Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And in larger part due to a really deep team and a great system.
    Said system saw the bottom fall out of it sometime in mid February and never recovered. Not saying the team was a handicap, but if you take Kawhi off the team they fail to win 40 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And in larger part due to a really deep team and a great system.
    Great system? the offense was Kawhi and Aldridge specially the last 40 games. ..

The playoffs was a clear indication that this team's depth is nowhere as good as people make it out to be

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup you can't put the blame on LMA and Kawhi. They held their own. We need better role players period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you took kawhi out of the current ISO and slow paced offense, this team would have cracked in the Regular season. Not to mention the defense was inflated in the first two months.

In actuality the defense had been up and down mostly due to personel. West-Diaw-Porker-mills..

Green shot terribly thr whole year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Said system saw the bottom fall out of it sometime in mid February and never recovered. Not saying the team was a handicap, but if you take Kawhi off the team they fail to win 40 games.

Narratives and reputation bro. Everyone still assumes Parker-Duncan-Ginobili produce better than your average role player. Not to mention, People actuallyy think Diaw is still awesome etc. The only thing that was do ented from a negative standpoint this year in terms of role players is Green shooting but in actual reality he was still more valuable than Porker-Mills-Diaw-West etc.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And if you replace Kawhi with Kevin Durant they probably win 66-70 games. I'm not saying Kawhi isn't good. I'm saying he's not, in my opinion, quite yet deserving of the awards and accolades he keeps getting. I love him, but I just don't believe that he's the second best player in the league, and I roll my eyes when people act like it's a given that he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a huge salty got.
    Agreed. That's all you had to say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And if you replace Kawhi with Kevin Durant they probably win 66-70 games. I'm not saying Kawhi isn't good. I'm saying he's not, in my opinion, quite yet deserving of the awards and accolades he keeps getting. I love him, but I just don't believe that he's the second best player in the league, and I roll my eyes when people act like it's a given that he is.
    KD had a better surrounding cast all season and they won 55 games. Not even sure where you're going with this.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy is top perimeter defender of all time and still he is threat on the offensive end. We can think of him changing places with Paul and CP3 or Durant or Curry but the teams are different and differently built.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KD had a better surrounding cast all season and they won 55 games. Not even sure where you're going with this.
    Exactly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best defender in the league by far, 45% 3-point shooter, greatest midrange game in the league, elite post player, solid court vision and playmaking, underrated dribble-drive, and still improving by leaps and bounds game by game. Not sure what else you want him to do; I agree he isn't the second best player in the league, but he's still Top 5 and the most important player on the team by far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deandre is a nice player and all but has no business being on the 1st team ahead of KD.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deandre is a nice player and all but has no business being on the 1st team ahead of KD.....
    Well with the format being 2 guards/2 forwards/1 center, it's not like he beat out Durant for votes or anything. He was going up against guys like Cousins, Whiteside, etc.

Regardless, they really need to change the format to 2 backcourt players/3 frontcourt players...especially with how the game is changing and there being fewer and fewer centers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KD has been the top playoff performer, but this is a regular season award. If you are taking the playoffs into consideration, then does Curry belong on 1st team? And Green wouldn't be on any of the three, right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well with the format being 2 guards/2 forwards/1 center, it's not like he beat out Durant for votes or anything. He was going up against guys like Cousins, Whiteside, etc.

Regardless, they really need to change the format to 2 backcourt players/3 frontcourt players...especially with how the game is changing and there being fewer and fewer centers.
    This

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure what else you want him to do.
    Sustain it. That's all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sustain it. That's all.
    That has nothung to do with him deserving the awards this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi has the responsibility of guarding the best player while also scoring 20 PPG. ing morons in this thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That has nothung to do with him deserving the awards this year
    I didn't say that it did. I answered a question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi has the responsibility of guarding the best player while also scoring 20 PPG. ing morons in this thread.
    Yea but to be honest the Spurs might be better served finding another scoring option next year, so that KL won't have to counted on to score 25+ but concentrate on defense and those 20 something points can be considered gravy instead of a necessity. I can't think of any player ever that had to be the team's top scorer as well as it's best defender (and as such guard the opposing teams best scoring threat at a shut down level). KL can't lead the team in scoring and shut down a monster like RW or KD as well. It was perfect when he could concentrate on d and his points were a bonus. Guarding the ultra elite requires way too much energy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea but to be honest the Spurs might be better served finding another scoring option next year, so that KL won't have to counted on to score 25+ but concentrate on defense and those 20 something points can be considered gravy instead of a necessity. I can't think of any player ever that had to be the team's top scorer as well as it's best defender (and as such guard the opposing teams best scoring threat at a shut down level). KL can't lead the team in scoring and shut down a monster like RW or KD as well. It was perfect when he could concentrate on d and his points were a bonus. Guarding the ultra elite requires way too much energy.
    Agreed. The Spurs desperately need another scorer. Kawhi is an elite 2 way player but he can't keep doing it by himself. So posters expecting Kawhi to sustain both responsibilities are unrealistic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KL as your 3rd offensive option is to be desired. Why while it won't happen now, if we could have gotten KD, let he and LMA score the points and let others defend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. The Spurs desperately need another scorer. Kawhi is an elite 2 way player but he can't keep doing it by himself. So posters expecting Kawhi to sustain both responsibilities are unrealistic.
    The natural progression is for him to score more and defend the best players occaionally. That can be done with a good penetrating pg and respectable defender

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green is an amazing defender. He will most likely progress to defending more Sfs..

Thread Information