down low and working through him gave the Spurs an offensive iden y that they used to give everyone else good looks. If Aldridge can get his timing to be more consistent, the other guys will continue to play better and better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what did you guys noticed that got LMA more involved? Was there really a new scheme out there? Or is it just an effect of not having Leonard out there?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what did you guys noticed that got LMA more involved? Was there really a new scheme out there? Or is it just an effect of not having Leonard out there?
    It was just giving him the ball more and him being aggressive. Honestly, they didn't do the plays they practiced in the pre-season nearly enough. I did see LMA seal in transition ala Shaq once, though, but it didn't work out.

If they actually run better plays, LMA can get more than 43 percent from the field.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He gave effort on defense and not many teams can throw lengthy guys like Kat/Djeng at him at the same time ... it was typical Portland LMA ... I always remember how he killed the Spurs in the first half or even three quarters but then disappeared ... still the positive outweighed the negative in this game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge had glimpses of the past. Hot first 3 quarters, last quarter disappeared.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9-21

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I noticed more screening his man a lot to get him deep positions in the paint. In fact, the play to start the game was for Aldridge, but the action between Kyle setting the screen and Lamarcus trying to roll in took a couple of seconds which was all Dejounte needed to slip by his man and get the initial basket. He's also being more aggressive getting position and sealing guys early in the offense, and if he's done that, he gets the ball every time he's put in work to get position close to the basket (contrary to playoffs where guys would do other stuff and only give him the ball late in the offense, sometimes when he was at the 3 pt line)...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA was great overall and played great team defense. But he was poor the last 4 minutes of the game, struggling to get good shots and not passing effectively out of double teams.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge played with a chip on his shoulder and he played great because of it. Clearly focused on proving doubters and haters wrong. Find with me. He needs to bring it consistently and he will be a all star again. Great game on offense AND defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Murray in the game I really would like for LMA not try to get low position all the time, but also go out to the 3 point line to make more room for Murray to attack the basket

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Murray in the game I really would like for LMA not try to get low position all the time, but also go out to the 3 point line to make more room for Murray to attack the basket
    That makes no sense, honestly. Tim didn't do that for Tony.

Thread Information