Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some freinds of mine st work were talking about this recently. There are some places where fracking takes place where the river and tap water can catch fire? Idk but that sounds crazy!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some freinds of mine st work were talking about this recently. There are some places where fracking takes place where the river and tap water can catch fire? Idk but that sounds crazy!
    There are also places with no fracking where the ground water contains methane. There has been NO proven causation from fracking.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are also places with no fracking where the ground water contains methane. There has been NO proven causation from fracking.
    because BigCarbon has gotten Congress to block all approval and funding, for many years, of fracking, just like BigGun has blocked research into gun violence.

because there's methane water where there's no fracking proves nothing. People complaing about methane, etc in their water near fracking began AFTER the the fracking arrived.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, well, well.....

Stanford University report finds fracking CAN pollute underground drinking water
    Source: Cleveland.com

Stanford University report finds fracking CAN pollute underground drinking water, conflicting with previous studies

April 01, 2016 at 1:49 PM
    A newly released study of fracking in a small Wyoming town has found that common practices in the industry may have widespread impacts on drinking water – a conclusion in direct conflict to U.S. EPA and Yale University reports last year that no such evidence exists.

The latest study was conducted by scientists at Stanford University based on findings from hydraulic fracturing operations in Pavillion, Wyoming, population 231.

The findings were reached based on public records and were published in the latest edition of Environmental Science & Technology.

The Stanford study found a direct link between fracking operations near the town and underground sources of drinking water. The research cited such unsafe practices as the dumping of drilling and production fluids containing diesel fuel, high chemical concentrations in unlined pits, and a lack of adequate cement barriers to protect groundwater.
    Read more: http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...cart_river_hom

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, well, well.....

Stanford University report finds fracking CAN pollute underground drinking water
    Source: Cleveland.com

The science has been conclusive for a while, it will become overwhelming. BigCarbon has killed the planet, and BigOil knew about and hid AGW 40 years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    read your own ing article. The pollution was from surface contamination.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    read your own ing article. The pollution was from surface contamination.
    there's plenty of surface contamination from fracking, and holdind ponds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there's plenty of surface contamination from fracking, and holdind ponds.
    I know in Texas they are pretty strictly registered and controlled. I have no problem with strong enforceable guidelines to avoid surface contamination.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "registered and controlled"

what's the enforcement budget?

how many inspectors?

how many fines per year for violations?

"registered and controlled"

Thread Information