Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks, Tim. It is becoming clear that Pop’s “I’m going to let them figure it out” was really “I don’t know what to do”. I was glad when my Bally stream gave out in the 3rd quarter. I just went to bed.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's try for 19 straight this time baby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When do we get to play Detroit?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when Wemby does not get his stats, this all becomes totally meaningless and even more frustrating ...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, it's pointless to hope things will get better.
    Pop has completely lost it and most of our current rotation is useless.

From now on, I'm hoping for as many horrible losses as possible and for the old man to have some decency and step down.
    Roster changes and player development are irrelevant as long as he's in charge.
    Kind of sad seeing him go out like this, but it's his own doing.

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You say Sochan was disciplined defensively yet he at every single pump fake from Defrozen. Champagne did earlier once and Sean said Pop called a timeout to yell at him. Sochan does it everytime and gets rewarded with the most minutes in the game

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When do we get to play Detroit?
    Why do I have a feeling we’ll be disappointed with the result of that one too?

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m sorry, but Pop deserved an F-. This was the worst coached game I’ve ever seen from him and it’s embarrassing that none of those useless yes men next to him have the balls to tell him anything.

He called 1 timeout in the entire first half. There was an atrocious 6+ minute portion of the 2nd quarter where the team only scored 3 points and were playing selfish and cancerous basketball. Instead of using multiple of his timeouts during this drought, he called one… After a Wembanyama mid range miss that wasn’t a bad shot

The 14 low IQ players on this team are building and developing awful habits because their coach lets them “play thru it”. This stage of development is important and can make or break careers and this guy who’s the highest paid coach in the league (iirc) is just a spectator just like all of us. He doesn’t call plays for the franchise player and he sure as doesn’t yell and punish the players that are the worst offenders. What does he even do?

This game was the most frustrated I’ve ever seen Victor get. From showing his displeasure about getting benched every quarter at the 7 minute mark until the start of the next quarter, to getting frustrated because the hero ballers he plays with don’t see his intelligent off the ball movement and cuts to get freed near the basket. He’s going to lose the ROTY race, he’s not going to be an All Star, and because of the roster he has around him he won’t make an All defensive team. This isn’t Tim Duncan we’re dealing with who doesn’t care about stuff like that. This is the most hyped prospect since Lebron and a generational talent that we are fumbling. Pop and the front office is going to chase him away 6 years from now, if not sooner, in this player power era and I won’t blame him one bit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop literally stealing money from fans. ing retire already, old man, before you start wearing diapers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not playing with a PG (or a player with PG skills) screw everything on a team.

It's something I see every year in Europe:teams sign a player as PG that has no clue how to run a team and are horrible. After a couple of months, they replace him with a real PG and become decent.

Spurs don't have the talent to be a playoff team but I'm convinced they could have between 7 and 10 wins if Pop was playing players at their position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All i know is i first tuned in during the second quarter and immediately saw us blow a 4 on 2 fastbreak that included wemby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You say Sochan was disciplined defensively yet he at every single pump fake from Defrozen. Champagne did earlier once and Sean said Pop called a timeout to yell at him. Sochan does it everytime and gets rewarded with the most minutes in the game
    I wonder if Timvp even watches these games anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not playing with a PG (or a player with PG skills) screw everything on a team.

It's something I see every year in Europe:teams sign a player as PG that has no clue how to run a team and are horrible. After a couple of months, they replace him with a real PG and become decent.

Spurs don't have the talent to be a playoff team but I'm convinced they could have between 7 and 10 wins if Pop was playing players at their position.
    10 wins would have us in 7th position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the most frustrating part was watching keldon get on wemby when victor didn't pass it out to him outside the three point line. keldon then set a sloppy pick pick for victor after that. vic had seen maliki down low and tried to feed him the ball. it's just a total lack of awareness from players who are starting to become ball hogs. i also think this was the game that sean elliott almost lost it on the air with the lack of touches that victor was getting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the most frustrating part was watching keldon get on wemby when victor didn't pass it out to him outside the three point line. keldon then set a sloppy pick pick for victor after that. vic had seen maliki down low and tried to feed him the ball. it's just a total lack of awareness from players who are starting to become ball hogs. i also think this was the game that sean elliott almost lost it on the air with the lack of touches that victor was getting.
    Yeah, it was like he just went silent for stretches, where you know he was cursing under his breath with his mic fader at 0.

We are straight up going to piss Wemby off and lose him, if not physically yet (as in he will be a Spur), mentally he'll already be fishing, waiting for his max extension and then adios.

This guy could have shot us back into at least a couple of these ball-games. I refuse to believe Wemby is the problem here.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Everyone on the team - "get me the ball"
    Pop - "Crowd is quiet, good.. good"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I wasn't clear enough. Spurs record is 4-23 but I think that it could have been between 7-20 and 10-17 if Pop went with a Jones/Graham PG rotation.

As with every "could have" statement, there are no hard proof of that. It's just my personal feeling.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I wasn't clear enough. Spurs record is 4-23 but I think that it could have been between 7-20 and 10-17 if Pop went with a Jones/Graham PG rotation.

As with every "could have" statement, there are no hard proof of that. It's just my personal feeling.
    In light of that, do you think the Spurs are actively tanking by not playing Jones and Graham as the primary PGs?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Sochan have any trade value?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In light of that, do you think the Spurs are actively tanking by not playing Jones and Graham as the primary PGs?
    I don't think so at all. I think this is Pop trying to be cute and smarter than everyone else which he has done many times over the years and it usually backfires.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why do you need to pay a coach 16 million dollars if the expectations of said coach is just to vomit all over himself for the whole season?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Sochan have any trade value?
    probably not....We can try to trade for another young player whos struggling maybe
    like jayden ivy from the pistons...Either way...Sochan probably not be in our future since
    he aint clicking with wemby

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    probably not....We can try to trade for another young player whos struggling maybe
    like jayden ivy from the pistons...Either way...Sochan probably not be in our future since
    he aint clicking with wemby
    Tbh, no player on the roster has any significant trade value.
    Devin is solid, but that contract isn't a bargain. As in he'll probably be worth it, but not one of those bargain deals.
    Keldon's contract is cheap, but his defense is atrocious and he's a streaky shooter. Two most important things for a wing in today's league.
    Collins is a negative asset with that extension.
    Sochan has potential, but no team will give up anything relevant for him.
    Others aren't even worth mentioning.

The only way Spurs upgrade is trade is with first rounders and our scrubs attached as salary match.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This season is the worst coaching job I've ever seen tbh.

Thread Information