Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, what a disappointment... he's basically a human victory cigar now...

What happened? When did Pop went from full Euro sucker to America first?

Will he pull a DeCulo and ask to be traded, tbh?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing. We got Gay taking all the minutes and no garbage time this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans will go to another team and shine, like so many others have done, because Pop is too stubborn to play them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been sucking his way to the doghouse from summer league basically..Most unreported disappointing story in a Spurs season full of them so far..

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been sucking his way to the doghouse from summer league basically..Most unreported disappointing story in a Spurs season full of them so far..
    Sucking in summer league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes a euroscrub

Worse than an american scrub

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and then Pop puts him at Center

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP is got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's Ginger. Soulless.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You shouldn't make these jokes. People run with that all the time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only people who think Bertrans is good are people who jack up threes with him in 2K

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Confidence down; fit not there either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had an injury to a finger on his shooting hand in training camp, then shot lousy to begin the season and lost his minutes (as he should have) to other players. As he's in at garbage time he never gets to play in a real offense that looks for him. That said, no excuses, he needs to step up if he wants to be with the team the whole season. A 6'10" sniper is valuable is used right. He shot 40% from 3 as a rookie.

But he has to earn it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was in at Center during garbage time. Let's just say he's no Boban. He's not even Bonner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would help if he did something other than brick 3's IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't believe SAGirl hasn't chimed in. She watched some of the last G-League game in which he played. She said he got T'd up late and called for a big blocking foul. She attributed it to Davis' temper, which I don't remember ever seeing in evidence. So, without seeing what she saw, I have a different theory. I think Pop has been trying to get Bertans to play with more "nasty", which is the only way that he is ever going to get much playing time. He has to get better on the boards and tougher defending the PFs he has to guard in order to be a rotation player. So I think Davis may have been working on his nasty in Austin. And tonight Pop put him in to play against Alex Len, who is a real bruiser for Davis to be matched against. Kind of tough love for Davis...?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't deserve to be treated like a redheaded step child. He was a decent contributor last year and suddenly he's the last guy off the bench. I don't get it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would like to at least see him suck. He doesn't even get the chance to play.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't believe SAGirl hasn't chimed in. She watched some of the last G-League game in which he played. She said he got T'd up late and called for a big blocking foul. She attributed it to Davis' temper, which I don't remember ever seeing in evidence. So, without seeing what she saw, I have a different theory. I think Pop has been trying to get Bertans to play with more "nasty", which is the only way that he is ever going to get much playing time. He has to get better on the boards and tougher defending the PFs he has to guard in order to be a rotation player. So I think Davis may have been working on his nasty in Austin. And tonight Pop put him in to play against Alex Len, who is a real bruiser for Davis to be matched against. Kind of tough love for Davis...?
    He doesn't lack toughness, just strength and wingspan. He's never going to be anything but a terrible rebounder because of those two things, but that deficiency didn't prevent Diaw and Bonner from being long time rotation players. The thing Bonner had going for him that Bertans doesn't, is he had the strength to physically defend his position. Bertans is a more versatile shooter/scorer, but lacks a true defensive position (it'll have to be PF by default).

His guarding Len in crunch time had nothing to do with punishment and everything to do with Spurs lack of bigs.

Down 2 front court rotation players and in desperate need of more 3-point shooting and offense in general, he should be playing and the longer it goes without him doing so, the likelihood increases of him requesting a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't lack toughness, just strength and wingspan. He's never going to be anything but a terrible rebounder because of those two things, but that deficiency didn't prevent Diaw and Bonner from being long time rotation players. The thing Bonner had going for him that Bertans doesn't, is he had the strength to physically defend his position. Bertans is a more versatile shooter/scorer, but lacks a true defensive position (it'll have to be PF by default).

His guarding Len in crunch time had nothing to do with punishment and everything to do with Spurs lack of bigs.

Down 2 front court rotation players and in desperate need of more 3-point shooting and offense in general, he should be playing and the longer it goes without him doing so, the likelihood increases of him requesting a trade.
    This.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, maybe it's all about the Spurs' lack of bigs. But why not just send Kyle back in against Len? That's who I would have played against him in a legit game situation- which this wasn't.

You are probably right. But I think Bertans lacks more than strength and wingspan. He hasn't shown much willingness to mix it up under the boards. For a 6'10" player without the freakish quickness and agility of Durant or Greek Freak, Davis will have to develop a better Big Boy game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was away from the keyboard and responding to someone.

He was cursing in the Gleague game, he then argued a call late in the game and got T'ed up, then on defense switched on a guard and got a blocking foul. The team ended up losing a game they were leading on at one point by 19. Sound familiar? This was not the GSW but the Texas legends. He was bullied at the rim and the bigs kept getting offensive boards, or getting Davis to foul them. He has big problems on defense. It's not that he doesn't compete. IMO, he's really slim and doesn't understand positioning well, and doesn't have good eye for rebounding. So I think he's been made to focus on those deficiencies. However, even with all that, I have been surprised he hasn't played.

Think about it like this, though it might sound cruel: If you are going to play a shooter who doesn't rebound or protect the rim, you'd rather play the guard who besides shooting can do a lot of other things, defend on the perimeter better, create for teammates, attack a closeout, dribble in traffic, etc. This is why guys like BP3, and Forbes have picked up playing time. They got a few minutes here and there and dazzled with their versatile game and tenaciousness on defense in BP3's case. Davis can't do any of the things those guys do, his shots are 80% assisted, etc and he doesn't create for others. Where he could have an advantage is in his skills as a "big"... offering better rebounding and rim protection than the guards, in addition to the shooting. Bc he's no good at those things, Pop would rather play BP3, Forbes and even Hilliard over Davis. So bottom line, Davis has to improve at his skills as a big man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, what a disappointment... he's basically a human victory cigar now...

What happened? When did Pop went from full Euro sucker to America first?

Will he pull a DeCulo and ask to be traded, tbh?
    The answer is President Trump. Pop is begging and scraping behind the scenes to get back in the President's good graces and so he's ins uting a brand new America Firsr strategy to his roster, complete with dogging Bertans and faking injuries for the two frenchies on the team. He got an exemption for Manu since he is from the USA of South America.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol at an end of the bench guy requesting a trade.

Thread Information